Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

5 Points Clear

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:15 pm

We are now five points clear of Leicester in third, who I believe will be our real challengers come the run in. Palace will flounder, sooner or later.

We've got a hard few games coming up, but if we can get it to 8 points clear at any stage in the next few weeks we will be in a very solid position .

As the teams who have gone up before us have shown, you get a good enough cushion and teams begin to write the points off when they play you, at least at your place.

If Mackay does strengthen, particularly up front, in January, it will be ours for the taking.

Re: 5 Points Clear

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 pm

what it will mean, is that we can have a few off games and still be in the top two, it will help going into feb and march to have a decent cushion.

at present it means little, but is nice all the same of course.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:what it will mean, is that we can have a few off games and still be in the top two, it will help going into feb and march to have a decent cushion.

at present it means little, but is nice all the same of course.

Exactly, the bigger the cushion the better.

We've been six pointS clear before don't forget but our squad was not as good then, in my opinion. Although Annis might disagree.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 pm

yeah that 6 points clear was around october time as well i think. obviously it means so much more the further you get into the season.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 am

Friday night tough game away to Blackburn - Agree Palace for me are not as strong as Leicester for 1 of the top 2 places,

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 am

Palace will struggle once Zaha leaves in January. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 am

I'm not so sure palace will flounder and they will strengthen in January. Doubt Saha will go until the summer. Leicester and Boro will challenge all season, plus a team always steams through he pack. It's going to the wire but hope we don't need to go to Hull on the last game needing something out of the game to stay in the top 2 :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 am

i imagine zaha will stay there, and murray is scoring more than i expected too.

palace will be up there, cant see them dropping out of the top 6 now.

but i dont think we need to worry about them.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:47 pm

6 point clear now. We could get to 8 clear by this time next week. Then look out!

Question is, with the players we have coming back from injury, at what point do we become untouchable?