Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Crime and punishment question - Rape.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 am

In your opinion, if a man is convicted of the crime of rape, just "normal" rape, no weapons, not underage etc what should the punishment be?

Re: Crime and punishment question - Rape.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

10 year maximum, may seem excessive but think about.

Rape is a sickening crime which can leave the victim mentally scarred for life and may not trust anyone again.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 am

i think about 5 years without parole ...... but if it was my daughter he`d raped i`d like the fecker executed!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:01 pm

And how should the perpetrator be generally treated upon his release?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 pm

harold pinta wrote:And how should the perpetrator be generally treated upon his release?

i dont think that person should live within 5 miles of the person he raped thats for sure. .... i actually know someone that raped someone like the type of person i think your talking about and people except him .... he as to live with what he did for the rest of his life and with this person i know, i can tell its fecked him up also! ... he`s not the same boy i knew as kids! .... why are you asking these questions btw?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Castrated and 10 years inside - minimum.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:43 pm

25 years minimum. Castrated.

When thinking of punishments there are 2 major criteria.

1. What if it was done to you and/or your family (in this case wife, daughter,mother)?

2. Ensure it can never be repeated.

Simples

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:20 pm

not sure there is such a crime as normal rape ...imo rape is rape...any rape that is 100% proved the guilty party should be surgically castrated so as never to rape again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 pm

The last three responses were the sort of thing I was after really. What I am flummoxed by is the hero worshipping of Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist. I've yet to hear anyone call for him to be castrated or that he should have got 25 years. There seems to be some sort of collective amnesia where he is concerned. In fact when he visited Merthyr Tydfil a few years back you could have been mistaken for thinking the Pope had arrived in South Wales.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:not sure there is such a crime as normal rape ...imo rape is rape...any rape that is 100% proved the guilty party should be surgically castrated so as never to rape again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's why I put "normal".

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:12 pm

harold pinta wrote:The last three responses were the sort of thing I was after really. What I am flummoxed by is the hero worshipping of Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist. I've yet to hear anyone call for him to be castrated or that he should have got 25 years. There seems to be some sort of collective amnesia where he is concerned. In fact when he visited Merthyr Tydfil a few years back you could have been mistaken for thinking the Pope had arrived in South Wales.

I'm sceptical about whether or not he was actually guilty and I think a lot of others are, too, hence his reception.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 pm

thats why i said 100%proven guilty :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:thats why i said 100%proven guilty :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There's no such thing as 100% proven guilty. You don't have percentage degrees of guilt. You are either guilty or innocent. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers after a full trial and he subsequently lost an appeal.

Whether you choose to believe the result of the jury is another thing. Funny how, when it's a normal person found guilty, then they should get the full force of the law, but when it's a sporting "hero" then people are not so quick to demand retribution.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Life imprisonment.

They should have separate prisons for murderers, rapists, pedophiles and then the others.

If murderers want to kill people then they can kill other murderers in their prison. - no supervision
If rapists want to rape people they can do it to other rapists in prison. - no supervision

If they want a free for all and to act like uncivilized animals then let them. The problem with these people is they love acting like an animal when they are the top dog. As soon as they become the victim they cry like there is no tomorrow.

Pedophiles should be put in with them both.

None of them should ever be let out. Once you have committed the initial act you have already proven you are a SERIOUS threat to society. I do not believe someone with such risk should be given a second chance unless there is extreme circumstances such as a man was beating his wife so she cracked him over the head with something and he died. Even though it is unlikely that she would go to prison on the off chance she did their should be special laws for these types of cases that allow them to be put in the prisons for others but with 24/7 supervision

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:26 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Life imprisonment.

They should have separate prisons for murderers, rapists, pedophiles and then the others.

If murderers want to kill people then they can kill other murderers in their prison. - no supervision
If rapists want to rape people they can do it to other rapists in prison. - no supervision

If they want a free for all and to act like uncivilized animals then let them. The problem with these people is they love acting like an animal when they are the top dog. As soon as they become the victim they cry like there is no tomorrow.

