Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: How did we play?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:25 pm

You know we are not the Red Dragons so the fact you have even mentioned that just proves you are on a wind up trying to slyly stick the foot in.

A quick Wikipedia search shows we are still the Bluebirds so it is either purposely done or just ignorance on your behalf.

As for your team, you did what I expected. You parked the bus and played for the draw, something we saw too many times from DJ in his time here which meant we drew or lost many games we should have won. That is entirely why I disliked DJ. He can say how much he tells his teams to go out to win but the actions on the pitch tell another story. He should have went for the win today but didn't.

If you keep him this season I honestly believe you'll have a chance of going down unless he gets to spend in January. Myself, I'd sack him now and get in a manager who can assess the team over December and then add his own players in January.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Apparently you were pretty resolute at the back in the face of waves of city attacks.

Better than usual, would be a fair summary. No Bothroyd up front either, he may have helped.

:ayatollah:

Bothroyd dont rate him at all just average champ player :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 pm

llanellijack wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:Apparently you were pretty resolute at the back in the face of waves of city attacks.

Better than usual, would be a fair summary. No Bothroyd up front either, he may have helped.

Even though you are a Jack I agree. He had one good spell here and for the rest of the time was majorly inconsistent. So overhyped its unreal.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

SWFC_FAN wrote:Orite lads, i didn't go today, was just wondering how Wednesday played?

Apparently we defended well and were very unlucky to lose. Vey disappointing but hopefully will give us encouragement for Bristol next week which is a must win game.

Didn't really expect anything other than a defeat today, with the quality you've got i'm very suprised it wasn't 4 or 5 nil.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

P.S. Darren Purse was incredibly bias towards us in his commentary on BBC Radio Sheffield, did he leave Cardiff with a sour taste in his mouth?

My Blog including your team the Red Dragons.
http://theowlblogger.wordpress.com/2012 ... -its-back/

Honestly? Awful.

Who are the red dragons? :?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

llanellijack wrote:

He may only be average, but he certainly would have improved the SWFC team.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Very depressing reading these comments. Never would I have imagined the situation would turn into this, Jones had us playing some great football last season and at the start of the season now it all seems to have disappeared. Relegation battle definitely on the cards and I think we lack the quality to stay in the division.

Also, who added my blog into the opening post? Not on the wind up, Someone has edited my post. I did that back in July and sorry thought you'd changed your name to the red dragons, sorry if it caused any offence.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 pm

On the pitch Wednesday were one of the worst teams I have seem at the CCS ever. Just defended the whole game and stopped us playing. But credit to the 1,000+ fans who travelled 200miles to see their struggling side and made noise the whole game. Best away support this season.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm

In fairness bbc and sky all called us the dragons. So i cab understand why you thought this. Well they did wheb the kit first changed. Also new manager with fresh ideas in january and you may stay up. Good luck with the rest of your season.