Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: the striker that we are getting from the premier league

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 pm

In the Championship, he can finish. That's proven. It's what we need while Maynard is out.

:ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
How was that personal abuse? Im just worried about you and how your life revolves around this forum? Bit sensitive aren't you? No problem understanding your posts, just rejecting them on the basis that you've turned mine into something you wanted it to be. Like I said, desperate. Debate the point about soldado if you want but you choose to be funny / clever and as usual failed miserably.

Look one of these you love so much :thumbup:

Saddo, dull, knobjocky. All clearly meant as compliments I assume then :lol:

Ok, let's backtrack. When you stated
Can't see a player in the champs league leaving for a team that will never play in it
How does that fit in with the fact that we've already signed two players this season that completely contradicts that statement?

Excuse me for assuming a modicum of intelligence on your part. Please let me help you in simpler terms:
I can't see soldado leaving a club playing in the champs league for swansea who will never play in it.

Is that better for you? I may be proved wrong but its my opinion on it. Whoever youve signed in the past is irrelevant as we are talking about soldado. Now please feel free to twist that to read whatever you wish but it only makes you look desperate. But hey, thanks for the feedback and ill make sure I never give you any credit for having any common sense again.

As for nob jockey, I thought that's what NJ stood for? Silly me :lol:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
How was that personal abuse? Im just worried about you and how your life revolves around this forum? Bit sensitive aren't you? No problem understanding your posts, just rejecting them on the basis that you've turned mine into something you wanted it to be. Like I said, desperate. Debate the point about soldado if you want but you choose to be funny / clever and as usual failed miserably.

Can't see a player in the champs league leaving for a team that will never play in it
How does that fit in with the fact that we've already signed two players this season that completely contradicts that statement?

Excuse me for assuming a modicum of intelligence on your part. Please let me help you in simpler terms:
I can't see soldado leaving a club playing in the champs league for swansea who will never play in it.

Is that better for you? I may be proved wrong but its my opinion on it. Whoever youve signed in the past is irrelevant as we are talking about soldado. Now please feel free to twist that to read whatever you wish but it only makes you look desperate. But hey, thanks for the feedback and ill make sure I never give you any credit for having any common sense again.

Ah, so when you stated "a player", you were referring specifically to this player. Whereas of course the statement of "a player" is open ended and refers to any player.

When you actually meant to say was "this player".

Correct use of the English language in future should help avoid such "misunderstandings".

Unless of course you meant any player completely forgetting the fact we'd already signed two.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Graham, Jerome, Vellios.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:55 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Ah, so when you stated "a player", you were referring specifically to this player. Whereas of course the statement of "a player" is open ended and refers to any player.

Correct use of the English language in future should help avoid such "misunderstandings".

Unless of course you meant any player completely forgetting the fact we'd already signed two.

Can you give swansealad a few pointers then :lol:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Errr, so the that fact I posted in direct response to the player being named as Roberto Soldado (please feel free to go back and view for yourself, i even quote the post i was answering) was too difficult for you to relate my comment to him? Wow, I'm stunned. You're worse than I thought :roll:
You really are looking very silly now.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Errr, so the that fact I posted in direct response to the player being named as Roberto Soldado (please feel free to go back and view for yourself, i even quote the post i was answering) was too difficult for you to relate my comment to him? Wow, I'm stunned. You're worse than I thought :roll:

I stand by my previous post unequivocally.

I'm moving on now, you can feel free to continue this discussion with yourself and enjoy having the last word as you always feel the need to do where you claim that you have won the argument as the other person isn't prepared to spend the rest of the night going round in circles being bored to tears by you :thumbup:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I stand by my previous post unequivocally.

I'm moving on now, you can feel free to continue this discussion with yourself and enjoy having the last word as you always feel the need to do where you claim that you have won the argument as the other person isn't prepared to spend the rest of the night going round in circles being bored to tears by you :thumbup:

What a load of drivel, feel better now? Poor attempt by you to avoid admitting you were being a pedantic prick. Alas it doesn't
excuse you. Give my love to mrs nob jockey :lol:

PS I know you're reading this :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 pm

We were interested in this guy,about this time last year :?:

Federico Macheda faces a spell on loan in the Championship if he stays at Manchester United, with Blackpool and Hull both keen, writes the Sunday People.

The Italian striker exploded on to the scene in April 2009 as a 17-year-old rookie.

He scored the deciding goal in a comeback win against Aston Villa that helped knock Liverpool off the top as United marched to the Premier League title.

Click here to read more stories from the Sunday People

Now 21, he has failed to make any impact at Old Trafford and has already been farmed out to Sampdoria in his homeland and QPR.

Last month, Macheda’s agent said the Italy Under-21 forward would quit the
Red Devils in January because of his lack of opportunities.

