Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spirited performances from Dave Jones men

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm

What a great site to see the saviour back where he belongs on the Cardiff City touchline I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, it's been too long.

If only Malky could get the boys to play like that away from home.

:old:

Re: Spirited performances from Dave Jones men

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:06 pm

What you mean losing 6 games in a row?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:What you mean losing 6 games in a row?

Different budgets, different circumstances and a vast gap in the quality of our squads. Surely you can appreciate everything he has done for our club.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:16 pm

He wasn't on the touch line, hiding in the dugout next to the subs all game.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:He wasn't on the touch line, hiding in the dugout next to the subs all game.

He was going further and further back. :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:What you mean losing 6 games in a row?

Different budgets, different circumstances and a vast gap in the quality of our squads. Surely you can appreciate everything he has done for our club.

I do and he still is one of the most successful managers to date for us. For me to see Malky as a better manager he has to get us to the Premier League. But saying what a great perforance when you have your team parking the bus the majority of the game is a bit far fetched. And you cannot say Jones was never given money when he had had one of the largest wage budgets.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Did he get a good reception?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Karl wrote:Did he get a good reception?

Didn't get any reception at all from what I could see and hear. Other than after we scored, the inevitable " sacked in the morning" That sounded quite half hearted though.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:What a great site to see the saviour back where he belongs on the Cardiff City touchline I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, it's been too long.

Back to where he belongs leaning against the dugout whilst his assistants showed passion.
Dave jones is a fat boring grumpy bottler

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:What a great site to see the saviour back where he belongs on the Cardiff City touchline I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, it's been too long.

Back to where he belongs leaning against the dugout whilst his assistants showed passion.

Fat? Doesn't affect his managerial abilities so couldn't give a f**k.

Boring? I see, because Malky thumps his chest and does the ayatollah on tap that makes DJ look boring in your fickle eyes.

Grumpy? I'l give you that one but I forgot Malky is so happy and smiley.

Bottler? Getting to the play off and cup finals while under a transfer embargo and tight finances.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 am

:lol:

At what age do you get to be a grumpy b*stard?
Because obviously both you and Dave moans have reached it.

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Does it happen overnight.
Is it hereditary?
Do you have to work on it, or does it just come naturally.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 am

jinks-rct wrote:

Fat? Doesn't affect his managerial abilities so couldn't give a f**k.

Boring? I see, because Malky thumps his chest and does the ayatollah on tap that makes DJ look boring in your fickle eyes.

Grumpy? I'l give you that one but I forgot Malky is so happy and smiley.

Bottler? Getting to the play off and cup finals while under a transfer embargo and tight finances.

I agree with you, Jones worked miracles with extremely poor finances and restrictions.

His first season was absolutely incredible - given what we had lost .

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 am

glas wrote::lol:

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Is it hereditary?

hes not really an old person you know.... :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am

jinks-rct wrote:

Fat? Doesn't affect his managerial abilities so couldn't give a f**k. Yes it does he cant move and leans on things

Boring? I see, because Malky thumps his chest and does the ayatollah on tap that makes DJ look boring in your fickle eyes. Jones is boring when he talks he depresses people

Grumpy? I'l give you that one but I forgot Malky is so happy and smiley. Malky is happy and smiles dave jones frowns at everything he thinks the world owes him

Bottler? Getting to the play off and cup finals while under a transfer embargo and tight finances. The squad he had was superior to the ones who we bottled against.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 pm

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Is it hereditary?

Grumpy? You'd be f*cking grumpy at my age. It happens when you get married, take my advice and stay single.

And Paul, its common knowledge your Roathy so lets not throw around insults of that nature. :old:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:15 pm

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Is it hereditary?

Grumpy? You'd be f*cking grumpy at my age. It happens when you get married, take my advice and stay single.

And Paul, its common knowledge your Roathy so lets not throw around insults of that nature. :old:

not at all "old man" your attempt to deflect attention from yourself has already been shot down by a mod im friends on facebook with :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Is it hereditary?

not at all "old man" your attempt to deflect attention from yourself has already been shot down by a mod im friends on facebook with :lol:

Oh right, that definitely disproves my theory then. I am 100 per cent certain you are Roathy.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Is it hereditary?

