Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Administration - Palace making a mockery of the Championship

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 am

Crystal Palace entered administration in January 2010 and less than 3 years later they are at the top of the Championship and quite possibly could win promotion to the riches of the Premiership in May.

Surely this cannot be right and can't be fair on other clubs in Championship, who are trying to cut their cloth accordingly and pay their creditors and the tax man.

Should clubs entering Admin have a 5 year ban on promotion ?

Re: Administration - Palace making a mockery of the Champion

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 am

Not just Palace though is it.....Southampton being the prime example.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 am

Like it or not that the rules and they played the rules which in my opinion is what CCFC should have done a few years back then we wouldn't be having the financial problems which have been around the clubs neck for years.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 am

cheppy wrote:Crystal Palace entered administration in January 2010 and less than 3 years later they are at the top of the Championship and quite possibly could win promotion to the riches of the Premiership in May.

Surely this cannot be right and can't be fair on other clubs in Championship, who are trying to cut their cloth accordingly and pay their creditors and the tax man.

Should clubs entering Admin have a 5 year ban on promotion ?

In fairness to Palace and Southampton they took the CVA because they had no choice and the points deduction that went with it. I have far more of a problem with the numerous clubs that used the CVA to avoid paying debts and resulted in the points deductions being implemented. It is those clubs that should be retrospectively punished.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:01 pm

And remind me how much are we in debt ? And how far away are we from going down that road ? Just think we are being like pot kettle black here. We are hanging on by the skin of our teeth :o

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:And remind me how much are we in debt ? And how far away are we from going down that road ? Just think we are being like pot kettle black here. We are hanging on by the skin of our teeth :o

No Pot, Kettle, Black until we enter administration. However we are servicing our debt, we are still meeting the requirements of our creditors otherwise they would be putting us into administration.

Don't get me started on Leicester. The club that built a new stadium and then went into administration. Removed all their debt and then got promoted. No points deduction for them but their actions paved the way for the points deduction system.

Clubs at our level and above are not hit hard enough, their sheer size and fanbase allows them to return much quicker and stronger than lower league clubs. Clubs don't fight hard enough to stay out of administration and when you think what they pay their players it is disgusting that they do not pay small companies who provide them with a service.