Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why shouldn't we get carried away?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 am

I'm reading in places that we shouldn't get carried away and we need to do this and that etc etc..

Sorry but we are currently top of the league by 1 pt and 5 pts clear of 3rd.

We are not playing superbly but we are still getting results.

We have players regaining fitness and January will see new arrivals into the squad esp at full back and a forward.

Yeah it would be better if we were in blue, but the Prem is what we need most.

Lets get behind the boys now..

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Why shouldn't we get carried away?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

Because its only December :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

we should enjoy where we are a bit more than we actually are :lol:

but yeah, the time to get carried away is another 15/20 games away

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Because its only December :lol:

And because we were 6 points clear of everybody around Christmas time 6 seasons ago and only just finished above the relegated teams!

On the bright side, we're only around 8 points from being certain of not being relegated! :D

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 am

Overthemoon wrote:

And because we were 6 points clear of everybody around Christmas time 6 seasons ago and only just finished above the relegated teams!

On the bright side, we're only around 8 points from being certain of not being relegated! :D

werent we 6 points clear in october that season?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Now is not the time to get carried away but if you can't enjoy being top of the league when can you enjoy it?

People would rather moan about DJ or look for the weakest player of the last game and have a go at him than actually enjoying a win and praising our manager and out best performers.

I'm loving it :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Enjoying being top of the league - I'd say getting "carried away" was claiming were already up and assuming were going to win games, as many did before yesterday.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

werent we 6 points clear in october that season?

Can't remember, thought it was Christmas but I'm getting old now! :)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 pm

We need to see where we are in 3 games time half way through. Still got a tough second half of the season with many away games against tougher teams Leeds, Brum, Watford, Boro are really tough places for us to go. Plus we start the second half of the season v Palace. If we're top 2 and have a gas if more than three points v 3rd at the end of Boxing Day we'll be in dream and.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Now is not the time to get carried away but if you can't enjoy being top of the league when can you enjoy it?

People would rather moan about DJ or look for the weakest player of the last game and have a go at him than actually enjoying a win and praising our manager and out best performers.

But haveyou got a bad feeling about the rest of the season.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm

ill get carried away the min promation is guarentteed. at moment im enjoyin where we are but lookin at in a another view aswell

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Now is not the time to get carried away but if you can't enjoy being top of the league when can you enjoy it?

But haveyou got a bad feeling about the rest of the season.

Not at all.

It's certainly not, just take it as it comes. No doubt plenty of twists and turns to come.