Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why do people feel like the club owes them something?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Really, really pathetic mind set.

You pay for a service. You pay to watch Cardiff City FC whether that be a long term contract (season ticket) or a pay as you go method. (per game when you can).

The club does not owe you anything and never has. Yes loyalty is good but that doesn't mean you deserve something.

You chose to support the club. You chose to spend your money on watching the club. You chose to invest your time in watching the club. No one forced you and the club most certainly did not.

If you do not attend the club will move on. The club will either slide down the table and lose more or go up the table and replace you. Big deal, that is how things go but you are not important.

You are an attendance statistic. That is all we are. You are nothing more than a paying reference number in a database to the club.

The club does not owe me anything and I don't pretend like it does because I pay to watch Cardiff City.

If you don't like the service being provided then sod off, simple. There are alternatives for you.

If you don't like the service provided by Apple you wouldn't use them. Same principle, business is business.

Some people think they are so important. I dont, I just chill and I dont take life seriously at all which you probably know by now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Why do people feel like the club owes them something?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Really, really pathetic mind set.

You pay for a service. You pay to watch Cardiff City FC whether that be a long term contract (season ticket) or a pay as you go method. (per game when you can).

The club does not owe you anything and never has. Yes loyalty is good but that doesn't mean you deserve something.

You chose to support the club. You chose to spend your money on watching the club. You chose to invest your time in watching the club. No one forced you and the club most certainly did not.

If you do not attend the club will move on. The club will either slide down the table and lose more or go up the table and replace you. Big deal, that is how things go but you are not important.

You are an attendance statistic. That is all we are. You are nothing more than a paying reference number in a database to the club.

The club does not owe me anything and I don't pretend like it does because I pay to watch Cardiff City.

If you don't like the service being provided then sod off, simple. There are alternatives for you.

If you don't like the service provided by Apple you wouldn't use them. Same principle, business is business.

Some people think they are so important. I dont, I just chill and I dont take life seriously at all which you probably know by now.

so you dont or havnt at anytime felt a part of cardiff city,,,,have you never seen someone out with a city top on and just had a chat.....thats why people feel a part of it....its called support :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 pm

krabb wrote:so you dont or havnt at anytime felt a part of cardiff city,,,,have you never seen someone out with a city top on and just had a chat.....thats why people feel a part of it....its called support :ayatollah:

Of course i do but that doesn't mean I feel like the club owes me something. I choose to associate with teh club and support the club, not the other way around.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
krabb wrote:so you dont or havnt at anytime felt a part of cardiff city,,,,have you never seen someone out with a city top on and just had a chat.....thats why people feel a part of it....its called support :ayatollah:

Of course i do but that doesn't mean I feel like the club owes me something. I choose to associate with teh club and support the club, not the other way around.

Are you talking about anyone in particular? And exactly what do they 'feel' the club owes them?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:16 pm

I think the club (i.e. the manager/players) owe me (as a season ticket holder) a promise to do the best they can every time they go onto the pitch. I also expect them to act professionally and not to jeopardise the clubs position by acting otherwise (i.e. going on the piss 24 hours before an important game vs. Middlesbrough)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Every post you make is banging on about who's wrong about something, or bringing up problems or whatever. Give over for f**k sake.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Have you been on the ale or summit :?:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

we pay our money...they owe us ....surely :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:37 pm

krabb wrote:

so you dont or havnt at anytime felt a part of cardiff city,,,,have you never seen someone out with a city top on and just had a chat.....thats why people feel a part of it....its called support :ayatollah:

Kevin,
Cardiff City becomes part of our lives and some of us get to fall in love with our club and we support them like you say, they are not a service. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:42 pm

What they owe us, is to do the best they can, on the field of play.
To provide a decent place to see the field of play.
They also have to abide by health and safety rules.

I AM HAPPY WITH THAT. :ayatollah: 8-)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Very true in modern football, we're all just paying customers.

You're an argumentative bugger mind.

Somebody will bite no doubt.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
krabb wrote:

Kevin,
Cardiff City becomes part of our lives and some of us get to fall in love with our club and we support them like you say, they are not a service. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thankyou annis...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: