Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How did we play?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Orite lads, i didn't go today, was just wondering how Wednesday played?

Apparently we defended well and were very unlucky to lose. Vey disappointing but hopefully will give us encouragement for Bristol next week which is a must win game.

Didn't really expect anything other than a defeat today, with the quality you've got i'm very suprised it wasn't 4 or 5 nil.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

P.S. Darren Purse was incredibly bias towards us in his commentary on BBC Radio Sheffield, did he leave Cardiff with a sour taste in his mouth?

My Blog including your team the Red Dragons.
http://theowlblogger.wordpress.com/2012 ... -its-back/

Re: How did we play?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Apparently you were pretty resolute at the back in the face of waves of city attacks.

Better than usual, would be a fair summary. No Bothroyd up front either, he may have helped.

:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:22 pm

SWFC_FAN wrote:Orite lads, i didn't go today, was just wondering how Wednesday played?

Apparently we defended well and were very unlucky to lose. Vey disappointing but hopefully will give us encouragement for Bristol next week which is a must win game.

Didn't really expect anything other than a defeat today, with the quality you've got i'm very suprised it wasn't 4 or 5 nil.

P.S. Darren Purse was incredibly bias towards us in his commentary on BBC Radio Sheffield, did he leave Cardiff with a sour taste in his mouth?

Unlucky to lose is stretching it a bit. Corner after corner after corner. It was all Cardiff.

But does seem you defended well.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Wouldn't say you were unlucky to lose, more you were lucky to only lose 1-0 :lol: But very strong defensively with not much going forward :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 pm

To be honest your parked the proverbial bus in front of your goal and looked like youi were happy to contain us and pinch a draw we kept chipping away and were ultimately rewarded i think you will get yourself deeper in the relegation mire with tactical play like that as we were below par today and on another day woulld have dispatched your team less effort i believe teams teams will relish playing you if you continue using these tactics in future on a positive note you had good away support and were very vocal .

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Two banks of four, very organised without the ball, difficult to break down. Typical away from home difficult to beat team. A draw for you wouldn't have been underserved I suppose. Didn't look like a side struggling for form and league position.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 pm

bluecityblue wrote:Two banks of four, very organised without the ball, difficult to break down. Typical away from home difficult to beat team. A draw for you wouldn't have been underserved I suppose. Didn't look like a side struggling for form and league position.

Doesn't sound like us :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Solid-ish at the back but i think that was mainly down to height and numbers in defensing. woeful attacking, your passing was truly awful.
We're you missing many players? If not I can certainly see you going down sadly.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

One thing I will say, that player Antonio, your number 7, he has total garbage, one of the worst performances ive seen from a player at the CCS.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:04 pm

SWFC_FAN wrote:Orite lads, i didn't go today, was just wondering how Wednesday played?

I had the Sheffield radio comentry on CCPlayer as the Cardiff version drops evey few minutes. Thought Purse was very fair to be honest, bigged up Wednesday but said it has he saw it. He saw a lot of positives for the owls, didn't slag off Jones too much and overall appeared to be very fair. Slagged off both Cardiff and Sheff central defenders though :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm

You rode your luck and it nearly worked but in my view offered not too much going forward.On that basis I think you'll struggle and if you stay up that will be a massive achievement.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Thank god there's two halves. I had a crick in my neck looking one way for 45 mins. The second half cured me. :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm

You were will organised, but sadly one of the poorest teams I have seen this season. As soon as we scored, we all knew it was over - we all remember Jones all to well. I seem to remember we had one of the poorest come from behind stats in the entire league under Jones.

Good luck, your support gave it ago and nice to hear old schools song rather than the generic bollocks we hear every week.

PS- We never sing any more....

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

The club has been rebranded by new Malaysian owners, no longer the Bluebirds, Cardiff are now known as the Red Dragons and play in red instead of blue.
From your Blog.

:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :evil:

Your team by the way defended for 80 minutes.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm

You did quite well defensively But you didn't deserve a draw and you definitely to win!

On the positive side i thought your left back (dont know his name) was cracking, he was causing Conway all sorts of problems! All the best for the rest of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 pm

defended for most of the game, we were the better team. and fully deserved our win. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 pm

bluecityblue wrote:Two banks of four, very organised without the ball, difficult to break down. Typical away from home difficult to beat team. A draw for you wouldn't have been underserved I suppose. Didn't look like a side struggling for form and league position.

"Didn't look a side struggling for form and league position"??!!
Wednesday were the worst team I've seen at home this season by far. Big rugby type players in defence, couldn't pass, couldn't attack & didn't really cause us any problems from their corners considering the size of their team.
Yes they were difficult to break down but teams that use tactics like that usually are.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Wednesday were one dimensional, typical Dave Jones, and lacked any sort of confidence that they would come away with anything. Did defend well mind, but we lacked a little spark in the final 3rd today as well. You lacked a spark everywhere.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Doesn't give me any pleasure to say this but they were without doubt the worst team ive seen all season. We were nowhere near our best though. Pleased for Conway but can't help but feel noone would have had a field day. Hard work but a well deserved win. Sheff Wed look doomed

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm

We had noone and smith out today who would have caused you problems.
We also had craig bellamy who spent most of the game moaning and in general doing feck all

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm

The only credit I can give to Wednesday were your fans. Fair do's to them. On the pitch, you were awful.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 pm

You are a very tall team which helped as we score most of our goals from set pieces and corners, we had eight corners first half and you defended them all well, and you mist have blocked fifteen shots.

Apart from that you offered very little and were very negative and deserved to lose by at least two goals, I think you will be relegated unless Jones can change things quickly...

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm

One of the worst teams I have ever seen at championship level, if we'd clicked today we would have coasted to a 5-0 win, we were poor today but still out played you entirely.

A great club and fans deserve so much more you will struggle to stay up.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

"Didn't look a side struggling for form and league position"??!!
Wednesday were the worst team I've seen at home this season by far. Big rugby type players in defence, couldn't pass, couldn't attack & didn't really cause us any problems from their corners considering the size of their team.
Yes they were difficult to break down but teams that use tactics like that usually are.

^^^ This ^^^

Absolutely no surprise that Wednesday are where they are in the league if they "perform" like that every week. One of the worst Championship sides I've ever seen tbh, offered nothing at all.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 pm

I like Wednesday a lot - big club with great fans - but you look like going down. Totally toothless up front - but defended well on the plus side.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Not trying to rub salt into the wounds of another defeat, buit you were truly shocking. On a good day we would have hammered you so while 1-0 sounds fairly close, the reality of it is that we were far too casual, slow in the build up and seemed to be burdened by the pressure of it being the chance of 10/10 home wins, plus yesterdays results meaning we needed three points to go back top and the returning DJ factor. Can't see you surviving on that display.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm

i think you will have a lot of problems at home you put everybody behind the ball today which is fine when you go away and be happy with with a point but i could not seeing you scoring a goal and when you have to go out to win a game i think you will struggle

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm

talking of free kicks. we didnt get one over the wall today :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:40 pm

I like Wednesday a lot - big club with great fans - but you look like going down. Totally toothless up front - but defended well on the plus side.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 pm

look at this way. you will be having your derby against united next year. :lol: