Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BIRMINGHAM CITY

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:18 am

They always think they are a big club, and tonight they had attendance of just 15,000. This is a club that were in the premier league two years ago, shocking. Even last season when they were going for promotion their stadium always looked empty. There is only one big club in that city and its Aston Villa. In my opinion Wolves are still a bigger club than West Brom even if they are in the premier (a bit like us and the Jacks) :ayatollah:

Re: BIRMINGHAM CITY

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 am

Blue_Lloyd wrote:They always think they are a big club, and tonight they had attendance of just 15,000. This is a club that were in the premier league two years ago, shocking. Even last season when they were going for promotion their stadium always looked empty. There is only one big club in that city and its Aston Villa. In my opinion Wolves are still a bigger club than West Brom even if they are in the premier (a bit like us and the Jacks) :ayatollah:

Leave them alone - they took 3 points of Boro and did us a big favour :D

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:They always think they are a big club, and tonight they had attendance of just 15,000. This is a club that were in the premier league two years ago, shocking. Even last season when they were going for promotion their stadium always looked empty. There is only one big club in that city and its Aston Villa. In my opinion Wolves are still a bigger club than West Brom even if they are in the premier (a bit like us and the Jacks) :ayatollah:

they always think they are a big club..which blues fan have you spoke to who told you that?i don,t know any proper blues who would say it

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Birmingham City are a proper football club. Big club, medium club, whatever. For what it's worth, I have got 100% respect for them. Looking forward to New Year's Day :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Oi leave it out!
1, jct (Jeff) is my butty :D And 2, Birmingham City did us a big favour lastnight by taking some pionts off one of our promtion rivals! Big club, littel club who cares as long as there keep taking pionts off teams around us! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 pm

ive never thought Birmingham City to be a 'big' Club as such

Pretty sure their supporters dont think their special either.

Much like us really

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:43 pm

I have a real soft spot for the Brummies due to a good mate of mine. Blues are very like Ccfc in terms of the type of fan that they have and their history.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm

I've always liked birmingham for some reason.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 pm

I cant see how they can think Villa are their rivals when they are getting crowds of 15,000. Wolves and WBA are bigger clubs. They thought they were a big club when they signed Dugarry and had sell out crowds going back 6-7 years ago.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 am

Why do people seem to think having bigger crowds mean you're a bigger club? It's not just support, it's the stadia, history and where you are in the league. I see brum as a big club. I see weeds as a big club.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 am

Whitchurchbluebird wrote:

Oi leave it out!
1, jct (Jeff) is my butty :D And 2, Birmingham City did us a big favour lastnight by taking some pionts off one of our promtion rivals! Big club, littel club who cares as long as there keep taking pionts off teams around us! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: k.r.o :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:12 am

Blue_Lloyd wrote:I cant see how they can think Villa are their rivals when they are getting crowds of 15,000. Wolves and WBA are bigger clubs. They thought they were a big club when they signed Dugarry and had sell out crowds going back 6-7 years ago.

er because they are 3miles away thats why villa are our rivals.if any club had the troubles we had they would take a hit in crowd figures.we sold a whole team last year.add the fact that some of the prem lovers have left as well i,m not surprised the gates are down.on sky and hit and miss form.wolves gates are down too.villa had very poor crowds last year.the figures were less than stated.counting up s/t holders who didn,t attend.bit like what you do.it,s not so long ago players were choosing blues over villa has we allegedly paid more :shock: as it,s been stated ccfc and bcfc have similar fan bases.that,s why there is respect between the fans.ask some of the older heads ;)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:14 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Birmingham City are a proper football club. Big club, medium club, whatever. For what it's worth, I have got 100% respect for them. Looking forward to New Year's Day :ayatollah:

k.ro :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 am

taffyapple wrote:ive never thought Birmingham City to be a 'big' Club as such

Pretty sure their supporters dont think their special either.

Much like us really

spot on.k.r.o :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 am

Brum can pull up massive numbers when called for. Cheers Jeff for Friday night :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Brum can pull up massive numbers when called for. Cheers Jeff for Friday night :ayatollah:

:thumbup: big game today steve for you boys.results have been mixed for you over the weekend so you need a result of some kind.steve you know my views on the rebrand and i hate seeing you in red but for the city fans like yourself, annis t.a and all the other lads who have spent time shivering on some poxy sub standard terrace in the frozen hell holes of england over the years then for that reason i,m with you and hope you get promotion.not for vinny tan and his would be cash cow but for the lads who have followed ccfc throughout the years.you have earned your right to have a chance of a day in the sun.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 am

Cheers Jeff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 am

Cheers Jeff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm

jtc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Brum can pull up massive numbers when called for. Cheers Jeff for Friday night :ayatollah:

:thumbup: big game today steve for you boys.results have been mixed for you over the weekend so you need a result of some kind.steve you know my views on the rebrand and i hate seeing you in red but for the city fans like yourself, annis t.a and all the other lads who have spent time shivering on some poxy sub standard terrace in the frozen hell holes of england over the years then for that reason i,m with you and hope you get promotion.not for vinny tan and his would be cash cow but for the lads who have followed ccfc throughout the years.you have earned your right to have a chance of a day in the sun.

Whats happening to the Blues and carsten Yeung? Last i heard that Paladini was going to be involved.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
jtc wrote:

Whats happening to the Blues and carsten Yeung? Last i heard that Paladini was going to be involved.

in court as we speak gareth.paladini wants in.a few weeks ago he made a bid and thought pannu had take the mickey so said he was out.then an hour later he was back in :lol: palidini is supposed to be blues .hope we get it done soon one way or another.some more chinese had a look too i heard :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 pm

jtc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
jtc wrote:

in court as we speak gareth.paladini wants in.a few weeks ago he made a bid and thought pannu had take the mickey so said he was out.then an hour later he was back in :lol: palidini is supposed to be blues .hope we get it done soon one way or another.some more chinese had a look too i heard :roll:

Hope it works out for you lot. Ideally it would be a blues supporting person. I'd love to have local owners. Can't be bothered to go today partly due to family stuff but i could rearrange if i wanted too. A few years ago I'd have been there. Not sure if it is rebrand or whether other things over past year (mrs in and out of hospital, eldest lad ill etc) have made me realise that football is not be all and end all.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
jtc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
jtc wrote:

Hope it works out for you lot. Ideally it would be a blues supporting person. I'd love to have local owners. Can't be bothered to go today partly due to family stuff but i could rearrange if i wanted too. A few years ago I'd have been there. Not sure if it is rebrand or whether other things over past year (mrs in and out of hospital, eldest lad ill etc) have made me realise that football is not be all and end all.

family/close mates a lot more important than football mate.hope yours keep fit and well gareth.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
jtc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
jtc wrote:

family/close mates a lot more important than football mate.hope yours keep fit and well gareth.