Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Keep Cardiff Blue Air Banner

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 pm

I have set up a PayPal donation page to let people who are backing the air banner make donations.

I have been quoted £1400 but will also get quotes from other companies to ensure we get the best price possible.

We need to decide on when we want this banner to be flown over.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7V7W9VZHTENKA

YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO DONATE

Re: Keep Cardiff Blue Air Banner

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

sorry but what difference will it make? £1400 for a banner which says 'keep cardiff blue' is going to change VT's mind on the whole thing? respect you for trying but honestly don't see the point in this... making and selling 'keep cardiff blue tshirts' would be a much better idea for you in all honesty!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:sorry but what difference will it make? £1400 for a banner which says 'keep cardiff blue' is going to change VT's mind on the whole thing? respect you for trying but honestly don't see the point in this... making and selling 'keep cardiff blue tshirts' would be a much better idea for you in all honesty!

Agree - not against the protest in itself, but 1400 could be MUCH better spent on protesting.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:sorry but what difference will it make? £1400 for a banner which says 'keep cardiff blue' is going to change VT's mind on the whole thing? respect you for trying but honestly don't see the point in this... making and selling 'keep cardiff blue tshirts' would be a much better idea for you in all honesty!

Thanks for your feedback. This was an idea created on CCMB and has a few backers already and donations have started.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm

If also be careful handling that amount of money - if you're going to have that sort of money, you need it being organised properly. Cover your own back, get two people looking over the accounts - accusations can be very damaging!

Not saying you would do anything dodgy, but always best to cover your back.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 pm

What's an "air" banner?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

if you're getting donations just make banners which you can bring into the ground every game if you feel so strongly on the matter! £1400 for a banner which will be flown through the air for like 5 seconds, not worth it!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm

I have now closed the donation page down as I took on too much of a challenge. I am sorry if I have let anyone down. Anyone who donated will be fully refunded.