JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Fair comments.

Reworded then.

IF 100% sure some fucker had been fiddling with kids

Live or die?

Live. Painless death is an easy way out.

Death is painless? Can you share with us your experiences in dying then to back up the statement that you know death is painless?

When you're dead everything in your body shuts down, your respiratory system, nerve system, vital organs, absolute everything. This would probably mean all 5 senses will be diminished, thus not feeling a thing when you passed on.

When you are dead. During the process of dying you are not dead. You are going through a phase of dying. Of course death is painful. You'll feel everything until you are eventually shut down. Your senses are all in tact until your brain/heart fully stop functioning.

To not feel anything your brain must stop as that controls your senses. With hanging it takes several minutes to shut off. Just because the person on the receiving end is unconscious does not mean they cannot feel a thing. That is entirely false.

In most cases of hanging the neck snaps due to the force of the drop which is felt. This is felt for a good few seconds.

Is it as painful as other methods? I do not know but it is painful. Maybe not for long but still is.

Depends on the method of execution. Death by hanging once your kneck snaps you feel nothing and probably wont hurt as much youd think. Death by lethal injection is painless but Im guessing electric chair to be the most painful. None of these would be enough to equal what they did hence I'd rather see them suffer over the long haul

Re: CHILD MOLESTERS!!!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 am

No they clearly have a mental deficiency. I wouldn't kill them no, locking them up and trying to get them help sits far more comfortable with me.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 am

Button Moon wrote:No they clearly have a mental deficiency. I wouldn't kill them no, locking them up and trying to get them help sits far more comfortable with me.

This is a wind up

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:47 am

taffyapple wrote:
Button Moon wrote:No they clearly have a mental deficiency. I wouldn't kill them no, locking them up and trying to get them help sits far more comfortable with me.

This is a wind up

Not necessarily there is a lot of psychological research going into this. Its more of a question of morality.
if you look back in history being married at 12 was not uncommon. If you had to wait until you were 16 to marry off your daughter people then would assume there was something wrong with her.
Now in modern society we have decided who is innocent and who is not when it comes to sexually maturity and we have put an age of 16 as an age of consent and that is now law, where if you have sexual intercourse with anyone under the age of 16 you are a pedophile or child molester. So its a question of morality in society. We as a society have decided its wrong and so be it you live your life according to the law.
If you take morality away, anyone who has gone through puberty regardless of age has reached their sexual maturity, biologically speaking. Though we will always go back to that word morality and it is considered so immoral punishments are extreme and guilty people are vilified in society. Its a simple rule follow the laws laid down in front of you.

Personally regardless of any mental deficancy is proven the law still stands. If a psychopath finds his girlfriend in bed with another man and he feels morally justified in killing the man, he has still murdered someone and will still be punished as dictated by societies morals and laws.

As for your original question, no I dont believe child molesters should receive the death penalty as I feel the death penalty has no place in society. Though punishments should be severe and they should only be released once proven that they are no longer a danger to society.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 am

The steward sticking up for peados. No surprise there :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 am

taffyapple wrote:

This is a wind up

Look at the name and join date Dave. :roll:

Push the button Gav.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:The steward sticking up for peados. No surprise there :roll:

not at all. Taffyapple thought someone was on a wind up. Im just stating facts over research people are conducting. but then I suppose that concept would have flown right over your head.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

This is a wind up

Not necessarily there is a lot of psychological research going into this. Its more of a question of morality.
if you look back in history being married at 12 was not uncommon. If you had to wait until you were 16 to marry off your daughter people then would assume there was something wrong with her.
Now in modern society we have decided who is innocent and who is not when it comes to sexually maturity and we have put an age of 16 as an age of consent and that is now law, where if you have sexual intercourse with anyone under the age of 16 you are a pedophile or child molester. So its a question of morality in society. We as a society have decided its wrong and so be it you live your life according to the law.
If you take morality away, anyone who has gone through puberty regardless of age has reached their sexual maturity, biologically speaking. Though we will always go back to that word morality and it is considered so immoral punishments are extreme and guilty people are vilified in society. Its a simple rule follow the laws laid down in front of you.