Oh right, that definitely disproves my theory then. I am 100 per cent certain you are Roathy.

then you are 100% a f*cking idiot :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

What I need to know?

Is it compulsory.
Is it hereditary?

then you are 100% a f*cking idiot :lol:

I know that. :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 pm

No good having spirited performances when we've lost the last 6 and have only won 2 in 18.

If we don't beat Bristol City on Saturday, he has to go IMO

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Hands in pockets as usual :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 am

Pete_Owlsfan wrote:No good having spirited performances when we've lost the last 6 and have only won 2 in 18.

Give him time, trust me on this he will come good in the end. Dave Jones will manage in the Premiership again before Malky does. He's building something special at Wednesday, you will stay up.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 am

Pete_Owlsfan wrote:No good having spirited performances when we've lost the last 6 and have only won 2 in 18.

Give him time, trust me on this he will come good in the end. Dave Jones will manage in the Premiership again before Malky does. He's building something special at Wednesday, you will stay up.

what a load of old rubbish :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 am

He may be slightly grumpy etc ;) but end of the day 1948 is correct , jones took us from nothing with no cash to a stable platform with some decent players couldnt get over the final hurdle but he done too much for the club to slag off with what he had. An if you think otherwise your fkin deluded an bitter its simple as. You may not like the man but cant deny what he has done for us... Sheff wed stick with him they will stay up. FACT, an be challenging for playoffs / promotion next season without a doubt. Like he says you dont loose your managerial skills overnight end of. kiss kiss

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

bluebirdflame wrote:He may be slightly grumpy etc ;) but end of the day 1948 is correct , jones took us from nothing with no cash to a stable platform with some decent players couldnt get over the final hurdle but he done too much for the club to slag off with what he had. An if you think otherwise your fkin deluded an bitter its simple as. You may not like the man but cant deny what he has done for us... Sheff wed stick with him they will stay up. FACT, an be challenging for playoffs / promotion next season without a doubt. Like he says you dont loose your managerial skills overnight end of. kiss kiss

What a drama queen ^.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:08 pm

bluebirdflame wrote:He may be slightly grumpy etc ;) but end of the day 1948 is correct , jones took us from nothing with no cash to a stable platform with some decent players couldnt get over the final hurdle but he done too much for the club to slag off with what he had. An if you think otherwise your fkin deluded an bitter its simple as. You may not like the man but cant deny what he has done for us... Sheff wed stick with him they will stay up. FACT, an be challenging for playoffs / promotion next season without a doubt. Like he says you dont loose your managerial skills overnight end of. kiss kiss

A warm welcome to Dave Jones on the Cardiff City Forum :old:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm

I agree with 1948 to some extent. DJ did a fantastic job for us and I for one am grateful for his years here but I think we were right getting rid when we did. It was time for a new direction and ethos and Malky has certainly delivered on that front. As for him getting to the PL before Malky, no chance. I rate DJ as a manager and think he should be given until the end of the season with Wednesday - I never see the point in changing manager mid-way through a season, especially when in DJ Wednesday have one of the most experienced managers at this level. He does get a lot of stick, and in fairness the guy doesn't help himself with his attitude in the press. His constant excuses and unwillingness to take blame will be his downfall at Wednesday rather than his managerial ability.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Agreed it was the right time to let him go, just stating facts, he did what he had to with us, moved us to the next lvl. just funny listening to all the fickle cu**s on ere slaggin him off so badly ;) that is all, it was the correct time for him to leave, but shouldnt forget where he took us from where we was..... happy malky is in, things look rosey, maybe a little bit too rosey considering the debt we are in an still splashin the cash, but we will see in the long run how it all turns out ;)

Bluebirdzzz :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Didnt like the bloke, and then he goes and calls Ninian Park, 'Dogshit park'.

Buck-passing, whinging bellend.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm

CraigMc wrote:Didnt like the bloke, and then he goes and calls Ninian Park, 'Dogshit park'.

Buck-passing, whinging bellend.

He was referring to the training area as Dogshit part.