But new Blackpool chief Michael Appleton is trying to set up a loan deal – with United paying half of Macheda’s wages for the second half of the season.

Hull boss Steve Bruce is also looking at Macheda to boost the Tigers’ promotion push.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:21 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:
NJ73 wrote::lol:

Any truth in you lot getting a 'very well known' Spanish striker in January. Had to laugh as I heard off a jack that it was Roberto soldado.

Your confidence in our ability to qualify for the Champions League is most encouraging. Personally I think it might be next season rather than this :thumbup:

:lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 pm

I wouldn't laugh

The op isn't a million miles away from the truth. Watch this space

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 pm

CityGent wrote:

I wouldn't laugh

And how much are you expecting to pay for him?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm

NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I wouldn't laugh

12.5 pegs and a membership to the Caravan club ought to swing it to us imo.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 pm

NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I wouldn't laugh

It's looking more likely he's becoming surplus to Laudrups requirements

You paid 3.5m for him? Your board would accept that

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm

CityGent wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I wouldn't laugh

Well he's been ill for the last few weeks so hasn't exactly had the chance to impress. He scored tonight for the u21s.

As for £3.5m? I think we'd be after about another £1m north of that and there would be interest from other PL teams.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm

NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I wouldn't laugh

Well he's been ill for the last few weeks so hasn't exactly had the chance to impress. He scored tonight for the u21s.

As for £3.5m? I think we'd be after about another £1m north of that and there would be interest from other PL teams.

I was shocked to hear it too. Things change quickly though but the wheels are in motion

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 pm

CityGent wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I wouldn't laugh

I was shocked to hear it too. Things change quickly though but the wheels are in motion

Sorry, shocked to hear what? :?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 pm

That he's one of our targets

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm

CityGent wrote:That he's one of our targets

I'd be very surprised if we sold him to you, unless there is no one else who comes anywhere near the offer you may make.

I do agree that he is down the pecking order now and with us set to sign a new striker in Jan, he would be available at the right price.

I wouldn't have thought he would pass your managers famous dossier though.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 pm

NJ73 wrote:

I'd be very surprised if we sold him to you, unless there is no one else who comes anywhere near the offer you may make.

I do agree that he is down the pecking order now and with us set to sign a new striker in Jan, he would be available at the right price.

Malky's signed him once before so i'd guess he's happy with him. That is unless he's got worse in the 18 months since Malky managed him?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Why wouldn't Swansea sell him to us? You bid for Jay, had Feeney etc. also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20184598 just because the fans "hate each other" (personally I couldn't care less) doesn't mean the board do.

Graham may have Malky as a preference having worked under and he wouldn't have to move (If he relocated).

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 pm

rb1976 wrote:Why don't you exchange numbers, go and have a pint or two then kick f**k out of each other?

Totally agree, it's pathetic trying to get one over someone you've never met on an internet forum. The jack commented respectfully about the actual topic to be fair, then one of us have to bite as usual and it turns into a cyber war, what a surprise! :roll: :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 pm

RFMH wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Why wouldn't Swansea sell him to us? You bid for Jay, had Feeney etc. also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20184598 just because the fans "hate each other" (personally I couldn't care less) doesn't mean the board do.

Graham may have Malky as a preference having worked under and he wouldn't have to move (If he relocated).

It's very, very rare for direct transfers to happen between the two clubs. I also can't see us being overly keen on assisting your promotion bid.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm

NJ73 wrote:
RFMH wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

It's very, very rare for direct transfers to happen between the two clubs. I also can't see us being overly keen on assisting your promotion bid.

Am I correct in thinking the last permanent transfer between our clubs was when we signed David Penney from you? The fact he was your captain at the time made this a very sweet feeling, but obviously times have since changed! :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
RFMH wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

cant see that being a problem, your chairman has already come out and said it would be good if we got promoted, and money talks at the end of the day.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
RFMH wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Am I correct in thinking the last permanent transfer between our clubs was when we signed David Penney from you? The fact he was your captain at the time made this a very sweet feeling, but obviously times have since changed! :lol:

I think so although Penny was out of contract so that doesn't really count!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
RFMH wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

cant see that being a problem, your chairman has already come out and said it would be good if we got promoted, and money talks at the end of the day.

He didn't mean that obviously!

But you're quite right when you say money talks and I've no doubt that we'd want it all up front as well ;)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm

buy now pay later i reckon :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
RFMH wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

I think so although Penny was out of contract so that doesn't really count!

Now come on, I'm sure if we didn't make an approach, Penney would have quite happily renewed his contract with you, so that counts as a signing directly from you in my book! ;) :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Now come on, I'm sure if we didn't make an approach, Penney would have quite happily renewed his contract with you, so that counts as a signing directly from you in my book! ;) :lol:

Indeed, but not one the board had control over, which is the point :thumbup: