Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why do people reply?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 pm

I understand that they are frustratingly stupid, but I'm starting to wonder why people respond to the shite posted by the likes of Financial Advisor and LeedsScumCrew? They're trolls, leave their threads empty and they'll get bored and go and find someone else to annoy. I know I'm just giving them more attention by writing this, but ignoring them for a couple of days will send them packing.

Re: Why do people reply?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:36 pm

good point but newer memebers may not be so clued up on the antics of roath and his multiple accounts
its obvious when he pops up so ban him straightaway
thank god for Gavlar
who needs the united nations when youve got gav and his button :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Fair enough, but they'll catch on too eventually. Gav our saviour - "PUSH THE BUTTON GAV!"
In fact we should just fill "troll" threads with hundreds of PUSH THE BUTTON" posts.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:40 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:I understand that they are frustratingly stupid, but I'm starting to wonder why people respond to the shite posted by the likes of Financial Advisor and LeedsScumCrew? They're trolls, leave their threads empty and they'll get bored and go and find someone else to annoy. I know I'm just giving them more attention by writing this, but ignoring them for a couple of days will send them packing.

problem is he comes on for couple days then uses one of his other names, if you notice names dissapear for little while then comes back while other name dissapears and so on it goes, he needs to be banned as soon as becomes evident who he is that way will curtail crap on here! :D

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Ive banned him and his IP, hopefully that will at least hinder him somewhat.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:I understand that they are frustratingly stupid, but I'm starting to wonder why people respond to the shite posted by the likes of Financial Advisor and LeedsScumCrew? They're trolls, leave their threads empty and they'll get bored and go and find someone else to annoy. I know I'm just giving them more attention by writing this, but ignoring them for a couple of days will send them packing.

I enjoyed schooling him.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Gavlar wrote:Ive banned him and his IP, hopefully that will at least hinder him somewhat.

thanks chargrill is another one who uses multi names to avoid ban

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Exactly don't reply they are just PC warriors looking for a cheap thrill.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 pm

said this before, falls on deaf ears, and its got nothing to do with newer posters either its usually the more clued up posters that indulge in the pointless rabble and give them the replies they crave.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:43 pm

cant people just put him on ignore? is there an ignore button?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:cant people just put him on ignore? is there an ignore button?

People can and do -
However it makes a mess of a thread, people replying to posts you haven't seen and quotes in other messages that haven't been see etc

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm

People reply to other attention seeking trolls because it makes them feel good about themselves.