Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHO ARE THE REAL DONS?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm

It's strange one.

I'd say neither.

I think AFC are the new Wimbledon but they shouldn't be allowed to claim they won the FA Cup. It's history is from when they formed.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Won 85 quid on MK and City but wouldnt have mind losing if MK lost.

Great support from AFC W. Loved the old school celebrations. Cant believe the commentator was so condemning. :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It's strange one.

I'd say neither.

I think AFC are the new Wimbledon but they shouldn't be allowed to claim they won the FA Cup. It's history is from when they formed.

Well Vinnie Jones doesnt agree with ypur pc views thank f**k.

He gave them his fa cup medal.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Good for him, nice gesture.

They didnt win it tho and that's a fact.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:46 pm

AFC Wimbledon didn't abandon their club, the club abandoned them. If Cardiff City moved 70 miles away and changed our name I wouldn't support them anymore. AFC Wimbledon are the real Dons and it's a disgrace that MK called themselves the Dons.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Mk dons originally known as Wimbledon FC. Administrated and closed. there for the club died that day.

they no longer ceased to exist.

IMO AFC Wimbledon are more wimbledon than milton keynes....

but if you went to support manchester city or bristol rovers or britol city or man utd. as a traitor its not your club in the same way as AFC wimbledon is not wimbledons club;

they are just adopting the next best local side. and MK dons are choosing to support a team that was created on the death of their football club.

its like being a fan of james bond films and then sticking with james bond films when the actor changes

they both have no club in my oppinion and are just left with bitter memories divided by choice
Last edited by sloper_road_legend on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good for him, nice gesture.

They didnt win it tho and that's a fact.

You could say that about many re-formed clubs these days like Southampton or even Rangers.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Carl Sewell ‏@transcendcarl
Today I witnessed a group of "football fans" attack a man stood with his young son around 5 years old. @AFCWimbledon you should be ashamed

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Carl Sewell ‏@transcendcarl
Today I witnessed a group of "football fans" attack a man stood with his young son around 5 years old. @AFCWimbledon you should be ashamed

If it's on twitter it must be true.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 pm

I find it ironic that your name is 'I Bleed blue' yet you fully support a decision that is a classic example of modern football

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 pm

i forgot about don a.kebab

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 pm

My hard don :old:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 pm

I originally thought the move was shocking, but I am coming round to backing MK Dons. Let's face it, Wimbledon never had a big support - a lot of fairweather fans. Cracking game of football last weekend, and on the pitch, MK Dons showed who was boss. That game will probably be a genuine one off, that's my view. Wimbledon will probably drop outof the league again, perhaps go out of business again, and we'll never hear from them again!