Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCS ATMOSPHERE. EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK !

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:90% of the time the atmosphere was dire in ninian, those that went regularly know this

And for 40 years the football was dire, correct? I was there.

Anytime we had a big crowd or a big game it was electric and thats a fact. I was there as well and every away fan says the same.

In the new stadium we have had nothing but success year after year and the atmosphere is complete shite.
10 home wins in a row :shock: :shock: imagine that at Ninian Park.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:90% of the time the atmosphere was dire in ninian, those that went regularly know this

And for 40 years the football was dire, correct?

Anytime we had a big crowd or a big game it was electric and thats a fact.I was there as well and every away fan says the same.
In the new stadium we have had nothing but success year after year and the atmosphere is complete shite.

Good point.

My ONE lasting and huge memory as a teenager was Leeds 2002.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Anytime we had a big crowd or a big game it was electric and thats a fact.I was there as well and every away fan says the same.

Good point.

Alex and what was it like that match? Has it ever been like that in the new stadium?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good point.

Alex and what was it like that match? Has it ever been like that in the new stadium?

Never. It was electric. I was in the Bob seating where Scott came and celebrated.

Closest we got to that for me was when the Jacks have been in town and Leicester a few seasons ago (when we went down to 9 men, Gabor Gyepes rugby tackle challenge :lol: )

We certainly lifted the team in the last 20 mins that night to hold on to win!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

great idea in theory but theres probably more to it than a simple swap over .

1. what if season ticket holders dont want to move from the family side as it is now ?
2 what if people in the canton dont want to move to the family stand and dont want screaming kids around them ?
3 who pays for the refurb of the understand areas to make it family friendly under the canton because its different both sides ?
4.who pays for the moving of the signage on the outside and inside of the areas which say family stand ?
5 who pays for the paperwork- ie stadium plans that show where the family stand currenly is and tickets ?
6 would the police allow it ?
7 do the club want to do it even if they could ?
8 the club would need extra steward and policing if they did which would prob mean price increases elsewear to cover costs .
9 is it even guaranteed to work ?

good luck hope it happens seriously doubt it though , i think a petition for safe standing would work better
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Isn't the Canton end bigger? Would rather them move the away end to the other corner segregation that is hardly ever used (to the left of the canton)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm

frosty_x wrote:Isn't the Canton end bigger? Would rather them move the away end to the other corner segregation that is hardly ever used (to the left of the canton)

think they'd rather have the family stand bigger considering the amount of criticism its come under for people not turning up and the use of an overspill area!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Annis u got f**k all to say bout the club anymore. u go watch bradford nd other teams. the club still has the same fans, so cant blame atmosophere in the new stadium. we have shown as fans we can do it. Doesnt matter wat part of ground in doeseny stop u singing. Nuthin to do with stadium. get behind ur.team

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 am

I really hope this can happen, especially if we reach the promise land next year. The premiership teams will be bringin much larger support to the CCS, most of them selling their ticket allocations easy. So for them to be sandwiched inbetween the ninian and canton (if the swap goes ahead) will lead to a excellent atmosphere. Something has to be done about the atmosphere, its dreadfull!! Its embarrasing hearing a couple of hundred away fans outsinging us!!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 am

I've signed the petition but I don't feel very optimistic about it happening, if the petition gets a large amount of hits the club may take some action, I feel that action will probably come in the form of a statement about how far the club as come from the naughty times in the 80's and mention the 'family club of the year' and yesterday's 'fair play award'
The days of fans intimidating and abusing each other, even just for banter are gone, football has changed. In another 5 years time fans will talk about the glory days of back in 2012 when you could call the opposition keeper a fat tw*t and the ref a wanker without getting banned for life!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 am

Naff Off, I'd have further to go and don't want to be around women and screaming kids, or I'd like rugby!! :old:

Leave us where we are!!!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:Just sign it and see what happens you bunch of pussys, this would make a massive diferance to the atmosphere FACT, if you experienced the grange end at ninian park you will understand the logic in this, lets have it malkys barmy army! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct, WELL SAID, if you dont try, you will never succeed and never say never. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Didn't realise you were a fan of Justin Bieber Annis. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good point.

My greatest memory was vs Spurs with the flare. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm

This petition and opinion is very parochial and insular to the Canton Stand. There is a whole section in the Grange End that may not want to move.

Even if it is, a yes to making the atmosphere better, a yes from ALL in the Canton Stand to move and a yes from the club. It will not happen.

Your stumbling blocks are the police and more importantly the current inccumbents of the Grange End.

You want to make the atmosphere better...... sing f*cking louder.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:55 pm

That's another point, I know people in the canton who don't want to move and people who are currently in the family stand have posted on here saying they don't want to move.