None of them should ever be let out. Once you have committed the initial act you have already proven you are a SERIOUS threat to society. I do not believe someone with such risk should be given a second chance unless there is extreme circumstances such as a man was beating his wife so she cracked him over the head with something and he died. Even though it is unlikely that she would go to prison on the off chance she did their should be special laws for these types of cases that allow them to be put in the prisons for others but with 24/7 supervision

Question is, who to pay or these special facilities. It's the tax payer.

These days, It's all about reform and rehabilitating people back into the community with strict supervision orders.

I do think people CAN change, however.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, either. I can see both sides to the coin.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

These days, It's all about reform and rehabilitating people back into the community with strict supervision orders.

You can't put a price on a life. Safety should come before money. Maybe the bankers could pay for it for a bit out of their bonuses as an apology for doing us all over.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:34 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

You can't put a price on a life. Safety should come before money. Maybe the bankers could pay for it for a bit out of their bonuses as an apology for doing us all over.

Lots of things SHOULD happen in life, but they just can't. As I said, rehabilitation is the way this country works, because there simply isn't the resources available.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Lots of things SHOULD happen in life, but they just can't. As I said, rehabilitation is the way this country works, because there simply isn't the resources available.

This country doesn't work so to say 'rehabilitation is the way this country works' is false. The country tries to work that way but it fails to work that way because that way will never work within our culture or America's. It works in Scandinavian countries because there is still a level of respect there and there upbringing and family values are entirely different.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

This country doesn't work so to say 'rehabilitation is the way this country works' is false. The country tries to work that way but it fails to work that way because that way will never work within our culture or America's. It works in Scandinavian countries because there is still a level of respect there and there upbringing and family values are entirely different.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm all for rehabilitation of criminals that commit relatively low level crimes, such as theft, there is no point just throwing them all in prison, it simply does not solve the problem, re offending rates alone prove this time and time again.

As far as murder, rape and serious physical assaults go, then of course the public need to be protected from these type of people, and the cost should be of little concern in such matters. The relatively tiny amount of people convicted of these types of crime means that the cost of keeping them locked away is negligible.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:48 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Where did I say it works? All I said is that this is how this country is run.

Please read my posts correctly before criticising my views.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Brilliant, however there's this little thing that you've forgotten about called money.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Kill the bastards and we will save thousands of pounds on keeping the odious toads alive. We will also save money on prison food as I suggest we serve up there carcusses to prisoners in for more minor crimes such as fraud, vandalism and showing a lack of respect for the older generations.

Only the lunatic lefty do good oddballs don't want these measures implemented.

:old:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Kill the bastards and we will save thousands of pounds on keeping the odious toads alive. We will also save money on prison food as I suggest we serve up there carcusses to prisoners in for more minor crimes such as fraud, vandalism and showing a lack of respect for the older generations.

Agreed. Put him on the bonfire, put him on the bonfire, nah nah nah nah AY! Nah nah nah nah AY!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:04 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Kill the bastards and we will save thousands of pounds on keeping the odious toads alive. We will also save money on prison food as I suggest we serve up there carcusses to prisoners in for more minor crimes such as fraud, vandalism and showing a lack of respect for the older generations.

Agreed. Put him on the bonfire, put him on the bonfire, nah nah nah nah AY! Nah nah nah nah AY!

Please stop showing me that picture Boris you know I have a weak bladder as it is.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Your posting of that picture is rather creepy.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Rape is a heinous crime. No such thing as 'normal' rape.

I'd jail the cunts for twenty years then set them free with their bollocks in a bag
and 'RAPIST' tattoo on the fuckers forehead

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 pm

taffyapple wrote:Rape is a heinous crime. No such thing as 'normal' rape.

I'd jail the cunts for twenty years then set them free with their bollocks in a bag
and 'RAPIST' tattoo on the fuckers forehead

Here here pal here f*cking here. ]

We live in a society which switches the roles of victim and rapist. We seem to pity the rapists, look after them and give them a shoulder to cry on whilst spitting on the victim and letting them deal with the affects of what has happened to them alone.

But thats the loony left for you/

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:36 pm

harold pinta wrote:In your opinion, if a man is convicted of the crime of rape, just "normal" rape, no weapons, not underage etc what should the punishment be?

Chemically Castrated then Beheaded :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:39 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

Cheers Boris ,I've just printed this off. I'll put it in the car window so no c.unt will go near it :ayatollah: