Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: the striker that we are getting from the premier league

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am

NJ73 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Now come on, I'm sure if we didn't make an approach, Penney would have quite happily renewed his contract with you, so that counts as a signing directly from you in my book! ;) :lol:

Indeed, but not one the board had control over, which is the point :thumbup:

Your board could have made Penney a better offer to keep him. It seemed your board knew what they were doing mind as Penney was nothing special for us, he probably left his best years behind him with you. I very much doubt we will see any transfers between us in the near future. Only a few seasons ago we loaned Warren Feeney to you, but to be honest, right now you're in a position to take any player from us if you really wanted to. How things have changed in such a small space of time!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Now come on, I'm sure if we didn't make an approach, Penney would have quite happily renewed his contract with you, so that counts as a signing directly from you in my book! ;) :lol:

Your board could have made Penney a better offer to keep him. It seemed your board knew what they were doing mind as Penney was nothing special for us, he probably left his best years behind him with you. I very much doubt we will see any transfers between us in the near future. Only a few seasons ago we loaned Warren Feeney to you, but to be honest, right now you're in a position to take any player from us if you really wanted to. How things have changed in such a small space of time!

They are not in a position to take any player from us are you deluded :roll:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 am

jinks-rct wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

They are not in a position to take any player from us are you deluded :roll:

why?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Did not want to come to Cardiff ...but Hull now in for Campbell -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... up-1472992

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 am

This loan deal is about as likely to come off as the rumour linking us to signing David Villa on loan :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 pm

SCFC wrote:This loan deal is about as likely to come off as the rumour linking us to signing David Villa on loan :lol:

and how would you know?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 pm

ccfcritchie wrote:
SCFC wrote:This loan deal is about as likely to come off as the rumour linking us to signing David Villa on loan :lol:

and how would you know?

He wouldn't

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm

CityGent wrote:
ccfcritchie wrote:

and how would you know?

He wouldn't

Nor does anyone likely to be posting on this or any other messageboard. You can have an opinion, but you wouldn't know.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:He's I'll isn't he? Won't happen as they won't sell him as their other options (excl michu) are pretty dire for that level

Aye, so "dire" we are seventh in the Premier League, with 2/5 of the season gone. If we did loose Michu, we could spend the £30 million on a few other Spanish "unknowns". :-D