Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Nukes

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Just been watching the MMA. I know Regan is getting into it. Can you give us a lowdown on the rules etc. What's the score when one is on the deck, why is the other just standing above him and not laying into him?. To be fair, I see better fights down town on a sat night!

Re: FAO Nukes

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Proper MMA like porfessional level is great. If you take someone down you can 'ground & pound' them or put them in a submission. At junior level all fighting has to be on your feet, most of the time elbows aren't allowed either

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 am

It's different rules from amateur , semi professional, to Proffessional, Only on Proffessional are you allowed to punch on the floor etc. but as for the complete rules google it as Regan has only just started so I am not 100% myself mate.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 am

Nuclearblue wrote:It's different rules from amateur , semi professional, to Proffessional, Only on Proffessional are you allowed to punch on the floor etc. but as for the complete rules google it as Regan has only just started so I am not 100% myself mate.

Fair play Nukes you are up bloody early all the time. What the hell you eating for all this energy? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 am

In MMA you can't do eye gouging ,groin strikes ,strike to the back of the head .In some MMA they don't allow stamping when the opponent is on the ground but in others they do

You can't hold your opponents shorts and gloves to gain advantage .