Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well done Craig Conway!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Just thought I would give Craig Conway a special mention. He was outstanding in pre season, he changed the game away to Ipswich and because he had one bad game, he was dropped and I didn't blame him one bit for requesting a transfer. Today, I was pleased Malky started him and Conway grabbed his opportunity with both hands. I thought today was a horrendous game of football to watch in bitter cold conditions, and perhaps the conditions contributed to a woeful game of football, plus Sheffield Wednesday were negative and made it difficult for us to break them down of course. But Conway was the bright spark for me, he was the only player who was willing to get on the ball, be positive, run with the ball and try to beat players and create something. Hopefully Conway will be given a decent run now as he more than deserves his chance with the way he's played this season. :ayatollah:

Re: Well done Craig Conway!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Id give him a go against blackburn and give kim a rest

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Id give him a go against blackburn and give kim a rest

I agree, Kim was poor today, we are missing Tommy Smith badly.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Id give him a go against blackburn and give kim a rest

I agree, Kim was poor today, we are missing Tommy Smith badly.

Smith coming back will certainly be a huge boost.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Looked a little trimmer to me. I am sure Malky is so pleased with that response- great little leak from MM.

I think he plays a wide man in a 442 better than most in our squad, far more defensively minded than Kim. I would definitely start him on Friday- it will be very difficult for MM to drop the fans MOM.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm

The emotion on Conway's face after he scored was a great he really deserved to get the winner today, hope he gets a fair crack at playing but cant see him making team if all fit, great player to bring on and change game tho as in Ipswich :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:05 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Just thought I would give Craig Conway a special mention. He was outstanding in pre season, he changed the game away to Ipswich and because he had one bad game, he was dropped and I didn't blame him one bit for requesting a transfer. Today, I was pleased Malky started him and Conway grabbed his opportunity with both hands. I thought today was a horrendous game of football to watch in bitter cold conditions, and perhaps the conditions contributed to a woeful game of football, plus Sheffield Wednesday were negative and made it difficult for us to break them down of course. But Conway was the bright spark for me, he was the only player who was willing to get on the ball, be positive, run with the ball and try to beat players and create something. Hopefully Conway will be given a decent run now as he more than deserves his chance with the way he's played this season. :ayatollah:

Agree :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 am

If he does not start vs Blackburn I will wonder what goes on in Malky's head. :shock:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 am

Kim dropped

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 am

well he did start against forest after his Ipswich Appearance and was poor (most of the team were tho)
I think he will start against Blackburn

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 am

Damned Yank wrote:Kim dropped

agree with this. i would start with noone and conway on the wings.