Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HALF SEASON TICKETS FLYING OUT '

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 am

Been on the phone for a long time trying to get my Blackburn ticket and also two more for Peterboro, my numbers now up to seventeen for Peterboro.

When I finally got through they apologised for delay but explained that they had put the half season season tickets on sale and they are flying out.

Vince Alm said to me weeks ago and it looks like he was spot on, after Xmas if we still up there on or near the top, the crowds will come for the run in and I'm sure he's right. On-wards and upwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HALF SEASON TICKETS FLYING OUT

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 am

Be interesting to see how much this puts on our attendances.

17 - well done. I've got 5 extra coming.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Good news regarding season tickets, hopefully we will get a big crowd and create a great atmosphere against Peterborough. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 am

Just been on the phone to get a half-season ticket (16-21 in Zone 4F or D) near my mates, but I can't because I'm not bringing a child :(

Might have to go in the Canton then :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 am

would be nice to sell 1000 of these, anyone know what the target is?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:21 am

paulh_85 wrote:would be nice to sell 1000 of these, anyone know what the target is?

Don't forget rebrand will effect sales! So keep getting told?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Be interesting to see how much this puts on our attendances.

17 - well done. I've got 5 extra coming.

I've bought 14 (13 adults & 1 child) since last Tuesday for friends, work colleagues and family, of which 12 will be travelling up from Pembrokeshire! :D

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 am

pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:would be nice to sell 1000 of these, anyone know what the target is?

The fans who are most put off by the rebrand would already have STs..

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Would have thought there'll be a lot of fans buying season tickets now, to ensure they reserve a decent seat in anticpation of Premiership football next season!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 am

Is there anyway I could buy a student one in the family stand? Even though they say I need to bring a child?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

OhhhGa wrote:Just been on the phone to get a half-season ticket (16-21 in Zone 4F or D) near my mates, but I can't because I'm not bringing a child :(

Might have to go in the Canton then :ayatollah:

Get one of your mates who are already in there to phone up and add you to the group but in the nearest seat possible :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 am

BigGwynram wrote:Been on the phone for a long time trying to get my Blackburn ticket and also two more for Peterboro, my numbers now up to seventeen for Peterboro.

When I finally got through they apologised for delay but explained that they had put the half season season tickets on sale and they are flying out.

Vince Alm said to me weeks ago and it looks like he was spot on, after Xmas if we still up there on or near the top, the crowds will come for the run in and I'm sure he's right. On-wards and upwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fantastic news, lets hope we see a lot more going to the games :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Is there anyway I could buy a student one in the family stand? Even though they say I need to bring a child?

Start a family. Then you can get as many as you want.

Advise getting the females permission first. Don't just jump on one. She may not allow access later on.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Is there anyway I could buy a student one in the family stand? Even though they say I need to bring a child?

Advise getting the females permission first. Don't just jump on one. She may not allow access later on.

Would it be more time and cost effective to adopt? Preferably an orphan of Malaysian origin?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
glas wrote:

Would it be more time and cost effective to adopt? Preferably an orphan of Malaysian origin?

Yes, probably a better idea, as could mean less games missed while serving a prison sentence as well.

NB: Do not tell them you vote UKIP, as this is one of their no no criteria it seems. :lol:

The Malaysian angle is a good one. Try getting hold of one of those at the game yesterday, before they go home. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm

glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
glas wrote:

Yes, probably a better idea, as could mean less games missed while serving a prison sentence as well.

NB: Do not tell them you vote UKIP, as this is one of their no no criteria it seems. :lol:

The Malaysian angle is a good one. Try getting hold of one of those at the game yesterday, before they go home. :lol:

Take a net to the Peteborough game, hope they let me through :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
glas wrote:

Make sure it's a big one. Tell them it' :lol: s to catch some of Gestede's efforts on goal.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Thought that those most put off had them refunded, all forty of them.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Queue for half season tickets this morning. #jointhejourney guarantee your place. 0845 345 1400

that was tweeted by Julian Jenkins earlier today

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Wrong again, but lets not let facts get in the way of your bile eh?