Personally regardless of any mental deficancy is proven the law still stands. If a psychopath finds his girlfriend in bed with another man and he feels morally justified in killing the man, he has still murdered someone and will still be punished as dictated by societies morals and laws.

As for your original question, no I dont believe child molesters should receive the death penalty as I feel the death penalty has no place in society. Though punishments should be severe and they should only be released once proven that they are no longer a danger to society.

This is definitely a wind up.

When the 'doctors' have deemed a child murdering rapist to be fit to rejoin society
I assume you'll have no qualms with them moving in next door to you and your kids?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 am

taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

This is a wind up

When the 'doctors' have deemed a child murdering rapist to be fit to rejoin society
I assume you'll have no qualms with them moving in next door to you and your kids?

No I wouldnt want them to live next door to me. No more than id want any type of criminal to live next door to me.
Who says they ever will be.
You do have a tendency to take a discussion and make it terribly extreme.
You could have said thats interesting, I dont believe it nor do I believe that Child molesters have mental health problems.
All ive said is the fact that psychiatrists and psychologists are doing research into why people commit such horrible crimes.
That does not mean I condone such criminal activity.
Our justice system is based on rehabilitation (allegedly), though I would say that pedophiles would have to jump through some pretty hard hoops to be deemed safe to re-enter society. I still dont believe that the death penalty has a place in modern society regardless of the crime.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:I dont think the old guy is Barnett too funny to be him :lol:

well he ain't gonna have 2 different accounts and act exactly the same on both is he brains.

I'd say the fact that they are both so different makes it more likely that they are the same person

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 am

People commit crimes because they want to.

If I want to steal a drink from Spar because im thirsty I will. There is no desire inside me to make me do it, just pure choice.

The same with murdering someone. If I want to kill someone then I will do it through choice. The reason I don't do it through choice is because by doing so and potentially getting caught it will be of great hassle to my life. I would not care about prison but I would care about the inconvenience to my life and what I could have done with it had I not done it and got put in prison.

People who say there is all this psychological nonsense are just excuse makers for them. It's done through choice and that's the way it is.

There may be a deep emotional issue such as needing food to survive but it is still choice. There are plenty other choices in life that you make if you have a lack of food. Stealing isn't the only option available thus it is choice.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

This is a wind up

No I wouldnt want them to live next door to me. No more than id want any type of criminal to live next door to me.
You could have said thats interesting, I dont believe it nor do I believe that Child molesters have mental health problems.
All ive said is the fact that psychiatrists and psychologists are doing research into why people commit such horrible crimes.
Our justice system is based on rehabilitation (allegedly), though I would say that pedophiles would have to jump through some pretty hard hoops to be deemed safe to re-enter society. I still dont believe that the death penalty has a place in modern society regardless of the crime.

So your saying our society and values are based on rehabilitation? Your typically
high-handed retort suggests we should trust in the 'establishment' and the doctors
and psychiatrists and that eventually they could be returned to the streets.

But not next door to you :lol: :lol:

Im assuming you wouldnt want a convicted child murderer anywhere near YOUR kids.

...But somewhere else is just fine, because they have to live somewhere.

I take things to the extreme? When it comes to my kids, yes i do. I would kill for them
and i dont hesitate to say it.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:19 am

taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

This is a wind up

So your saying our society and values are based on rehabilitation? Your typically
high-handed retort suggests we should trust in the 'establishment' and the doctors

Im assuming you wouldnt want a convicted child murderer anywhere near YOUR kids.

I take things to the extreme? When it comes to my kids, yes i do. I would kill for them

Well now your just sensationalising things and trying to make me look bad instead of having a decent debate.

Modern day society in this country and it morals especially with regards to the law, is based on christian values from the ten commandments. Our prison system is based on the same system that rehabilitation is preferable to punishment. You can find good points and bad points in that but that is how our society works.

I dont think anybody would like to live next to any type of criminal, there will be people who say 'theyve done their time they are now innocent', some will say 'you can never be forgiven of that type of crime and they should live on some sort of deserted island'. Both points are valid and have their merits aswell as their downfalls.

You clearly dont believe crimes of this nature are down to mental illnesses fine, im inclined to agree with you. I do believe you make choices in life and you live with the consequences. If I choose to kill someone, however I justify such actions society will punish me. This is why I find subjects like psychology fascinating, why is it easier for some people to kill than others? Why does pedophilia disgust some people and for others acceptable?
Though I dont agree there is an excuse for these types of crimes, education and understanding of such crimes is important, because the question of why people do such things will always be there. The answer could be because these people are just lacking in basic morals or they do have some kind of mental illness. I dont have that answer, though I do agree with the idea that they are lacking in basic morals and they are scum. They deserve to be punished and if rehabilitation is possible then it should be attempted. Morals can be taught its the basics of child psychology, morals are taught by their parents by actions and education.

Lets take your example, you wouldnt hesitate to kill someone who was a threat to your children. Now most people wouldnt disagree with that statement, defending your children is a basic instinct with parents. Now it starts to get interesting, your morals will come in to play. To what extent do you take your lack of hesitation in killing people in the defence of your children? Would you kill a pedophile who is a direct threat to your children? Society would probably find your action acceptable, within that circle of action your morality will justify it. Now if you start to expand that circle to any convicted pedophile, then less of society would find it acceptable, though a large percentage would probably agree with your cause. If you spread it to people who have just been accused of pedophilia you enter a direct conflict with a different moral 'innocent until proven guilty' and less of society would agree with your action. You can keep expanding the circle until you get to the very extreme that anybody who you consider a pedophile deserves to die and society will probably call you a psychopathic killer. Wherever you lay down your moral circle, there will always be one constant, you will always justify your actions because you were defending your children.

You can apply the same theory to sexual relationships.
I will only have sexual intercourse with someone who is 2 years older or younger than me, as long as it is legal.
I have no issue having sex with someone who is 16 regardless of my own age.
Old enough to bleed old enough to breed.

Now most people would agree with my first statement. Most people cant argue with my second statement because you wouldnt be doing anything illegal, though people would wonder why a 50 year old man is hanging around 16 year old girls? It maybe legal but people would find it very strange. My third statement would provoke responses of violence and utter disgust from society as it is both illegal and morally wrong.

Basically its all down to your personal morals and how you live your life and knowing what is acceptable and what isnt acceptable in society.

Pedophilia is not acceptable in society but neither is state sponsored murder in my opinion. What we do with pedophiles in society will always be up for debate but dont on any level think that I think pedophilia is acceptable or that pedophiles should be readily forgiven or should go unpunished.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 am

taffyapple wrote:Is there anyone on the board who wouldnt give them the death penalty
if the option was available?

me.....why let them die........so much more of a punishment for this thing(not a human being)to wake up every morning and wish they were dead,and then let them have another day of pain and suffering....a good beating every day...day in day out

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Reworded then.

Live or die?

Death is painless? Can you share with us your experiences in dying then to back up the statement that you know death is painless?

They would hardly select 'the rack' as their chosen method of execution you fool. Lethal injection would be the most obvious and is, in essence, pretty painless.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Reworded then.

Live or die?

When you're dead everything in your body shuts down, your respiratory system, nerve system, vital organs, absolute everything. This would probably mean all 5 senses will be diminished, thus not feeling a thing when you passed on.

When you are dead. During the process of dying you are not dead. You are going through a phase of dying. Of course death is painful. You'll feel everything until you are eventually shut down. Your senses are all in tact until your brain/heart fully stop functioning.

To not feel anything your brain must stop as that controls your senses. With hanging it takes several minutes to shut off. Just because the person on the receiving end is unconscious does not mean they cannot feel a thing. That is entirely false.

