Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ETIEN VELIKONJA

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:59 pm

So he teared Fabio Coloccini a new A**hole but hasn't had a real chance since , bar being brought on against Brighton and Bristol?

Any news? Is he injured , unfit or just not perfoming in training?

He seems like such a talent! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ETIEN VELIKONJA

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Hope he features tomorrow.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Imagine if he even got on the bench tomorrow? Wow

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm

LewisJoeMasonJohnson wrote:So he teared Fabio Coloccini a new A**hole but hasn't had a real chance since , bar being brought on against Brighton and Bristol?

When did he do that?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:15 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Imagine if he even got on the bench tomorrow? Wow

I just want to see what he can bring to the team , big blow in Maynard and we rely on Helguson. Rudy hasn't floated my boat since becoming bench warmer.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
LewisJoeMasonJohnson wrote:So he teared Fabio Coloccini a new A**hole but hasn't had a real chance since , bar being brought on against Brighton and Bristol?

When did he do that?

Newcastle Friendly.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

When did he do that?

Against Newcastle pre-season , did not give him a second to think about anything.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Tomorrow's game would be an ideal time to reintroduce the lad to Championship football.

Bench him, but throw him on in the 75th minute (providing we're a couple of goals up) and see how he does.

If not tomorrow, when? :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 pm

I've got a feeling if we don't see his silky skills in the Championship soon, we definitely see him in the FA Cup. ;)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 pm

LewisJoeMasonJohnson wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

When did he do that?

Against Newcastle pre-season , did not give him a second to think about anything.

Ah.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

When did he do that?

Ah.

Pre Season or not its not like Newcastle didn't come to us and try.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

When did he do that?

Ah.

Pre Season or not its not like Newcastle didn't come to us and try.

True and gave some of Europe's finest defenders a terrible afternoon. People can say what they like but he deserves a chance to perform. If he doesn't perform at least we have tried. If he does then we're laughing. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 am

Today is perfect.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 am

I don't have a clue what match you were watching. Apart from the goal against Newcastle he didn't do that much. And collicini went off half way through the game cos of an injury. That ment that veilikonja was in the field about 15mins up against collicini.

Was you actually there?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 am

Did he really? Coloccini came off just after half-time when we played them (46th minute) and at that time Etien had only played 12 minutes against him given he came on for Helguson after 33 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19226530 :o

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:17 am

Hardly teared him a new one then. Either way, I don't think he should be thrown on against a physical Wednesday side.

If he takes his chance, could definitely give the squad a big boost!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:40 am

Took his goal well and did drag their defence all over the place at times, but lets not exaggerate his impact.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:26 pm

I must admit I struggle to see what Rudy offers that Etien doesnt, apart from
flick-ons!!!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:03 pm

To me it's clear, Malky thinks he's not good enough. He's seen more of him than most of us ....He's hardly going to ignore him if he's been doing the business in training... Perhaps he'll come good...