Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SEND ONE BUS TO LEEDS

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 pm

If it is a total boycott then they need no police and far less stewards and they save money.

By sending one bus, they will need the same amount of police and stewards and it will cost them a fortune, they will have to protect our fans and segregate, so they get all the cost all the hassle and no revenue.

Not only that, but even though I attend most away games, I would willingly miss this one, but there are some people who deserve the chance, and someone like Vince and the club will have records, there are a few people who barring Wolves haven't missed a game for decades, they should be allowed to go, and in fact it would be a nice gesture if the club paid for them a s a thank you. :old:

Re: SEND ONE BUS TO LEEDS

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Very good idea Gwyn, but a total boycott would hit home a lot more than a handful of fans.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Very good idea Gwyn, but a total boycott would hit home a lot more than a handful of fans.

I don't think Leeds would care tbh

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Very good idea Gwyn, but a total boycott would hit home a lot more than a handful of fans.

It is highly unlikely we will get a total boycott reading some of the threads on here today.

The club wont return the tickets and there will be people wanting to go regardless of the crap thrown at us.

Personally I think it is a good idea and even better if those going take banners into the ground.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 pm

No, but media would jump on it more so than if a handful of fans still went.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:No, but media would jump on it more so than if a handful of fans still went.

It would create some attention but it would soon be forgotten.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Total boycott or there in numbers.

Anything in between will just get the Leeds fans baulking at our support.

I understand some fans like to keep records going concerning away support but if there is a complaint concerning how we are being treated by Leeds, surely THOSE fans should be the most annoyed and join a boycott if there was one.

My record was broke by the ban at Wolves a few years back so didn't let it worry me after that.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 pm

BigGwynram wrote:If it is a total boycott then they need no police and far less stewards and they save money.

By sending one bus, they will need the same amount of police and stewards and it will cost them a fortune, they will have to protect our fans and segregate, so they get all the cost all the hassle and no revenue.

Not only that, but even though I attend most away games, I would willingly miss this one, but there are some people who deserve the chance, and someone like Vince and the club will have records, there are a few people who barring Wolves haven't missed a game for decades, they should be allowed to go, and in fact it would be a nice gesture if the club paid for them a s a thank you. :old:

:ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Reading the past storys on it last year I was still willing to make my first trip to Elland Road this year but now with the kick off it puts me off. The one thing that kept this trip open was the kick off but now the price, kick off and treatment from stewards puts me off. Saving my money and put it towards Huddersfield and Wolves.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Send dai hunt and grippo and put them in the directors box.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm

if as i think you will be right up there in the top 2 if not at the top . do you really think for 1 min that you lot will stay away? no chance! you will attend as would be or should be title contenders in numbers 1 bus no way i dont think so..its yours to lose this yr lads ..oh and we got new owners now the set up may be diff to last yr..

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Leeds ha ha the side is week and even the muslim boys from cross gates east leeds gave your racist crew a going over.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 am

Send up one bus yes. But better still send up an empty bus. All the police costs for an empty bus.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 am

Send up one bus yes. But better still send up an empty bus. All the police costs for an empty bus.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 am

I was thinking exactly the same. They don't want us there and will save them money if we boycott. Police costs will be huge given the early KO think they have to pay for 2 shifts? Anyway sending one bus with fans who don't want ot miss a game would be bigger statement than a boycott. Or even go to Leeds and not go to the game police can't stop that! Players would need to be aware of whats going on so don't feel unsupported, could even help a seige mentallity.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 am

andy 189 wrote:if as i think you will be right up there in the top 2 if not at the top . do you really think for 1 min that you lot will stay away? no chance! you will attend as would be or should be title contenders in numbers 1 bus no way i dont think so..its yours to lose this yr lads ..oh and we got new owners now the set up may be diff to last yr..

Welsh boy TV supporting a Yorkshire team has missed the point again.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 am

even 5-6 years ago Cardiff would have just said f**k it then, just go up there drink in the pubs, go on train, mini bus, car coaches make it awkward for them, dont have to go to the game if you dont want to if you want to go, or everyone just get to the ground stand around and be in the way.. I dont know what else to say but this boycott rubbish wont work it will make leeds and the old bills day a piece of cake and they will do the same every year then. They know Cardiff dont really take a mob of lads away anymore there not worried about us, there more worried about thousands of leeds who hang around after/before the game, If we are not there it makes there job easy

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 am

Think you missed the point, a total boycott will mean they have no police or stewarding costs, by sending a few it will hit them hard in the pocket.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:52 am

BigGwynram wrote:

Think you missed the point, a total boycott will mean they have no police or stewarding costs, by sending a few it will hit them hard in the pocket.

Send one bus with two fans and a banner, fire certificate etc. and just put a statement on it, nothing abusive, just "we have boycotted due to poor treatment" or something like that. Job done.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 am

BigGwynram wrote:

You've missed my point. One bus full of fans will make us look like we've shit support, a total boycott will save them money, but also get our voice heard a lot more effectively.

The media will get on it more with a total boycott.

Depends what your aim is - if it's to annoy Leeds and make them pay for police and stewarding costs - then send one bus.

If you're aim is to get a voice heard and show people we won't stand for the poor treatment - a total boycott will be more effective.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Send one bus with two fans and a banner, fire certificate etc. and just put a statement on it, nothing abusive, just "we have boycotted due to poor treatment" or something like that. Job done.

Alternatively, seven fans, wearing t-shirts with letters on, spelling B O Y C O T T.