In most cases of hanging the neck snaps due to the force of the drop which is felt. This is felt for a good few seconds.

Is it as painful as other methods? I do not know but it is painful. Maybe not for long but still is.

Hanging is obviously painful, no one is disputing that :lol:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:35 pm

taffyapple wrote:Is there anyone on the board who wouldnt give them the death penalty
if the option was available?

Interesting question. As a child advocate I would say that protection of children is one of the most important, if not the most important part of family and society.

However.. Let's be frank, it costs MORE to put and keep people on 'death row' than keeping them for a lifetime in the prison system (as recently pointed out in the USA).. so it makes no financial sense to give people the death penalty. In additional our judicial system isn't watertight enough for cases to be clear-cut. What about the cases where a guy of 16 has sex with a girl of 14 but who looks older? I'm not saying that's right.... but the death penalty?

So overall no I don't agree with it, even for child molesters.

I do though advocate for lifetime and harsher prison sentences for anyone who commits violence against children.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:38 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Well now your just sensationalising things and trying to make me look bad instead of having a decent debate.

Modern day society in this country and it morals especially with regards to the law, is based on christian values from the ten commandments. Our prison system is based on the same system that rehabilitation is preferable to punishment. You can find good points and bad points in that but that is how our society works.

I dont think anybody would like to live next to any type of criminal, there will be people who say 'theyve done their time they are now innocent', some will say 'you can never be forgiven of that type of crime and they should live on some sort of deserted island'. Both points are valid and have their merits aswell as their downfalls.

You clearly dont believe crimes of this nature are down to mental illnesses fine, im inclined to agree with you. I do believe you make choices in life and you live with the consequences. If I choose to kill someone, however I justify such actions society will punish me. This is why I find subjects like psychology fascinating, why is it easier for some people to kill than others? Why does pedophilia disgust some people and for others acceptable?
Though I dont agree there is an excuse for these types of crimes, education and understanding of such crimes is important, because the question of why people do such things will always be there. The answer could be because these people are just lacking in basic morals or they do have some kind of mental illness. I dont have that answer, though I do agree with the idea that they are lacking in basic morals and they are scum. They deserve to be punished and if rehabilitation is possible then it should be attempted. Morals can be taught its the basics of child psychology, morals are taught by their parents by actions and education.

Lets take your example, you wouldnt hesitate to kill someone who was a threat to your children. Now most people wouldnt disagree with that statement, defending your children is a basic instinct with parents. Now it starts to get interesting, your morals will come in to play. To what extent do you take your lack of hesitation in killing people in the defence of your children? Would you kill a pedophile who is a direct threat to your children? Society would probably find your action acceptable, within that circle of action your morality will justify it. Now if you start to expand that circle to any convicted pedophile, then less of society would find it acceptable, though a large percentage would probably agree with your cause. If you spread it to people who have just been accused of pedophilia you enter a direct conflict with a different moral 'innocent until proven guilty' and less of society would agree with your action. You can keep expanding the circle until you get to the very extreme that anybody who you consider a pedophile deserves to die and society will probably call you a psychopathic killer. Wherever you lay down your moral circle, there will always be one constant, you will always justify your actions because you were defending your children.

You can apply the same theory to sexual relationships.
I will only have sexual intercourse with someone who is 2 years older or younger than me, as long as it is legal.
I have no issue having sex with someone who is 16 regardless of my own age.
Old enough to bleed old enough to breed.

Now most people would agree with my first statement. Most people cant argue with my second statement because you wouldnt be doing anything illegal, though people would wonder why a 50 year old man is hanging around 16 year old girls? It maybe legal but people would find it very strange. My third statement would provoke responses of violence and utter disgust from society as it is both illegal and morally wrong.

Basically its all down to your personal morals and how you live your life and knowing what is acceptable and what isnt acceptable in society.

