Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What was the hymn/song that was played?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm

When the welsh guards marched around the pitch after MOH

Re: What was the hymn/song that was played?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ0fok234Ss

Wasn't it played at the second leg of the play-off semi-final against Leicester (2009/10)?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Think so, Cheers for that :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 am

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:When the welsh guards marched around the pitch after MOH

it was the soldiers you know they did song for help the heros, think they were just called the soldiers :P

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 am

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:When the welsh guards marched around the pitch after MOH

The Liberation Hymn. It's been played a number of times over the years at the football. I wish us Cardiff fans would get to know the words and sing it at games. It would be awesome.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 am

I'm coming home, let truth be my guide, high on the wind, amidst the blue mountain. You promised you'd wait till the river ran dry. I lay down my gun, my battle is over, I'm coming home let truth be my guide.
Counting the days, counting the hours. Oh how I long to be by your side. Though ragged and torn my spirit is burning, I'm on my way, let truth be my guide.
When I come home, I'll reach for the mountain, I'll soar with the eagle , I'll hold you again. When I come home I'll always be with you, I'll never leave you forever amen.
Sing out for the brave, who died for our freedom, sing out for the heroes who lay down their lives. Their journey is done their trials are over, I'm coming home let truth be my guide.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm

brought a tear to many eyes - well done boys; loved the number of ayatollahs going down the tunnel :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: