Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

8 POINTS CLEAR

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 pm

With a win on friday night we can go 8 points clear of third place with a fully fit squad going into the christmas schedule(maynard exception). What an achievment that would be given all the injuries we have currently had and the problems we have had on the road this season . In all honesty i dont believe we have seen the best of this squad yet and believe we have another gear to step up to.
We have unearthed a new young star in nugent , have a million pound striker banging on the door to even just get into the match day squad , the team is still finding there feet and trying to gel together and have options all over the squad to change as and when we want .
the players all seem hungry and desperate to play , conway is a perfect example he was excellent today and fully deserves his place against blackburn .
malkey has done a fantastic job getting them to this stage this early in the season i expected it to take longer . but he has now given himself a huge selection headache for the next game .
does he stick with conway after a mom display or bring noone back in ?
does he keep conway and swap kimbo with noone ?
if smith is fit does he play automatically like earlier in the season meaning two of those three drop ?
gunnarsson looked in great form when he came on today for a tired looking mutch ? not sure he was match fit to be honest
turner looked sluggish today and off form does he bring the fantastic looking nugent back in until turner regains his fitness ?
heidur has done really well this year but seems to be lagging a bit recently does he need a rest and replace him with a much improved and stronger gestede or mason ?
will mcnaughton come back into the team now fit ?

lol really good position for malkey to be in all credit to him and the players for getting to this position .
my team friday would be

-----------------marshall-------------

mcnaughton--hudson--nugent-- connolly

noone-----whitts---gunnarsson---conway

-----------gestede------bellamy-----------

only rudy because at some point heidur needs a rest , turner looked unfit imo , kev and connolly are better than taylor , and mutch didnt look match fit either , so many options now it could be anything

Re: 8 POINTS CLEAR

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Not sure what game you watched but Taylor was outstanding today.
Bellamy was useless and Gestede would not get in the Newport County team.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 pm

gestede looked good when he came on imo

winning up at blackburn is going to be tough. would take a draw but all three would be amaxing.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 am

Taylor's best game for us imo.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 am

paulh_85 wrote:gestede looked good when he came on imo

winning up at blackburn is going to be tough. would take a draw but all three would be amaxing.

would be happy with a point also considering we are already 1-0 down due to the standard awful decision by the ref given up north against cardiff cos were top and its not fair. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am

Next Henry IMO. Give it a year or two. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:Taylor's best game for us imo.

100% Agreed, I thought he was the MOM yesterday, had a superb game! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:06 am

math_robz878 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:Taylor's best game for us imo.

100% Agreed, I thought he was the MOM yesterday, had a superb game! :ayatollah:

Couldn't decide between him and Conway, as both were excellent.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 am

I doubt we will keep a full squad available through December.

For one, Hudson will want Dec 26th off work so will pick up his 5 yellow the game before.

Anyone else close to a suspension.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am

Wayne S wrote:I doubt we will keep a full squad available through December.

For one, Hudson will want Dec 26th off work so will pick up his 5 yellow the game before.

Anyone else close to a suspension.

you reckon hudson wont want to play against his former club? in what is currently 1st v 2nd and likely to be close to a sell out crowd? :shock:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Mynachdy wrote:Not sure what game you watched but Taylor was outstanding today.
Bellamy was useless and Gestede would not get in the Newport County team.

i never said he wasnt i said mcnaughton and connolly are better players and would be in my team before him. taylor has been poor this season until he now ,has he just realised he now has competition for his place so upped his game ??

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Marshall

Connally
Turner
Hudson
Taylor

Conway
Witts
Gunnarrson
Noone

Helguson
Bellamy

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Taylor made that immense heroic block where he put his body on the line. Clearly being tutored by Super Kev in training!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:38 pm

What is the thing with people wanting to drop Taylor?

One of the best full-backs in the league.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:What is the thing with people wanting to drop Taylor?

haha are we talking about the same guy ?????
he gets turned to easily , he struggles against anybody with a bit of pace , he reaches the half way line then stops when its begging for him to just overlap , if he does overlap his crossing is terrible ,his distribution is poor , his tackling is poor ,i could go on but its not worth it .
he is nowhere near the best full back in the league but yes he did have a good game yesterday more due to the fact he never had a winger to mark though which allowed him to go forward for once

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm

thomasblue wrote:

haha are we talking about the same guy ?????
he gets turned to easily , he struggles against anybody with a bit of pace , he reaches the half way line then stops when its begging for him to just overlap , if he does overlap his crossing is terrible ,his distribution is poor , his tackling is poor ,i could go on but its not worth it .
he is nowhere near the best full back in the league but yes he did have a good game yesterday more due to the fact he never had a winger to mark though which allowed him to go forward for once

Sorry, totally disagree.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 pm

really cant see that :lol:

but he is better than people make out.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

OK, maybe not one of the best full-backs (as in either right or left), but certainly one of the better left-backs in the league. Left-back is an incredibly difficult position to get right.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

OK, maybe not one of the best full-backs (as in either right or left), but certainly one of the better left-backs in the league. Left-back is an incredibly difficult position to get right.

what's harder about a left footed player playing on the left than a right footed player playing on the right?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:54 pm

inthebowls wrote:

would be happy with a point also considering we are already 1-0 down due to the standard awful decision by the ref given up north against cardiff cos were top and its not fair. :lol:

you talking bolton game sam, the one where we were cheated out of a pen on 90 mins

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

what's harder about a left footed player playing on the left than a right footed player playing on the right?

Most people are right-footed :lol: