Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gestede

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 pm

24 is still young. He's still learning and improving all the time. He is not the best player we have but he makes a nuisance of himself. If you was a an opposition player you would feel quite intimidated if a 6'4 half cast, french centre forward came on from the bench, He's like a smoke screen and free's up space for other players :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Not good enough to start but he is a great impact player and makes hell of a difference when he comes on.

I told him on Twitter how did he miss and no-one else was putting theirself in the box all game yesterday and everyone was to lazy to get in the box.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:24 is still young. He's still learning and improving all the time. He is not the best player we have but he makes a nuisance of himself. If you was a an opposition player you would feel quite intimidated if a 6'4 half cast, french centre forward came on from the bench, He's like a smoke screen and free's up space for other players :ayatollah:

Not in football terms, it's not.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:24 is still young. He's still learning and improving all the time. He is not the best player we have but he makes a nuisance of himself. If you was a an opposition player you would feel quite intimidated if a 6'4 half cast, french centre forward came on from the bench, He's like a smoke screen and free's up space for other players :ayatollah:

Not in football terms, it's not.

It isn't young in football terms at all, but like I said in an earlier post, Graham Roberts got picked up by Spurs at 27!

He got his first cap at 29 and ended up winning many England caps and cups!

I know that Roberts was a defender, but some people develop later and I've seen a vast improvement in Rudy's play, during his last 20 minutes or so cameos this season!

He has got at least 3 assists in our last few games as well, with 2 coming late on at Charlton and he laid one on for Gunnarsson at home a few weeks ago as well!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 pm

All I'm saying is I'd expect more from a striker playing for a promotion chasing team.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Can't believe he missed yesterday, did well to make run in front of his marker and would have loved for him to score, the crowd would have gone nuts.

I think most would agree he's not the answer,but there's definitely signs of improvement in his game and in most of the games he's come on he's had an impact. Showed some decent touches yesterday and we know Malky likes to use him from the bench so might as well get used to it.

0-0 when he came on yesterday, we win 1-0 so in my book he played a part in us winning. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:All I'm saying is I'd expect more from a striker playing for a promotion chasing team.

That sentence right there sums up my view. He's not good enough and I would like to see Velikonja on the bench instead but the fact is that Malky loves an aerial option up top. Gestede causes confusion in the air when he comes on because how can the opposition know what he's going to do when Rudy doesn't even know himself.

My mate and I have worked out that his timing to headers is awful and his first touch is terrible. Those issues alone would see him struggle to get into most teams in this division and we need a better target man to come on for Helguson if you ask me.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Should never in a million years be getting game time ahead of Veronica.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:26 pm

i wonder how many times all of you who are calling for veikonja to replace gestede have seen him play ....he is not actually looking that good in the development games ..which in effect are under 21s ...yes he as scored a few goals but his over all play is just not good enough ....he is quiet in training does not show as much as gestede .....lets get something straight ....people say gestedes first touch is poor not actually true this season....he wins more headers than he loses drags defenders all over the place creating space for others ....and finally how come you gestede haters havnt mentioned the 3 really good defensive headers he won when we were under pressure at the end of yesterdays game ......helguson has missed some great opportunities recently as have bellamy but they still contribute in other ways as does gestede :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: chuckle its time you laid off gestede your getting very stalking like and repedative in your critism :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: how about starting a positive post about someone/something :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i wonder how many times all of you who are calling for veikonja to replace gestede have seen him play ....he is not actually looking that good in the development games ..which in effect are under 21s ...yes he as scored a few goals but his over all play is just not good enough ....he is quiet in training does not show much as gestede .....lets get something straight ....people say gestedes first touch is poor not actually true this season....he wins more headers than he loses drags defenders all over the place creating space for others ....and finally how come you gestede haters havnt mentioned the 3 really good defensive headers he won when we were under pressure at the end of yesterdays game ......helguson has missed some great opportunities recently as have bellamy but they still contribute in other ways as does gestede :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: chuckle its time you laid off gestede your getting very stalking like and repedative in your critism :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: how about starting a positive post about someone/something :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Should have gone to Spec Savers

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

yes i agree you get 2 pairs there dont you ...i could give 1 pair to you and the other pair to chuckle :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i wonder how many times all of you who are calling for veikonja to replace gestede have seen him play ....he is not actually looking that good in the development games ..which in effect are under 21s ...yes he as scored a few goals but his over all play is just not good enough ....he is quiet in training does not show as much as gestede .....lets get something straight ....people say gestedes first touch is poor not actually true this season....he wins more headers than he loses drags defenders all over the place creating space for others ....and finally how come you gestede haters havnt mentioned the 3 really good defensive headers he won when we were under pressure at the end of yesterdays game ......helguson has missed some great opportunities recently as have bellamy but they still contribute in other ways as does gestede :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: chuckle its time you laid off gestede your getting very stalking like and repedative in your critism :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: how about starting a positive post about someone/something :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I just saw this post and it made my eyes hurt..

Yes, I've seen Velikonja in development games - 2 in fact. He's looked strong and he can't do anymore than he's doing at the moment.

