Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 pm

AFC Wimbledon, obviously.

Re: WHO ARE THE REAL DONS?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 pm

MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon fans abandoned their club

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 pm

MK Dons.
Although i can understand why there is a new Wimbledon. But MK are the real Dons.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon fans abandoned their club

Would you be happy if they moved Cardiff 70 miles down the road? and changed the name? Wimbledon every day of the week.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Couldn't disagree more. Winkleman abandoned the Wimbledon fans by relocating 60 miles away and renaming them Milton Keynes. Milton Keynes is a town built with no character, tradition or history and they stole Wimbledon's place in the football league. If Vincent Tan renamed us and relocated us 60 miles away, which distance wise is the other side of Bristol, I would really hope that our diehards would rally together and follow Wimbledon's example. Milton Keynes Dons was formed as a new team with a new name, new colours, new badge and new identity. They are NOT Wimbledon!
Last edited by Tonteg Bluebird on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:51 pm

MK Dons :-(

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:

Would you be happy if they moved Cardiff 70 miles down the road? and changed the name? Wimbledon every day of the week.

They had NO other option, Wimbledon fans had the opportunity to buy the club ad decided making a new club would be easier, the final day of administration the deal from Winkleman came and he went through with it, rather have a club still alive then go bust!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Couldn't disagree more. Winkleman abandoned the Wimbledon fans by relocating 60 miles away and renaming them Milton Keynes. Milton Keynes is a town built with no character, tradition or history and they stole Wimbledon's place in the football league. If Vincent Tan renamed us and relocated us 60 miles away, which distance wise is the other side of Bristol, I would really hope that our diehards would rally together and follow Wimbledon's example. Milton Keynes Dons was formed as a new team with a new name, new colours, new badge and new identity. They are NOT Wimbledon!

Totally agree, what a ridiculous opening comment. I have nothing but respect for Wimbledon for why their fans have achieved

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 pm

neither !
wimbledon football club died 10 years ago , they are both two seperate teams thats why the fa cup wimbledon won is now in the hands of the local council in a museum . the old wimbledon fc fans are now fans of afc wimbledon and are doing a fantastic job supporting a new form of wimbledon up the leagues .

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

:thumbup: also if mk were starting as a new club instead of a cuckoo club they would start at the bottom of the food chain.tbh if they gave the don bit of the name back for me id say move on .easy for me to say though as i havn,t had to spend time and money trying to build a new team/club

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Ridiculous statement

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:09 pm

novice wrote:

Ridiculous statement

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So because I don't share the same opinion as you it's ridiculous

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 pm

thomasblue wrote:neither !
wimbledon football club died 10 years ago , they are both two seperate teams thats why the fa cup wimbledon won is now in the hands of the local council in a museum . the old wimbledon fc fans are now fans of afc wimbledon and are doing a fantastic job supporting a new form of wimbledon up the leagues .

I wonder how many of us would relish doing what the old Wimbledon fans did and are doing.

I believe Tan would not be able to move us today. So if a movement to form a new Cardiff City rose then it would be a bigger challenge that what Wimbledon did. It would be interesting.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 pm

the only real don is don johnson

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:

They had NO other option, Wimbledon fans had the opportunity to buy the club ad decided making a new club would be easier, the final day of administration the deal from Winkleman came and he went through with it, rather have a club still alive then go bust!

Even If it was in a totally different city and different kit, badge and name? Are you the same person who claimed that you couldn't see why people were so annoyed about mk dons because they had a shiny new stadium? I have nothing but respect for afc Wimbledon. They were to be sold regardless of the fans views. They were fed false promises to sweeten them. Look at the changes now? Can hardly recognise Wimbledon in my dons. They're a farce.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:12 pm

AFC Wimbledon everyday of the week.

The FA should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that to happen. I really hope none of you have to suffer what the fans of Wimbledon have had to endure. I've been there and it's horrible. Real football fans following a real club. It wouldn't sadden me if Stadium MK blew up one day and Winkleman went bust. In fact I'd laugh, jupm on a train to MK and do a big steaming shite on top of the place.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
novice wrote:

Ridiculous statement

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So because I don't share the same opinion as you it's ridiculous

Feck em just blame the fans that's the answer :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:

Even if it was shifted miles away from you? Are you for real? There was plenty options but a string of owners slowly asset stripped them and bled everything out of the club until there was virtually nothing left. The FA then allowed the final nails to be put into the coffin. Too easy to blame the fans these days, even the best supported clubs fans don't get a look in regardless of the state of affairs - until the owners get fed up and expect them to pick up the pieces.

Anyway, the move to MK has really allowed them to push on.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I wonder how many of us would relish doing what the old Wimbledon fans did and are doing.

I believe Tan would not be able to move us today. So if a movement to form a new Cardiff City rose then it would be a bigger challenge that what Wimbledon did. It would be interesting.

the problem if it did happen which hopefully it wont , would be whether a new form of cardiff city would be permitted to play in the english pyramid system or the welsh ?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm

PtB wrote:AFC Wimbledon everyday of the week.

The FA should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that to happen. I really hope none of you have to suffer what the fans of Wimbledon have had to endure. I've been there and it's horrible. Real football fans following a real club. It wouldn't sadden me if Stadium MK blew up one day and Winkleman went bust. In fact I'd laugh, jupm on a train to MK and do a big steaming shite on top of the place.

Totally agree

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I am probably in the minority at the moment, but I would relish doing this right now. It was such a good feeling to see us winning in our proper colours away to Barnsley. I have always said our Bluebird and blue away kit will eventually be scrapped and I feel if this happens, it will be the tipping point for thousands of us and we will form another AFC Wimbledon. The only sticking point would be if we would be allowed in the English league.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:22 pm

1-0 TO THE REAL DONS :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I am probably in the minority at the moment, but I would relish doing this right now. It was such a good feeling to see us winning in our proper colours away to Barnsley. I have always said our Bluebird and blue away kit will eventually be scrapped and I feel if this happens, it will be the tipping point for thousands of us and we will form another AFC Wimbledon. The only sticking point would be if we would be allowed in the English league.

very doubtful i believe barry town tried to rejoin and were refused but then again merthyr got allocated a position so who knows ??

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:33 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:1-0 TO THE REAL DONS :ayatollah:

They're about as real as Father Christmas

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Now THAT was a proper celebration! The Real Dons! :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 pm

CantonJack wrote:Now THAT was a proper celebration! The Real Dons! :ayatollah:

Brilliant

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 pm

CantonJack wrote:Now THAT was a proper celebration! The Real Dons! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: could see how much that meant to them!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Good game the 2/3rds I saw. It was never a battle for who the 'real' dons were because that's not in dispute. Quality goal by Milton K for the winner.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:32 pm

PtB wrote:AFC Wimbledon everyday of the week.

Couldn't agree more :ayatollah: