Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Vale Update (Thursday 29th Nov) "

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

Sorry its a bit late .....

On a freezing cold morning with the sun beaming down doing its best (to no avail) to keep us warm, the first team players had a day off (lucky buggers) but the following all did a full session: Turner, Taylor, Mcnaughton, Conway, kiss, Cowie, Mason, Gestede, John, Lappin and Harris.

Kadeem looked like his injury woes are behind him now and could be a surprise addition to our subs on Sunday.

Mason and Conway stood out for me. Not sure if they had a competition going on between them as they were shooting on sight from all angles and distances and in the main scoring.

Declan John did not look out of place, and must of been very close to starting the Derby game. The last few weeks training and being part of the first team set up has not done him any harm for sure. Won't be long now before he gets his first team debut.

For all those Gestede haters who think he's no good, i recommend you get down to the training ground asap and take a look at him. On Thursday his foot work and ball control was the highlight of the session for me, he was excellent, and in the 2 touch practice his passing and support play was superb as was his defensive work.

Andrew Taylor does not stop talking and laughing and joking in a good way (not disruptive in any way) unlike Ettien Velikonja who comes across as quiet and some what shy (probably still adjusting to his new surroundings)

After training and the rest had gone, Mason and kiss stayed out having shots at our under 21 goal keeper Dave Richards, at the tender age of 18 yrs old the Cwmbran lad is in his 9th year with us, he was throwing himself about making some very good saves from the shots reigning down at him from kiss and mason. Good to see 3 of our younger players putting in that little bit extra, I'm sure they will have very good careers now and in the future due to there commitment.

Finally Tommy Smith was having sprint training in a 1 to 1 session 90% of what he was doing included the ball, however i could see he was itching to join in with the boys in the full training session (privately he admitted it to me as well)

That's all for now hope you all enjoy. Until next time.
[edit 16:36 30/11/12: Merlin]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: vale update (thursday 29th)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

Thanks, Steve.

:thumbup:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

your wellcome pity the first team were not there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am

Good stuff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 am

Love these updates - thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 am

troobloo3339 wrote:your wellcome pity the first team were not there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Avoiding you, so you can't post a report that Dave Jones can read!

:lol:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:09 am

spot on nedd :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am

Very enjoyable read Steve.
Good little insights, thanks mate.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Most pointless thread ever ;)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:sorry its a bit late .....on a freezing cold morning with the sun beaming down doing its best (to no avail) to keep us warm the first team players had a day off (lucky buggers) but the following all did a full session....turner,taylor,mcnoughton,conway,kiss,cowie,mason,gestede,john,lappin and harris....harris looked like his injury woes are behind him now and could be a surprise addition to our subs on sunday ....mason and conway stood out for me ..not sure if they had a competition going on between them ..as they were shooting on site ...from all angles and distances and in the main scoring...declan john did not look out of place...and must of been very close to starting the derby game ..the last few weeks training and being part of the first team set up has not done him any harm for sure ..wont be long now before he gets his first team debut....for all those gestede haters who think hes no good, i reccomend you get down to the training ground asap and take a look at him ..on thursday his foot work and ball control was the highlight of the session for me ..he was excellent ...and in the 2 touch practice his passing and support play was superb as was his defencive work....anthony taylor does not stop talking and laughing and joking in a good way (not disruptive in any way) unlike ettien velikonja who comes across as quiet and some what shy (probably still adjusting to his new surroundings).......after training and the rest had gone..... mason and kiss stayed out having shots at our under 21 goal keeper dave richards, at the tender age of 18yrs old the cwmbran lad is in his 9th year with us ..he was throwing himself about making some very good saves from the shots riegning in at him from kiss and mason ...good to see 3 of our younger players putting in that little bit extra ,im sure they will have very good carreers now and in the future due to there commitment.....finally tommy smith was having sprint training in a 1 to 1 session 90%of what he was doing included the ball ...however i could see he was itching to join in with the boys in the full training session (privatly he admitted it to me as well) thats all for now hope you all enjoy untill next time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anthony Taylor?? who is he Steve?? :D

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Cheers for that, always good to hear about training and that :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Informative ang giving us a real insight into the work the players do there. Look forwards to these positive updates :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:40 pm

andrew andrew andrew andrew andrew and so on 200times oops :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Vale Update (Thursday 29th Nov) "

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you Steve, very much appreciated. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 pm

see you sunday annis in the ninian :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

I love the way our younger players are always striving to be their best. Even Mason and Kiss, regualr first team players still want to improve and work on their game. We really have a squad to be proud of :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice update again Steve, How much is Declans parents giving you for the constant praising of him ;)
Was nice having a chat to Declans Dad and yourself in the Swansea game :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Great update. Good to hear the effort that goes into training.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Anthony Taylor? f*cking PLASTIC!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though love these updates, great as always! Thank you!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Sorry its a bit late .....

On a freezing cold morning with the sun beaming down doing its best (to no avail) to keep us warm, the first team players had a day off (lucky buggers) but the following all did a full session: Turner, Taylor, Mcnaughton, Conway, kiss, Cowie, Mason, Gestede, John, Lappin and Harris.

Kadeem looked like his injury woes are behind him now and could be a surprise addition to our subs on Sunday.

Mason and Conway stood out for me. Not sure if they had a competition going on between them as they were shooting on sight from all angles and distances and in the main scoring.

Declan John did not look out of place, and must of been very close to starting the Derby game. The last few weeks training and being part of the first team set up has not done him any harm for sure. Won't be long now before he gets his first team debut.

For all those Gestede haters who think he's no good, i recommend you get down to the training ground asap and take a look at him. On Thursday his foot work and ball control was the highlight of the session for me, he was excellent, and in the 2 touch practice his passing and support play was superb as was his defensive work.

Andrew Taylor does not stop talking and laughing and joking in a good way (not disruptive in any way) unlike Ettien Velikonja who comes across as quiet and some what shy (probably still adjusting to his new surroundings)

After training and the rest had gone, Mason and kiss stayed out having shots at our under 21 goal keeper Dave Richards, at the tender age of 18 yrs old the Cwmbran lad is in his 9th year with us, he was throwing himself about making some very good saves from the shots reigning down at him from kiss and mason. Good to see 3 of our younger players putting in that little bit extra, I'm sure they will have very good careers now and in the future due to there commitment.

Finally Tommy Smith was having sprint training in a 1 to 1 session 90% of what he was doing included the ball, however i could see he was itching to join in with the boys in the full training session (privately he admitted it to me as well)

That's all for now hope you all enjoy. Until next time.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great update cheers! :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Keep them coming Steve :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:19 pm

i will defo keep them coming as it seems they are well liked and i know we as fans like to get info about our team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i will defo keep them coming as it seems they are well liked and i know we as fans like to get info about our team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top man. ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Great report.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

:ayatollah:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Should train with them now :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:22 pm

you obviously have never met me .... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:23 pm

For all those Gestede haters who think he's no good, i recommend you get down to the training ground asap and take a look at him. On Thursday his foot work and ball control was the highlight of the session for me, he was excellent, and in the 2 touch practice his passing and support play was superb as was his defensive work..........................................One thing doing it on the training ground,another thing doing it in an actual match...............hes not good enough at this level(my opinion)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 pm

well your intitled to your oppinion but being used as a 2nd half sub is not really giving him a chance to get into the game ...especially as we usually just hump high balls up to him ...by the way he does win a lot in the air if you watch closely with an open mind ....for me too many have made up there minds and wont back track :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:well your intitled to your oppinion but being used as a 2nd half sub is not really giving him a chance to get into the game ...especially as we usually just hump high balls up to him ...by the way he does win a lot in the air if you watch closely with an open mind ....for me too many have made up there minds and wont back track :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:45 pm

cheers nedd ...oh and by the way malky supposed to pick the team from what he sees on the training pitch ....maybe thats why he prefers gestede over velinkonja????????????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: