Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gestede

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Opinions?

He should have buried that header today, personally don't think he's good enough for this level of team.

Re: Gestede

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 pm

should definately have scored, but thought he had a great performance, looked sharp.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Opinions?

He should have buried that header today, personally don't think he's good enough for this level of team.

Not good enough, nice person, but a lower division player in my opinion.
Def should of buried that header, I have felt for a long time, he is not the right player for us up front.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Shite, dont understand how he makes the team. Velikonia should be on the bench, looking really bright in development games.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm

The French version of eddy, Not good enough for us needs a year in Div 1 to see if he improves.Has hardly played in the time he has been with us, At 23 he isnt going to get any better.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:The French version of eddy, Not good enough for us needs a year in Div 1 to see if he improves.Has hardly played in the time he has been with us, At 23 he isnt going to get any better.

I know that he was a defender, but Graham Roberts was 27 when he got picked up by Spurs and he ended up getting his first cap for England at 29 years of age!

Yes, Rudy should have buried that header, but it was his first touch and I've seen a big improvement in his limited game time this season!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 pm

He should of scored and we need better in jan.

However he gave us something different and did ok when he came on. His height was also useful defensively at the end.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 am

Not The Answer :!:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 am

I know a few players who would have missed it aswell mind..
Get off his back hes a city player

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am

I think he changed the game when he came on.

Although he didnt score and looks useless, he won most things in the air and pulled defenders everywhere

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 am

If MM has faith in him send him out on loan in January after we have recruited and let him play week in week out, then make a judgement on him

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 am

He is not good enough and hopefully replaced in Jan, but you got to say a couple games now he has come on and although not directly involved in the goals we have scored winners. Defenders seem to worry about him and leave space for others.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 am

Each to their own, but I like him, as someone said, he brings something different to the game when he comes on, and he seems to be getting more confident as he gets more game time.

Unlucky with the header as it was his first touch, all our strikers have missed sitters this season. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 am

jinks-rct wrote:

I'm hardly on his back - just saying he's not good enough for a promotion chasing team.

Just because he is a city player, doesn't mean I can't be critical of him.. :roll:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 am

Think a season on loan to a div 1 side would do him good

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 am

jinks-rct wrote:

Spot on jinks at the end of the day he is a city player, the game changed when he came on. How many top class strikers miss open goals in the prem every week :shock:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 am

Gestade comes on in the 70th minute. Conway scores in the 80th minute. In several other games gestade coming on has resulted in a goal. Hes doing his job

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am

:lol: so the only reason we scored was because Rudy was on the pitch... Okay then :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 am

Barry Chuckle wrote::lol: so the only reason we scored was because Rudy was on the pitch... Okay then :lol:

In fairness he does drag defenders around when he comes on after the old war horse Helgusson has given his all.

Thus creating space for other players. ;)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:45 am

nobber wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote::lol: so the only reason we scored was because Rudy was on the pitch... Okay then :lol:

In fairness he does drag defenders around when he comes on after the old war horse Helgusson has given his all.

I'm aware of why he said it, I just can't fathom why he thinks that the only reason we scored was because of him.

He should have put it was himself - that header was an awful miss to not even get it on target.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
nobber wrote:

I'm aware of why he said it, I just can't fathom why he thinks that the only reason we scored was because of him.

He should have put it was himself - that header was an awful miss to not even get it on target.

Yes I agree, but I think we would have all loved him to have scored it, would have given the lad so much confidence. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am

Of courses-.i don't begrudge the boys- just at the moment his talent is not good enough for a promotion chasing team.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 am

Kevin Ratcliffe said yesterday that as a defender dealing with a good player was an issue. Dealing with a player who did the unexpected was different but difficult. Getting the unexpected in the championship is a rare commodity. with ten men behind the ball the unexpected has value. Its not going to work all the time, thats why malky has a bench.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

Vera Lynn wrote:Kevin Ratcliffe said yesterday that as a defender dealing with a good player was an issue. Dealing with a player who did the unexpected was different but difficult. Getting the unexpected in the championship is a rare commodity. with ten men behind the ball the unexpected has value. Its not going to work all the time, thats why malky has a bench.

Velikonja would be even more unexpected... Just saying.

I'd rather a tall player who can finish and be "unexpected" than Rudy.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Vera Lynn wrote:Kevin Ratcliffe said yesterday that as a defender dealing with a good player was an issue. Dealing with a player who did the unexpected was different but difficult. Getting the unexpected in the championship is a rare commodity. with ten men behind the ball the unexpected has value. Its not going to work all the time, thats why malky has a bench.

Malky knows more than you though.
Yes have an opinion but malkys a manager of cardiff city he knows what the best options are ;)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

His all round game is brilliant. Only think to let him down is his goal scoring and if he can work on that he will be quality. Good player to have in the squad and definitely gives us something different when he comes off the bench.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 am

jinks-rct wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Malky knows more than you though.
Yes have an opinion but malkys a manager of cardiff city he knows what the best options are ;)

Where have I claimed that I know more than him?

So you are saying you've never one criticised any decision a manager has ever ace, not just Malky.

Rubbish.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 am

apart from missing that header thought he played well. He put their defense under pressure and he's still only young! A nice guy but a few eyebrows raised whether he will be good enough for the future if we get into the premiership?!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 am

I had a perfect view from my seat in the Canton stand and the basic did not do which any experienced header of the ball would have done was flick his head all Rudy did was aim the ball the directioon it came at him which was almost from the corner flag i had the impression he could not believe the opportunity and just put his head to the ball and hoped.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:apart from missing that header thought he played well. He put their defense under pressure and he's still only young! A nice guy but a few eyebrows raised whether he will be good enough for the future if we get into the premiership?!

Young? He's 24! :lol: hardly young for a footballer.