Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is the Premiership the strongest league in the World ?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 am

Not for me and hasn't been for a good few years . OK Chelsea won the champions league last year but in the last few years the top 4 Prem clubs have struggled to dominate like they once did . Our record in the 2nd tier competition as also been pretty bad.
The Spanish La Liga as now taken the mantle as the best league for me.

Re: Is the Premiership the strongest league in the World ?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 am

Dicey wrote:Not for me and hasn't been for a good few years . OK Chelsea won the champions league last year but in the last few years the top 4 Prem clubs have struggled to dominate like they once did . Our record in the 2nd tier competition as also been pretty bad.

The Spanish & German leagues are both above it in my opinion.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 am

No. Hasn't been for the past few seasons.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 am

Bundesliga for me

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 am

Definatly La Liga for me. They've got all of the very best players in the world, some of the sides down the bottom are weaker than the sides down the bottom of the Premier League but I don't think half of these over priced English players would make it in La Liga.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:07 am

Used to be. Spain or Italy now for me :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Spain for me or Bundersliga. Just look at how Athletico Bilboa stuffed United last year and people believed they werent very good. Barca, Real Madrid and Athletico Mardid I think are better than any team in the prem

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Spain, Italy and Germany all probably make strong cases (although a English side are Champions of Europe) but the Prem hasn't really recovered from Liverpool becoming crap, Chelsea's manager merry go round starting to catch up with them, Tottenham and Man U not adapting and Man U's injuries/ageing squad and lack of midfield. Less said about Arsenal the better.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 pm

By strongest I take it your talking about the league with more good teams than bad? If so, then maybe the Premier League isn't the 'strongest' league in the world. But, it is the most exciting, you only have to look at last seasons finale for that to be proven.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 pm

PtB wrote:
Dicey wrote:Not for me and hasn't been for a good few years . OK Chelsea won the champions league last year but in the last few years the top 4 Prem clubs have struggled to dominate like they once did . Our record in the 2nd tier competition as also been pretty bad.

i agree.they should market it as the most exciting league not the best league

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 pm

shizzle wrote:By strongest I take it your talking about the league with more good teams than bad? If so, then maybe the Premier League isn't the 'strongest' league in the world. But, it is the most exciting, you only have to look at last seasons finale for that to be proven.

beat me by seconds mr shizzle .well said :D

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Don't thank me too much. I am one of those six fingered, caravan dwelling neigbours after all . :P

I think the Premiership and British football on a whole (hell, i still love watching Championship games) has a great mix of excitment and tactical football. Some of the La Liga games i watch, well, the players are so good technically good that it can become very predictable. You know what i mean?

The whole atmosphere and culture of British football will always make it more exciting than the football from other league across the globe.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:16 pm

shizzle wrote:Don't thank me too much. I am one of those six fingered, caravan dwelling neigbours after all . :P

I think the Premiership and British football on a whole (hell, i still love watching Championship games) has a great mix of excitment and tactical football. Some of the La Liga games i watch, well, the players are so good technically good that it can become very predictable. You know what i mean?

The whole atmosphere and culture of British football will always make it more exciting than the football from other league across the globe.

i,v no beef with swansea shizzle.i,m a blues fan(brum).was down the gower early oct.superb.swansea itself is ok too .i like the area..your team are good to watch.the way it,s panning out you will be having the cigers out just after christmas.survial is the name of the game but you are doing very well

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 pm

PtB wrote:

Agreed. German league is the best IMO. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:17 pm

No.

Exhibit A: The jacks

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

The extra money coming into the league next season will mean the better players around the world will again be hawking themselves to get a look in.

Hope were at the table to get our share

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm

la liga for me that league would suit us perfectly :D

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Depends on how you class (strongest).
Skill wise then no!best teams and players!again no!but the most pyisical!exciting!and high tempo,then yes.
Plus there are more diffrent types of teams in the prem,like us!arsenal! And wigan who play the passing way,then you have the stoke's and newcastel's who play other systems.
I would say the prem is the hardest and most unprictacal leauge in the world.
Ps sory for the spelling.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Depends on how you class (strongest).
Skill wise then no!best teams and players!again no!but the most pyisical!exciting!and high tempo,then yes.
Plus there are more diffrent types of teams in the prem,like us!arsenal! And wigan who play the passing way,then you have the stoke's and newcastel's who play other systems.
I would say the prem is the hardest and most unprictacal leauge in the world.
Ps sory for the spelling.

Well strongest implies best teams and players - where the prem falls woefully short.