Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCS ATMOSPHERE. EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK !

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:46 pm

FOR ALL YOU FANS WHO BELIEVE THE ATMOSPHERE WITHIN THE GROUND OVER THE PAST FEW SEASONS HAS BEEN POOR. Follow the below link, put in the required details and let your friends/family/other groups know about this petition. If we can get 3000 likes then we can make a difference and get the club to listen to us.
Petition to switch the fans within the Canton Stand and the Grange stand at The Cardiff City Stadium

Whether you are a Cardiff City fan or a fan of another team that has come to The Cardiff City Stadium, you may have have realised the fact that the environment and passion within the stadium has been poor for the past few seasons. Myself and a few other fans that I have spoken to believe that this is due to the positioning of the fans within 2 stands. These are the fans within the Grange Stand (Family Stand) and the Canton Stand.
We believe that because the fans within the Canton Stand are located at the opposite end of the pitch to the away supporters, our strong banter link is almost missing. Everyone knows that the majority of our chants are started with the current fans within the Canton Stand but when those fans were located right next to the away fans at our old ground Ninian Park within the 'Grange End', the passion and the electric environment was for all to see.
The location of the away fans is perfectly fine but all we want is for the club to listen to us. If we can get 3,000 names on the signature list, we will have enough people to make a difference and the club will have to atleast listen to us. It's a well known rule within a business that the customer is always right meaning that if enough of us want something, we can surely make some sort of difference.
The club has said that they won't change the stands around because they want to keep a "family environment" but I firmly believe that because the away supporters are right next to the children and families, those families would be able to hear all the swearing and abuse of those away fans. So, if we switched the fans of the Canton Stand with the fans within the Grange Stand, we could finally have our electric environment back and have a safer position for those families and children.
Lets stand up together and make a positive difference to The Cardiff City Stadium. We can do it but only if we get 3,000+ names.

to sign this, you need this password:

youaremycardiff
-
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/swit ... rangestand

This is for the greater good of our special club Cardiff City FC, we can make a difference :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CCS ATMOSPHERE. EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK !

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 pm

I really hope this happens!, would make atmosphere ten times better!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 pm

I would love this to happen, this is the way forward and the club need to realise that. :ayatollah:

It would NEVER happen, isn't the Canton bigger than the Family Stand as well? Not sure people would be so happy

can everyone sign it and spread it around like me and a lot of other people are doing, it will make it quicker and make more people sign :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Will you stop being so negative? I think most Bluebirds agree with this

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:02 pm

No point, the club have already said this will never ever happen!

The fans are responsible for the atmosphere, we've had it rocking at times.... .it depends whether we can be arsed or not

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm

really really want it to happen, but probably wont cos of 'health, safety, policing' excuses by the club!... if VT and Nash allowed this to happen then it would go a long way in making fans happier after the rebrand (sorry for bringing it up)

have signed the petition, but do i believe the club will listen, nope! but you never know :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Wont happen. It would cost the club alot for increased Policing costs. If people want to be next to the away fans why dont they go into the Ninian stand

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Annis emailed the club and they spat in his face because he was on his own, a single person asking them. If we get thousands of people signing this petition, trust me, it will work. This is the official petition so everyone who loves our club please please sign it, it's for the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Waste of time. It will never happen. The club are saving money on police by having the family stand next to the away end.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Even if for some stupid reason you do not think this will happen, please sign this, it won't hurt, its only going to help. Cheers.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm

People should just sign it and not be so negative. They said it wouldn't happen before the Hillsbrough situation a few months back. So now with that out in the open they might change their minds with 3000 signatures.
Plus we're better behaved than we were years ago, and so are most other clubs, so the increase on policing costs wouldn't be too much :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:18 pm

joeccfc wrote:Will you stop being so negative? I think most Bluebirds agree with this

