Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wimbledon goal celebration

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Great to see the Wimbledon fans celebrating their equaliser in style. Reminded me of a few City awayday celebrations over the years. My favourite was Halifax 93 (hence the name) in our promotion season. Last minute winner and not sure if the ball crossed the line but so many City fans on the pitch celebrating the ref had to give it!!

Anyone remember any other classic City on the pitch celebrations?

Re: Wimbledon goal celebration

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Great to see the Wimbledon fans celebrating their equaliser in style. Reminded me of a few City awayday celebrations over the years. My favourite was Halifax 93 (hence the name) in our promotion season. Last minute winner and not sure if the ball crossed the line but so many City fans on the pitch celebrating the ref had to give it!!

Watched it in the Ninian Pub, with glass pints now by the way.
I loved their celebrations, wished they had won though.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Great to see the Wimbledon fans celebrating their equaliser in style. Reminded me of a few City awayday celebrations over the years. My favourite was Halifax 93 (hence the name) in our promotion season. Last minute winner and not sure if the ball crossed the line but so many City fans on the pitch celebrating the ref had to give it!!

Got a link to the goal celebration? I listened to it on the radio on the way to the game and it sounded wild! :lol:

I remember back in the Eddie May days when we carried Eddie Newton off the pitch when we won the title, plus I helped carry Leo off the pitch after be banged the hat-trick away to York to take us up. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Sorry, don't have a link but they'll show it on the news tonight.

I would hope if we're away and scored to clinch promotion a few of us could still get excited enough to get on the pitch to celebrate!

Annis, not sure about new name and look for Ninian - fake Mexican is not my scene but is it any good?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Sorry, don't have a link but they'll show it on the news tonight.

I would hope if we're away and scored to clinch promotion a few of us could still get excited enough to get on the pitch to celebrate!

Annis, not sure about new name and look for Ninian - fake Mexican is not my scene but is it any good?

I had a word today about the new name with the owners and Ninian Park will be put back up on the side of the new Pub/restaurant. Its looking better inside every home game. Very busy in there today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:25 pm

You can see a bit of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng-6T4mppFA

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

That's good news Annis