Anyway, rebrand hit will be next season as many wont renew.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Wrong again, but lets not let facts get in the way of your bile eh?

Anyway, rebrand hit will be next season as many wont renew.

What bile, and how is it wrong, it was reported and stated by the club and CEO that they had refunded forty, is that bile?
Would it make you as a so called Cardiff fan happier if there was a lot more, would that help you achieve anything or prove a point :?:

I put up the original post as a positive because I am a supporter of the club and want us to succeed, seeing this sort of thing can only help surely.

And you honestly believe that a lot of people will not re-buy their season tickets next year, on what facts do you base this? and you write this as if it's a good thing in your eyes, seesm strange considering you insist your a Cardiff fan. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 pm

I was under the impression that the number was nearer 100..

On the fact that I know several people who have said they won't be renewing if the current rebrand is still in operation and forced upon the fans.

Of course, if we go up - they will be replaced by plastics and will not be noticed by Tan.

I am Cardiff, but vehemently against the rebrand.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Somebody said rebrand would affect sales and all I pointed out was that the majority of those who felt most hurt by rebrand would already have a ST - therefore wouldn't be purchasing a half ST..

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm

glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
glas wrote:

Make sure it's a big one. Tell them it' :lol: s to catch some of Gestede's efforts on goal.

:lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I was under the impression that the number was nearer 100..

On the fact that I know several people who have said they won't be renewing if the current rebrand is still in operation and forced upon the fans.

Of course, if we go up - they will be replaced by plastics and will not be noticed by Tan.

So, what Bile? and obviously from statements made officially you had the numbers wrong, and do you believe that if we get promotion some of your friends will be cancelling their season tickets if we still in red. I bet the club would welcome that especially if those holders were part of the five year price freeze plan. There will be plenty prepared to pay whatever the new price is set at and therefor make the club more money.

This term plastics, who sets the standards, I see these people as the type we need to attract and keep on board if we intend becoming a solid established club hopefully in the Premiership. I don't look down my nose ate the new thousand of season ticket holders that have come on board in recent times, in fact i welcome them with open arms.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Will half a season ticket guarantee a season ticket for the premiership?
And will half a season ticket holders have the same access as normal season ticket holders to fa cup games home and away?
Im an ambassidor season ticket holder, but would just like to know. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:I was under the impression that the number was nearer 100..

So, what Bile? and obviously from statements made officially you had the numbers wrong, and do you believe that if we get promotion some of your friends will be cancelling their season tickets if we still in red. I bet the club would welcome that especially if those holders were part of the five year price freeze plan. There will be plenty prepared to pay whatever the new price is set at and therefor make the club more money.

This term plastics, who sets the standards, I see these people as the type we need to attract and keep on board if we intend becoming a solid established club hopefully in the Premiership. I don't look down my nose ate the new thousand of season ticket holders that have come on board in recent times, in fact i welcome them with open arms.

I think you'll find the club are unhappy about losing any supporters, as Gethin Jenkins said...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Will half a season ticket guarantee a season ticket for the premiership?
And will half a season ticket holders have the same access as normal season ticket holders to fa cup games home and away?

I should imagine one of the advantages of having a season ticket half or not, is the guarantee of being able to replace it next year before it goes on general sale.
I should imagine that the club's ambassadors will still get some pecking order preference ahead of standard season ticket holders if such a circumstance arises where the numbers are restrictive.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 pm

CCFC should award a prize for the ambassador that vsells the most :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Will half a season ticket guarantee a season ticket for the premiership?

I should imagine one of the advantages of having a season ticket half or not, is the guarantee of being able to replace it next year before it goes on general sale.
I should imagine that the club's ambassadors will still get some pecking order preference ahead of standard season ticket holders if such a circumstance arises where the numbers are restrictive.

What's the difference between an ambassador and a season ticket holder?