IMO if the club did ever consider swapping them then they should ballot the ST holders in the family and canton to see if they wanted to move?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm

the only way it's going to ever happen is if you sign it, as unlikely to happen as it may sound. Why are people saying that the people in the Canton don't want to be around screaming kids? Are you stupid? The family stand will be in the Canton and all the lads in the Canton and maybe some more will be in the grange, far away from the families and screaming kids.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Please dont go!!! Many of us in west upper 9 chose our seats so we could be near the real fans,and join in with the chants .Unfortunately we can't move our seats,so if you go we will be left with the family stand people only!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 pm

It's quite common for the most passionate/vociferous fans of a club to be at the opposite end to the away supporters, for example The Kop at Anfield, and the Matthew Harding Stand at Stamford Bridge. It's a red herring to say that fans have to be situated right next to the away support to generate a passionate atmosphere.

Don't look for excuses - get the singing/chants going, and more to the point KEPT going. There is nothing wrong with the CCS which is just bricks and mortar like all grounds - It's the attitude of the fans which create and sustain atmosphere.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Won't happen but still signed it.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Fully agree Deckard.

Where I sit in the Ninian towards the Canton, you can't hear the opposing fans, only the Canton. Sounds good when they get going. Much better for all the singers/standers to be in the Canton.

Very sad if the only way we can create an atmosphere is to surround (and no doubt constantly abuse) the opposing fans.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Some really negative boring people on here. And Mr chuckle trouble at the football nowadays is very rare indeed, so your comment is out of date :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:57 pm

2876 Still required :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Some really negative boring people on here. And Mr chuckle trouble at the football nowadays is very rare indeed, so your comment is out of date :ayatollah:

Why is it rare? Because of the things the club have done, one of them being the placing of the family stand next to away fans.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm not having a go at anyone, if you really want to try this then fair play to you. Unfortunately , even if you got 5,000 signatures there is 0% chance of this happening. There is no incentive for the club whatsoever, as far as the club are concerned, making the Grange End the "Family Stand" is the best thing the club did with the new stadium. We have of course won family club of the year, we get glowing reports from away fans of what a nice stadium it is to visit (along with Cardiff generally), and arrest rates are incredibly low, meaning we now regularly have police free games.

I understand to a point about the atmosphere, but really that's just an excuse. We are just a fairly average home crowd as far as atmosphere goes and if we are really honest with ourselves here, other than the odd occasion for derby and big cup matches, we always were. The atmosphere at Ninian Park was very often as flat as a pancake, it only seems worse now because of the sheer physical size of CCS compared to NP. Unfortunately we still only have the same few hundred singing but now it's in a much bigger ground with a crowd of 23,000.

I'm not sure what the answer is but there is one thing that I think would really make a difference, and that is if the Canton was allowed Safe Standing. I got my fingers crossed for that one.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 pm

I agree. Efforts would be better invested in chasing a Safe Standing area. That is one I'd definitely back.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 pm

I'd love the stands to change but it should be a vote and also safe standing is the way forward.

Its getting boring now idea after idea and it never happens, its down to us.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 pm

We need to go the way German football has

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:We need to go the way German football has

Good shout! I have to say I was sceptical about it at first but the ticket concessions for gay and lesbian fans has had a huge impact on attendances and atmosphere in Germany.
That's what happens when you think outside ze box. We should take a leaf out of their book.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 pm

harold pinta wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:We need to go the way German football has

Good shout! I have to say I was sceptical about it at first but the ticket concessions for gay and lesbian fans has had a huge impact on attendances and atmosphere in Germany.
That's what happens when you think outside ze box. We should take a leaf out of their book.

I'm really impressed at how well its all done. Theyve modernised it but have kept it enjoyable for the fans. Obviously some aspects we cant do like drink in the seats

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I would imagine the problem is more to do with policing the area outside the away section, which I expect is much easier as things stand, rather than how a change might improve things inside the ground.

I agree, the atmosphere would probably improve if the switch was made. Another compromise would be to have half of the Grange End (closest to the away fans) a singing section, and another half the family section, and likewise for the opposite side.

I think it is telling that without the hint/threat of violence in the area, the buzz/noise in the ground has diminished, and while anything to make the atmosphere more spiky/tense would no doubt improve the general buzz around the stadium, this is not the way the authorities/family contingent would like it. I'm sure they would prefer everyone to be silent throughout than any vague hint of danger, in spite of resultant buzz.

As for the petition, I'm afraid that's just not going to work. If you can't even get 200 within the first couple of days, no chance of getting 3000. I also do not believe that a hastily put together online petition really shows much dedication to the cause. Going out into the streets, knocking on doors, petitioning people at matches, and getting actual written signatures would show far more dedication, and would get a much better response if that was then presented to the club.

As a side issue, anyone who says that there was not regularly a good atmosphere at NP is either on a wind-up or purely attention seeking. The atmosphere was something that was hardly ever discussed, because it was pretty much a given that the atmosphere was good.