No, I don't go to the training ground - sadly, I have a life. :lol:

Helguson wins more headers than him, despite being a lot shorter than him.
He has an extremely poor touch and can't hit a barn door with a shot (that IS what he's there for afterall, eh?

Since when was criticism suddenly the same as stalking? Quite ironic really seeing as you're the one who is following them down the training ground & not me.. :lol:

Even if Velikonja is worse than him (which I don't personally think) it still doesn't mean that Gestede is good enough for a promotion chasing team.

We must strengthen in Jan if we aren't going to utilise Velikonja...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:38 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i wonder how many times all of you who are calling for veikonja to replace gestede have seen him play ....he is not actually looking that good in the development games ..which in effect are under 21s ...yes he as scored a few goals but his over all play is just not good enough ....he is quiet in training does not show as much as gestede .....lets get something straight ....people say gestedes first touch is poor not actually true this season....he wins more headers than he loses drags defenders all over the place creating space for others ....and finally how come you gestede haters havnt mentioned the 3 really good defensive headers he won when we were under pressure at the end of yesterdays game ......helguson has missed some great opportunities recently as have bellamy but they still contribute in other ways as does gestede :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: chuckle its time you laid off gestede your getting very stalking like and repedative in your critism :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: how about starting a positive post about someone/something :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree with this completely.

Gestede pulls defenders and creates complete havoc.

I have also seen Veikonja in 2 Development games and he looks complete W@nk

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm

chuckle you tried belittle my update from the vale the other day ...but what i said was true and has come back to bite you on the bum ...let me remind you ...conway and mason were hiting shots from all angles and distances and scoring with most ....interesting that conway hit the winner from outside the box maybe malky saw what i saw as he gave conway a starting place....velinkonja was quiet and some what shy in training ....malky must have seen that aswell as he never even made the bench :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Gestede is not good enough the same for Joe Mason....

In my opinion both are 3~4 years of their peak for their type of position, but both not good enough for next step.

We need a top class striker.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Opinions?

He should have buried that header today, personally don't think he's good enough for this level of team.

Yes, however he did cause problems which opened things up for us. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:chuckle you tried belittle my update from the vale the other day ...but what i said was true and has come back to bite you on the bum ...let me remind you ...conway and mason were hiting shots from all angles and distances and scoring with most ....interesting that conway hit the winner from outside the box maybe malky saw what i saw as he gave conway a starting place....velinkonja was quiet and some what shy in training ....malky must have seen that aswell as he never even made the bench :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you think you're Malky? :lol:

I'd like you to find where I said about Conway. I actually wanted him to start on Sunday.

About Gestede, if I don't rate him, I'm allowed to have that opinion - many others here are saying the same, yet you don't go having a go at them? Why not?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 pm

fair play troooblooo your posts are almost impossible to read :lol:

seen etien play at 2 development games now, his movement looks good and he looks sharp, would love him to be given a chance

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 pm

not up to this standard of football. practically an open goal yesterday and he fuc... missed it. good at flickons. but i would expect better from a championship player?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 pm

ninianblue wrote:not up to this standard of football. practically an open goal yesterday and he fuc... missed it. good at flickons. but i would expect better from a championship player?

Don't say that, troobloo will call for you to be banned! :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 am

BLUEBIRD wrote:Think a season on loan to a div 1 side would do him good

this

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 am

If your not going to support a player in a Cardiff City shirt then just leave and dont watch.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:27 am

DandoCCFC wrote:If your not going to support a player in a Cardiff City shirt then just leave and dont watch.

So you've never been critical of a CCFC player? :lol:

Who says I don't support him ? I want him to do well and will support him during the game and then stand by my rights of opinion when I say he isn't good enough for us, because he isn't.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:If your not going to support a player in a Cardiff City shirt then just leave and dont watch.

Who says I don't support him ? I want him to do well and will support him during the game and then stand by my rights of opinion when I say he isn't good enough for us, because he isn't.

Sarcasm of course and theres only one player who is shocking and can't even cope in this division and thats Cowie. Blame him for our away form.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Sarcasm of course and theres only one player who is shocking and can't even cope in this division and thats Cowie. Blame him for our away form.

It doesn't help when he's played out of position either.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:38 am

He is played out of position completley. I want him to do well here but he runs and runs but he lacks so much creativity to play centre midfield, he would be good defensive midfield.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

well now lets look at chuckles philosophy ...miss 1 chance your not good enough ....helguson missed a sitter at derby as did bellamy are those 2 not good enough helguson had our best chance at nil nil didnt even get it on target ....strikers miss chances fact ...i notice you dont mention that there is others on this board who actually rate gestede its not just me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Natman Blue wrote:His all round game is brilliant. .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the words of John Mcenroe

"YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! MAN!!!"

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:25 pm

His strike record is appalling he clearly can't cut it. Loan him out drop a division.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Opinions?

He should have buried that header today, personally don't think he's good enough for this level of team.

I know a few players who would have missed it aswell mind..
Get off his back hes a city player

Earnie against England for example. :oops:

In all honesty, I think rudy has improved from what I've seen of him.