Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malaysian kids with 1MCC

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 am

Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Seems that Malaysians are more important that Cardiffians these days...

Re: Malaysian kids with 1MCC

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

Last thing Welsh kids need is something for nothing!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Loads of Malaysian kids with freebies got free tickets to the game yesterday - wouldn't it be great if we could do this to local kids. Would be more sustainable too and kids may nag parents to go again...

I totally agree. It is unfair on the local's who can't afford to go to the games and these foreign kids who never heard of Cardiff City before the games were televised and their coaching system in Malaysia!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 am

How do you know for a fact that it was a "freebie"?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 am

Gonzo wrote:How do you know for a fact that it was a "freebie"?

this is what i was wondering??

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am

i am assuming that they have come over from malaysia on a tour,probably backed by our owner,but i see no problem with them,,,do you think we should have charged the troops for attending?? :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

At least they had Cardiff shirts/scarves etc, and will go home wearing them. Will continue supporting us and encourage others to do so.
They looked delighted and very happy walking around the pitch, bouncing about and smiling, with a great reception from the fans. Something they will never forget and tell their family/friends when they get home. Good for the future of the club I say.
Locals would have turned up in Man U/Liverpool tops for the freebie and then gone home, not to return until the next freebie arrived. Maybe? No excuse for local kids not to turn up, with tickets at £5.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

Cardiff lads would have worm them home too and will continue to support us and nag their parents to come back.

Why is it good for the future of the club that some youngsters from the other side of the world got a free day out? What benefits will the club get in the future?

Having worked with the community foundation section of City for the past few seasons - it's very tough to get anything for local youngsters, so I'm annoyed that this freebie was given out to children with no real link to CCFC.

It was definitely a freebie as I know a few of the lads who work in the community section and they informed me.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

krabb wrote:

i am assuming that they have come over from malaysia on a tour,probably backed by our owner,but i see no problem with them,,,do you think we should have charged the troops for attending?? :ayatollah:

He's a dick!

Angry man (another dick :) ) started a thread on this the other day and got battered again! :D

From what I read in that thread, 1MCC paid for the trip etc and the club already do lots for the local kids, LIke a whole pound to watch us play Peterborough, they're heavily involved in the Ty Hafan charity and have continued to foster good relationships in the community and further afield!

There's always something for some our fans to moan about eh! :roll:

If you want to see something else the club does for the kids in the community, read the following link:-

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 18427.aspx

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Cardiff lads would have worm them home too and will continue to support us and nag their parents to come back.

Why is it good for the future of the club that some youngsters from the other side of the world got a free day out? What benefits will the club get in the future?

Having worked with the community foundation section of City for the past few seasons - it's very tough to get anything for local youngsters, so I'm annoyed that this freebie was given out to children with no real link to CCFC.

It was definitely a freebie as I know a few of the lads who work in the community section and they informed me.

Overthemoon wrote:
krabb wrote:

He's a dick!

Angry man (another dick :) ) started a thread on this the other day and got battered again! :D

From what I read in that thread, 1MCC paid for the trip etc and the club already do lots for the local kids, LIke a whole pound to watch us play Peterborough, they're heavily involved in the Ty Hafan charity and have continued to foster good relationships in the community and further afield!

There's always something for some our fans to moan about eh! :roll:

If you want to see something else the club does for the kids in the community, read the following link:-

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 18427.aspx

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 am

So, because I think the club should do things for local kids than kids on another continent, I'm a dick? :lol: oh dear.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:So, because I think the club should do things for local kids than kids on another continent, I'm a dick? :lol: oh dear.

dont be silly

you are a dick for plenty of other reasons too ;) :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am

Have no complaints welcoming some welsh soldiers - local lads who have fought for their country. Proud to have them there.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:So, because I think the club should do things for local kids than kids on another continent, I'm a dick? :lol: oh dear.

No, you're a dick because you continually find something to have a go at the club about and It wouldn't be so bad, if you carried out some research first!

The club are always doing things for local kids, but when have you ever posted something positive to praise them eh? :roll:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

No, you're a dick because you continually find something to have a go at the club about and It wouldn't be so bad, if you carried out some research first!

The club are always doing things for local kids, but when have you ever posted something positive to praise them eh? :roll:

Do some research? I've had dealings with the community folks for the past few years and praise all the work they do - with limited resources.

If you can't have a sensible discussion without resorting to childish name calling, maybe you should be the one to look at yourself.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Do some research? I've had dealings with the community folks for the past few years and praise all the work they do - with limited resources.
If you can't have a sensible discussion without resorting to childish name calling, maybe you should be the one to look at yourself.

So why do you not praise any of the good work that the club carry out on this message board and only post negative stuff about them? :?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Where have I criticised the work of the community foundation? All I said is that I'd prefer this PR Stunt to have been carried out locally as it would have encouraged local children to come more regularly thus bringing the future fans of Cardiff city through.

Especially as the foundation has limited resources as it is, Is this not a fair point?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

I agree with you to some extent; its important to develop close links with the local community.