Pedophilia is not acceptable in society but neither is state sponsored murder in my opinion. What we do with pedophiles in society will always be up for debate but dont on any level think that I think pedophilia is acceptable or that pedophiles should be readily forgiven or should go unpunished.
[/quote]

How am i sensationalising anything?

Padophiles are released into society every single day.

Now if you believe in all the drivel you've posted above. You must believe that rehabilitation
works, and the system works. So by the same token you should not worry or complain if an
'ex' paedophile, or burglar, or mental patient is moved in next door to you. Because if the
psychiatrists and doctors say hes 'cured'.... then he's cured.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Rehabilition has worked in certain cases though. It shouldn't be disregarded entirely in my opinion.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Rehabilitated?... Well, now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means - Red from Shawshank redemption.

:old:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Problem with the dealth penalty is I don't trust the police.

thas true the police are just as bad half of them are just as crooked as child molesters anyway, odd people those coppers, think they are so powerful with their anti drug and alcohol life style

then they just abuse their power in other ways, usually sexually related, or dodgy amount of coppers that are bent is a joke.

theirs prob a peado on every corner, just like gays its a genetic component in a persons body. that makes them that way

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Rehabilition has worked in certain cases though. It shouldn't be disregarded entirely in my opinion.

Would you want one living next to you?

A 'rehabilitated' one.

Would you let your kids anywhere near him?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm

taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Rehabilition has worked in certain cases though. It shouldn't be disregarded entirely in my opinion.

A 'rehabilitated' one.

He's a loonatic lefty do gooding PC health and safety loving student. He will probably end up running a programme to ease them back into society.

You abuse a child you have effectively ended the childs right to a normal life this is why I believe that if you abuse a child you have given up YOUR right to LIFE.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

I don't see why my kids would want to see him...

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:15 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

how facetious.

Its simple. If you believe the system works, and a 'reformed' Child Molester moves in
next door to you. Would you let your kids anywhere near him. Next door neighbour.
Chances are they could be playing by the gate, in the garden, he could be right there.

Would you trust the system that says he's 'cured'

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:22 pm

taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

how facetious.

Its simple. If you believe the system works, and a 'reformed' Child Molester moves in
next door to you. Would you let your kids anywhere near him. Next door neighbour.
Chances are they could be playing by the gate, in the garden, he could be right there.

The honest answer is I simply don't know; it's too hypothetical (like many of your points).

Surely it would be foolish of me to say that I trust a system when A) It doesn't exist and B) I don't know anything about the structure, funding, mechanisms of said scheme.

However, as I said initially, there is no need to disregard rehabilitation as a concept.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

He's a loonatic lefty do gooding PC health and safety loving student. He will probably end up running a programme to ease them back into society.

You abuse a child you have effectively ended the childs right to a normal life this is why I believe that if you abuse a child you have given up YOUR right to LIFE.

Totally agree. The most innocent of us MUST be protected from filth like these
sickos. Only real cure would be a bullet!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

how facetious.

The honest answer is I simply don't know; it's too hypothetical (like many of your points).

Surely it would be foolish of me to say that I trust a system when A) It doesn't exist and B) I don't know anything about the structure, funding, mechanisms of said scheme.

However, as I said initially, there is no need to disregard rehabilitation as a concept.

But its NOT hypothetical. These people are freed every single day

You are waxing lyrical about all the great strides being made in
treating people like this. So the question is simple. Would you
want a 'reformed' paedophile living next door to you and your small
children. If the Authorities said he was cured, would you be happy
to greet your new neighbour

taffyapple wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

Totally agree. The most innocent of us MUST be protected from filth like these
sickos. Only real cure would be a bullet!

Please don't confuse a bullet with a cure; massive oxymoron.

OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

A 'rehabilitated' one.

how facetious.

But its NOT hypothetical. These people are freed every single day

You are waxing lyrical about all the great strides being made in
treating people like this. So the question is simple. Would you
want a 'reformed' paedophile living next door to you and your small
children. If the Authorities said he was cured, would you be happy
to greet your new neighbour