Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" KIMBO - JURYS OUT AT PRESENT "

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I think imbo does offer some moments of sheer skill but today I felt that he kept cutting inside too much.

He appears not to have a right foot..............so why play him on the right?,,,,,,,,surely would make sense to play either on the left or m ore central. We kept losing the width in the attack when he went forward - any thought?

Oh by the way - WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Re: KIMBO - JURYS OUT AT PRESENT

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm

He had a bad day today, he has done well in other games, I've got faith in him

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Gavlar wrote:He had a bad day today, he has done well in other games, I've got faith in him

I do think he is a good player, but not in a right sided position as this limits his impact

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm

I thought he started well before fading. He is good on the ball but he is more about pass and move than taking players on.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm

PEOPLE REALISE YEEES!! All he does is pass backwards

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 pm

He is a bit too negative at the moment,some nice touches but passes back toomuch and wont shoot :o

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm

He was garbage today.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Being played out of position,attacking central midfield for me- Not sure if he fits our current system

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Not enough confidence yet playing the safe pass when he gets used to championship football watch him fly :thumbup:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:24 pm

I think he should be played behind the strikers allowing him to pick out passes for HH/CB39. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Am I the only person who thought he done well today? I thought he created loads of space and got in some good positions.. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:Am I the only person who thought he done well today? I thought he created loads of space and got in some good positions.. :ayatollah:

He didn't play poorly- Just standards are improving.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Kimbo's okay for feck sake. ;)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:Am I the only person who thought he done well today? I thought he created loads of space and got in some good positions.. :ayatollah:

He didnt play anywhere near as bad as people are suggesting IMO.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:47 pm

My personal opinion Kimbo is nothing special and would not last 2mins in the Premier League, I am still undecided on him for this division.

Re: " KIMBO - JURYS OUT AT PRESENT "

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Kimbo wasn't taken off because he was playing badly, it was a tactical change, they were a big ugly bunch of feckers and we needed someone to get up front amongst them, aka Mason and Rudy.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Thought Kim was average at best today...

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm

He tends to dwell on the ball too much. He certainly wasn't positive today.
Jurys out for me as well

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Decent on ball, works hard, so frustrating that he seems reluctant to take somebody on and he seems scared to shoot?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My personal opinion Kimbo is nothing special and would not last 2mins in the Premier League, I am still undecided on him for this division.

I think your being a bit harsh Annis, this is his first season at a club where he has had to adapt to a new culture, language and different style of football.I think he will come good and be a great asset for Cardiff in the future.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 pm

The jury definitely is out at the moment but the guy has got a great touch & can look very silky on the ball at times. Yes he should be more positive going forward but lets not make him a scapegoat.
With Noone back I think he needs to be brought out of the team for a couple of games. Let's be patient. To be honest he could turn out brilliant or he could bomb!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Sorry if Kimbo was poor today then Bellamy was useless IMO :old:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:I think imbo does offer some moments of sheer skill but today I felt that he kept cutting inside too much.

He appears not to have a right foot..............so why play him on the right?,,,,,,,,surely would make sense to play either on the left or m ore central. We kept losing the width in the attack when he went forward - any thought?

Oh by the way - WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

He has loads of potential and certainly not the worse on the pitch ( bellamy )
He's new to british football he will take time to adjust

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 pm

It's took him a while to acclimatise and for Malky to give the boy his chance and what I've seen so far he's got bundles of potential. He'll improve with game time and to me has already showed signs of some quality touches, deft passing and also works back when we have to defend. It's easy to criticise if you thought he would have been an instant success and in my opinion he'll lose his place soon to the fit again Tommy Smith

We've been known over the years to burnout in the last few months due to limited resources. It's good to know we've got strength in depth this time and even people like Velinjonka will get their chance in the latter stages of the season, and that's along with the new acquisitions in January. No stone left unturned this time

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 pm

few harsh comments here,looks comfortable on the ball and he even got back and got a good challenge in,he also took a heavy tackle.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I thought Kimbo and taylor were our two best players in the first 45 minutes! That's what i like about football many people have different opinions. The one thing missing out of Kimbos game in my opinion is composure in front goal. He works hard, puts a foot in, will take a player on, can pick a pass, but he is still fairly young and inexperienced in british football. Of what I have seen so far this season he will develop into one of our best players if he continues with the progress he has made since his sub appearance at Millwall, where he played like a headless chicken, and couldn't even take a good touch let alone pick a pass. patience people patience same with Jordan much patience. :old: :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I think he will come good, can't back that up in any way just a feeling i have. He was ok today trying hard but obviosuly not a winger needs to play in the middle but tough competion in there. He has started the last 5 games which has coincided with our 5 game unbeaten run winning 4 can't critise that!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Like i said in another post....

Kimbo gets a free season this season. Hes got to learn to play in a completely different style of league, pick up what is considered a very hard language to learn and get used to a new culture.

Think we all need to just not even consider passing judgement. Would hate to hound him out of the club, only to watch him stay in the UK and prosper once given a chance to settle at another club.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm

dont think he was worse than anybody else, start a post on how shit bellamy was, and hes on 3 times kimbos wages i bet. all round poor team performance. but we got 3 points :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:17 pm

ninianblue wrote:dont think he was worse than anybody else, start a post on how shit bellamy was, and hes on 3 times kimbos wages i bet. all round poor team performance. but we got 3 points :ayatollah:

You can't do that... apparently Bellamys the best thing since sliced bread on here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes, Kimbo didn't have his best game today, but I didn't think anybody did, I find kimbo is one of our most consistent players :ayatollah: