Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pre-Match Atmosphere

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 am

Let's suppose the swapping of the ends petition doesn't work and we stay in the Canton. I think one of the main things to do with the atmosphere throughout the game is what goes on before the game.
How many of you on here actually go to your seat more than 5 minutes before kick-off? I'm at my seat usually half hour before kick off and the ground is virtually empty. If more of you get to your seats earlier maybe we could have a pre-match sing song.
Also Ali could do a little better, a more adrenaline pumping song choice would be nice. Or before the teams come out and he does the routine "support the boys", while we're top of the league he could do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_jixqum ... =endscreen (skip to just before 23 minutes)). Doing this right before MOH, Hey , I'll Be There etc would get people up for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Pre-Match Atmosphere

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:12 am

I think Ali does destroy the chance for the crowd to get involved with the tired old routine of Men of Harlech at ear splitting volume. Needs a re-think thats for sure, but can't think of a song at the moment that would get the crowd involved.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm

ganggan style or however you say it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: :walk: :walk: :walk: :walk: :walk: :walk:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 pm

I agree to be honest, most home fans sing before kick off on away days.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 pm

it would help if people knew the words to men of harlech. me personally, i cant think of a more inspirational song.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Pooler_BlueBird wrote:it would help if people knew the words to men of harlech. me personally, i cant think of a more inspirational song.

I know the words, as do a few others on here. Shame no fucker else is bothered to learn them!
I do think though that people getting to their seats 10 minutes earlier would help massively

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Club should start including the words in the matchday programmes

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 am

they are in the programme, we just dont have a chance to sing it because its played so f*cking loud :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 am

Always in my seat 20 minutes before kick off and the ground looks empty apart from away fans. Need more noise pre-match, I agree. But, at the same time, I can see why people would rather have a pint downstairs or a fag outside before they go in.

Men Of Harlech has to stay, a lot of fans know the words and its part of Cardiff City for me :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 am

what happened to the ayatollah.....this usually got people involved :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm

krabb wrote:what happened to the ayatollah.....this usually got people involved :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly, shame nobody wants to do it anymore :(
I think some people might feel embarrased now they've got older, but look at West Brom with their 'boing boing' thing, everyone joins in

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 pm

CantonJack wrote:
krabb wrote:what happened to the ayatollah.....this usually got people involved :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly, shame nobody wants to do it anymore :(
I think some people might feel embarrased now they've got older, but look at West Brom with their 'boing boing' thing, everyone joins in

We have been doing it away.. some strange reason it just doesnt happen at CCS :(

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I think the point about people getting to their seats later is really valid.

At Ninian in the winter getting to your seat was a blessed relief, now you have to leave the comfort of the relatively comfortable bar areas !!

It's not just CCS, all the newer stadia have a similar problem. Bolton was the same but crappy ground like Pompey(where the main home end is miles away from the aways) and Ashton Gate liven up well before kick off.

The Canton Stand is virtually empty until after the teams come out !

I'm not sure what the answer is unless FIFA/Leagues allow beers to be taken into the arena.