If you have noticed, Cardiff FC hold many workshops in the stadium for local school children, and have strong links with schools in the valleys, vale of glamorgan and bridgend. With most recent workshop being on healthy eating and promotion of fitness. The workshop ended with a tour of stadium and meeting players.

However, the key thing about the Malaysian kids is developing awareness of Cardiff City FC in Malaysia......small gestures like free tickets would go long way in their community....I have never seen big clubs like Liverpool or Man Utd giving away free tickets. Secondly, VT seems to be aiming his marketing strategy at the Far East market, sadly one of the reasons we rebranded to red :cry:.

Just because we seen a load of Malaysian children on the pitch yesterday doesnt mean the club arent working with the local community. You be well suprised with the amount of work which goes on behind closed doors.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Season tickets for a £1 not good enough :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Where have I criticised the work of the community foundation? All I said is that I'd prefer this PR Stunt to have been carried out locally as it would have encouraged local children to come more regularly thus bringing the future fans of Cardiff city through.

Especially as the foundation has limited resources as it is, Is this not a fair point?

:? I never said you criticised the community foundation, merely that you continually criticise the club!

It's clear from your post that you were praising the community foundation, the point I was making, is that you praised the community foundation, but you never praise any of the good work that the club have carried out, which is encouraging local children to come more regularly!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 pm

I thought the club had a lot of local community links?
Why can't local kids afford £5 for a ticket?

Good marketing is not confined to one area. There should be several schemes at once, so promoting the club in the far east where the future growth is going to be, is a good idea.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:17 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:

I agree with you to some extent; its important to develop close links with the local community.

If you have noticed, Cardiff FC hold many workshops in the stadium for local school children, and have strong links with schools in the valleys, vale of glamorgan and bridgend. With most recent workshop being on healthy eating and promotion of fitness. The workshop ended with a tour of stadium and meeting players.

However, the key thing about the Malaysian kids is developing awareness of Cardiff City FC in Malaysia......small gestures like free tickets would go long way in their community....I have never seen big clubs like Liverpool or Man Utd giving away free tickets. Secondly, VT seems to be aiming his marketing strategy at the Far East market, sadly one of the reasons we rebranded to red :cry:.

Just because we seen a load of Malaysian children on the pitch yesterday doesnt mean the club arent working with the local community. You be well suprised with the amount of work which goes on behind closed doors.

I'm well aware of their work within the education sector - I have worked with them in this aspect for the past few seasons - and my experiences show that they could do with more funding on projects such as this.

Again, where have I criticised the work of the foundation? All I said was that I'd prefer them give out freebies to local kids who, would then hopefully nag their parents to come again and therefore develop the future supporters of the club.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

I'm well aware of their work within the education sector - I have worked with them in this aspect for the past few seasons - and my experiences show that they could do with more funding on projects such as this.

Again, where have I criticised the work of the foundation? All I said was that I'd prefer them give out freebies to local kids who, would then hopefully nag their parents to come again and therefore develop the future supporters of the club.

Again, I never said that you criticised the work of the foundation, but you continually criticise Cardiff City fotball club, for not doing enough for the local community, without ever praising the good work that they do carry out!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Why is future growth going to be in Malaysia? CCFC used to pride itself on being a club for the locals - just appears to be disappearing quicker than blue and white kits...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Over the moon. That post wasn't even quoting you. Where have I criticised the club? Apart from rebranding etc..

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Why is future growth going to be in Malaysia? CCFC used to pride itself on being a club for the locals - just appears to be disappearing quicker than blue and white kits...

You still don't answer my question! :?

As for your repeated criticism of the club again, I'd say that the club are trying to promote us at home and abroad and have clearly identified the youth of today, as it's future revenue stream!

Hence the Family Club of the year award(s)!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Over the moon. That post wasn't even quoting you. Where have I criticised the club? Apart from rebranding etc..

It'd be easier for you to post one of your praise of the club threads! :)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Why is future growth going to be in Malaysia? CCFC used to pride itself on being a club for the locals - just appears to be disappearing quicker than blue and white kits...

You still don't answer my question! :?

As for your repeated criticism of the club again, I'd say that the club are trying to promote us at home and abroad and have clearly identified the youth of today, as it's future revenue stream!

Hence the Family Club of the year award(s)!

Why not the LOCAL youth of today? Surely that would be more of a future revenue stream. Get them hooked early on. No?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Over the moon. That post wasn't even quoting you. Where have I criticised the club? Apart from rebranding etc..

It'd be easier for you to post one of your praise of the club threads! :)

You claim "repeated criticism" of the club, yet still don't give an example...

Very critical of rebrand, yes.. Think that's fair though.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I agree with your point here, the local element is just as important as the international element. But if you have noticed in Canton 109, there were free tickets issued to local kids football team on Sunday and for the past 5 home games as well. I think Taffs Well had free tickets for the under 11's and 12's.

I do agree the club can do more as well.......do you know what budget they're working on btw Barry? be interesting to know. Obviously the club would have to self fund the projects unless they get some partners involved.