Sorry for being a realist, sorry for the club winning a Family Club award, I'm sure they'd love to lose that to go back to having home fans gesturing and swearing the away support from both the Ninian and the Family. Like f**k, everything has gone well for them, it will never happen. No matter how many signatures, it will NEVER happen

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Can't see it happening. Even with 3000 likes

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Unfortunately our fans aren't interested and we have too many glory hunters ruining the atmosphere now. The vocal section is the furthest place away from the away fans and the passionate die hards are seperated apart with the glory hunters amongst us. I'm looking forward to Barrow/Macclesfield away, a trip our glory hunters wouldn't dream of going to as Barrow/Macclesfield are small, lower league grounds and we will probably play a reserve team. But trips like these are my favourite trips of the whole season, visiting a small new ground with character, atmosphere and being amongst the passionate die hards.

But our home support now will not improve unfortunately, those days have gone and I have accepted it will only be away games that we can get a real atmosphere going, all the real fans enclosed together getting behind the team. I remember someone posting this link before and I could kill for our home support to be 1% as passionate as these fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkkMf6Sg9Tg

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Even if you think this won't happen, please just sign it. The only thing that can happen from you signing it is that it will happen! :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

It won't happen. The amount of stuff around the family stand - the whole setup there is all aimed at families. Can't see them moving all that.

Especially as it was created exactly like that for the specific reason to stop the aggro.

Ill be honest - the place was rocking after our goal today - we can get it like that all the time, it's just up to the fans.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:It won't happen. The amount of stuff around the family stand - the whole setup there is all aimed at families. Can't see them moving all that.

Especially as it was created exactly like that for the specific reason to stop the aggro.

Ill be honest - the place was rocking after our goal today - we can get it like that all the time, it's just up to the fans.

^ this... btw chuckle pretty sure you were trying to get knee jerks from every city fan on this board a few weeks ago? trying to piss off everyone :lol: change of heart? :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Our atmosphere WILl improve. And this WIlL happen if we get enough people just sign it. Please sign it even if you think we will never get the old atmosphere back. If you sign it, it will make such a big difference and who knows it could happen and we will have our famous electric passionate atmosphere back :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:It won't happen. The amount of stuff around the family stand - the whole setup there is all aimed at families. Can't see them moving all that.

^ this... btw chuckle pretty sure you were trying to get knee jerks from every city fan on this board a few weeks ago? trying to piss off everyone :lol: change of heart? :lol:

No, pretty sure I was just giving my opinions on certain topics.

I did try winding up Carl and for that I apologised.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Just sign it and see what happens you bunch of pussys, this would make a massive diferance to the atmosphere FACT, if you experienced the grange end at ninian park you will understand the logic in this, lets have it malkys barmy army! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:Just sign it and see what happens you bunch of pussys, this would make a massive diferance to the atmosphere FACT, if you experienced the grange end at ninian park you will understand the logic in this, lets have it malkys barmy army! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

& there was me thinking that you signed a petition only if you believed in something.

Calling people names and telling them they have to sign it? :lol: that won't work.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:Just sign it and see what happens you bunch of pussys, this would make a massive diferance to the atmosphere FACT, if you experienced the grange end at ninian park you will understand the logic in this, lets have it malkys barmy army! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct, WELL SAID, if you dont try, you will never succeed and never say never. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

90% of the time the atmosphere was dire in ninian, those that went regularly know this

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

No, pretty sure I was just giving my opinions on certain topics.

I did try winding up Carl and for that I apologised.

fair enough chuckle :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm

People jump to the conclusion we would cause trouble if this happened? I dont think it would.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:People jump to the conclusion we would cause trouble if this happened? I dont think it would.

It certainly wouldn't make us better behaved... :lol:

Come on, if the Canton were moved back to the Grange, it would up the atmosphere and would increase the possibility of trouble.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Dont think fans look to cause trouble at home games anymore. Way to friendly.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:57 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Dont think fans look to cause trouble at home games anymore. Way to friendly.

Because the opportunity to do so is greatly reduced, due to the move.