Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GET THE BALL DOWN

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Against Sheffield Wednesday as they are a team of tall players.

9 of their expected starting 11 are over 6'1" so we surely must get the ball down and play it on the deck.

Set pieces could be an issue but if we play the ball on the deck I am sure we will win the game.

Lets send DJ home from this part of the world with a resounding City victory :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: GET THE BALL DOWN

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Sheff wed are piss poor but DJ is bitter so he will rally his troops to give us a difficult game i reckon.

Carl, what time you in the ninian tommorow as i got 2 scotland deposits to give you. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:53 pm

dont think size matters. we have three big guys going up for corners and with whitts' accuracy i can still see us scoring.

We should win however we play, because we are a better team.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:53 pm

We've been great at set pieces this season so I'm not too worried.
With players like Kim Bo, Whitts, Gunnarsson, Mutch in midfield, we really can split there defense apart.

Good job Turner isn't starting if we need to keep it on the floor :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 pm

murphy wrote:Sheff wed are piss poor but DJ is bitter so he will rally his troops to give us a difficult game i reckon.

Carl, what time you in the ninian tommorow as i got 2 scotland deposits to give you. :ayatollah:

I'll be there from 12.45 :ayatollah:

Have you already given your names to be added to the list :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 pm

paulh_85 wrote:dont think size matters. we have three big guys going up for corners and with whitts' accuracy i can still see us scoring.

We should win however we play, because we are a better team.

I was more concerned about them scoring from set pieces, hopefully we will play around them :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

CantonJack wrote:We've been great at set pieces this season so I'm not too worried.
With players like Kim Bo, Whitts, Gunnarsson, Mutch in midfield, we really can split there defense apart.

Good job Turner isn't starting if we need to keep it on the floor :lol: :lol:

Who said Turner won't start ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:
murphy wrote:Sheff wed are piss poor but DJ is bitter so he will rally his troops to give us a difficult game i reckon.

chief from port talbot booked us. the names are murphy and pothecary. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 pm

murphy wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

chief from port talbot booked us. the names are murphy and pothecary. :ayatollah:

Got your names down :D :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:Against Sheffield Wednesday as they are a team of tall players.

9 of their expected starting 11 are over 6'1" so we surely must get the ball down and play it on the deck.

Set pieces could be an issue but if we play the ball on the deck I am sure we will win the game.

Lets send DJ home from this part of the world with a resounding City victory :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

tall players. but i dont think they are a bully team. like stoke in the past. yeah keep the ball on the ground and send dj home laughing. MY SHARES ARE GOING UP. AND NOW YOU BETTER BELEIVE ME...... MY SHARES ARE GOING UP :lol:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Am i the only who got your DJ quote , this part of the world :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Am i the only who got your DJ quote , this part of the world :lol: :lol:

Maybe Chris, I mentioned it in the Echo today as well but nobody commented on it either :lol:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:00 pm

A lot of games we have struggled in, we havent been playing the ball on the ground.
This happened in the 2nd half of the Derby game Last week.
Hopefully we keep the ball on the ground tomorrow and I can see us having 3 points, although i dont think it will be an easy game. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:01 pm

A lot of games we have struggled in, we havent been playing the ball on the ground.
This happened in the 2nd half of the Derby game Last week.
Hopefully we keep the ball on the ground tomorrow and I can see us having 3 points, although i dont think it will be an easy game. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am

Hopefully we won't miss Nooney too much tomorrow. I think if we really go at Sheff Weds and take the game to them, we can score quite a few goals! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 am

Cardiff City 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday

Whittingham 2 and Helguson

Bothroyd and Johnson (probably from bench)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:47 am

Turner, Connolly, Hudson, nugent, mutch, are all over 6ft.
And Helguson can out jump any 6ft player and still get an accurate header away!
That's half our team over 6ft also.
Doesn't bother me that much as we've already defeated some pretty physical big sides at the CCS.

You are right though, against any team we should be looking to play fast attacking football to feet. :ayatollah: