Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW COULD YOU NOT SHED A TEAR

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm

I was so proud of the troops today had a lump in my throat, and when they showed the photos of the three lads who never made it back it brought a tear to my eye and I couldn't talk for a couple of minutes, they are young men, some no more than boys and they have to face all that and for what.

If my son wanted to join up, I'm sorry I'd lock him in his bedroom until it was over, how much grief their parents must go through, they are so brave and deserve all the praise and accolades that come their way. :ayatollah:

Re: HOW COULD YOU NOT SHED A TEAR

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:30 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I was so proud of the troops today had a lump in my throat, and when they showed the photos of the three lads who never made it back it brought a tear to my eye and I couldn't talk for a couple of minutes, they are young men, some no more than boys and they have to face all that and for what.

If my son wanted to join up, I'm sorry I'd lock him in his bedroom until it was over, how much grief their parents must go through, they are so brave and deserve all the praise and accolades that come their way. :ayatollah:

my step kid from my marriage was on about it.i still see him.leaves next yr from school.sport mad,england handball keeper.wanted to join as firstly as he is a proud brit.secondly because he loves sport and after 2yr can do sports in the army and take sports related badges.the idea was so he didn,t have to get studant loans :roll: i had to tell him that we will be fighting everyday for yrs now unless a radical govt change plans .for what?oil.luckily his mams mates hubby is willing to take him plumbing if he goes to collage for it.thank the lord he said yes to the plumbing.don,t mind admitting i was worried.there is a difference fighting for your country because you love it to fighting for a faceless politition because he loves the money and oil from the countries we have invade.love the soldiers.hate the govts.i understand where you,re coming from totally

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Respect for our troops :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm

100 percent agree. Had a lump in throat too.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I was so proud of the troops today had a lump in my throat, and when they showed the photos of the three lads who never made it back it brought a tear to my eye and I couldn't talk for a couple of minutes, they are young men, some no more than boys and they have to face all that and for what.

Always proud, full respect. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm

If my son wanted to join up, I'm sorry I'd lock him in his bedroom until it was over, how much grief their parents must go through, they are so brave and deserve all the praise and accolades that come their way. :ayatollah:[/quote]
my step kid from my marriage was on about it.i still see him.leaves next yr from school.sport mad,england handball keeper.wanted to join as firstly as he is a proud brit.secondly because he loves sport and after 2yr can do sports in the army and take sports related badges.the idea was so he didn,t have to get studant loans :roll: i had to tell him that we will be fighting everyday for yrs now unless a radical govt change plans .for what?oil.luckily his mams mates hubby is willing to take him plumbing if he goes to collage for it.thank the lord he said yes to the plumbing.don,t mind admitting i was worried.there is a difference fighting for your country because you love it to fighting for a faceless politition because he loves the money and oil from the countries we have invade.love the soldiers.hate the govts.i understand where you,re coming from totally[/quote]

My eldest is doing his PRMC with the Marines in Jan. Don't know how I'll feel if he gets through that, then through basic training and in. But he's a grown man and you can't lock a 24, almost 25 year old away. My nephew is in the Marines, actually dropped out of Uni to join many years ago. Absolutely loves it although he's in Afgahnistan right now. Unless you've been in there you won't get the mindset. They all know perfectly well what they signed up for and none of the many serving lads I've met don't give a tinkers f**k about politics or the causes of any conflict they get involved in. Still, that's no consolation for the lads and their families who never come back or come back in a bad way. And for the record I think it's a totally pointless war for which we'll achieve nothing and should be getting the hell out of it.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

agreed :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Very sad, 3 of their comrades lost fighting for our country. Without getting political and without sounding disrespectful to the troops I don't think this and recent governments deserve fighting for.
RIP TO THE THREE SOLDIERS

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm

I came out to them marching around and heard Ali's words about it, extremely sad.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry but I didn't want to leave it as RIP 3 anonymous soldiers, they are
Guardsman Craig Roderick
Guardsman Apete Tuisovurva
Lance Corporal Lee Davies
Gone but I'm sure not forgotten.
Complete and total respect from 22000 today.
Blair you absolute b*stard.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Massive respect to the club for inviting them today!!!

Gave all my loose change in the bucket donation!!!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Its very sad that our government are allowing our boys to loose their lives so the USA can get their hands on necessities that don't belong to them! :old:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Its very sad that our government are allowing our boys to loose their lives so the USA can get their hands on necessities that don't belong to them! :old:

21st Century 'nam.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

My eyes filled up and was trying to hide it for a while after, only 19 but for some reason i am very patriotic Both my grandparents served in Royal Welsh and Welsh Guards respectively.

It seems it rubbed of on me as i have always had a huge urge to join don't think my family would like me to drop out of Uni tho, but i do feel i am more suited to the army lifestyle rather meet my end fighting to protect my mates than living as an old man who wasted his life.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:46 pm

i tried to hide wiping away a tear today as well but when i turn to my mate he was doing the same GOD bless all you guys total respect for them also thanks to the wednesday fan who all stood and applauded

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

sorry guys that should be wednesday FANS