Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea fan (mate of mine) never going to watch them again

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 pm

My mate at university supports Swansea. Always a good laugh and has supported them all of his life but has said this year is the final straw for him because of the Premier League plastics loitering around the club who support other teams.

He went to the Liverpool game where Swansea drew 0-0 and he said the Swansea end was full of plastic Liverpool fans from South Wales who had bought tickets in the home end and he overheard a group in front of them saying not to cheer if Liverpool scored because there would be murder.

The stewards were alerted in the stadium by a mate of his but because it couldn't be proved that they were Liverpool fans there was no reasonable grounds to eject them from the stadium. :roll: (i.e. no Liverpool shirt on)

So he's had enough now and is not going to watch them anymore because this has become a common thing at the Liberty over the last year or so and the plastics are filtering in amongst the Swansea fans in full flow to watch their 'beloved' Premiership teams.

So Swansea are losing their real fans and they're being replaced by fans of Premiership fans from South Wales who want to see their side on the cheap. The type of fans who would never step foot in the Liberty again if Swansea were relegated.

Its a shame. As much as I dislike the Jacks I actually feel sorry for them.

Re: Swansea fan (mate of mine) never going to watch them aga

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 pm

:lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Oh please don't feel sorry for us :lol: :lol:

Who cares what your pretend 'mate' thinks.He's probably a c**t anyway.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 pm

My mates dad was a typical Liverpool fan (never went to games, just bought the odd shirt/coat) until Swansea went up.

Now he's a season ticket holder at Swansea to watch "all the big sides" - what a Grade A Bellend.

Would no doubt happen to us too.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 pm

:lol: you aren't going to catch many fish like that.

Only 10% of the attendance are not season ticket holders or away fans, and those 10% that are able to buy match day tickets have to have enough points by going to all the games previous in the prem campaign.

So if a Liverpool fan wanted a ticket for the game he'd either have to pay £500 odd for it by buying a season ticket - and only then if he had been to most of the previous years games.

They will know your post is fishing before they finish reading. It's simply impossible and they will obviously know this.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:My mates dad was a typical Liverpool fan (never went to games, just bought the odd shirt/coat) until Swansea went up.

Now he's a season ticket holder at Swansea to watch "all the big sides" - what a Grade A Bellend.

He must have accrued enough points in the previous seasons to get one then? Or are you lying? :D

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm

the jacks are on here cos if posts like this!... everyone's had enough of them but then idiots like you will write such dribble/pointless posts that invite them on here!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Couldn't care less.

Our fans are getting as obsessed about them as they are about us.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:25 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:My mates dad was a typical Liverpool fan (never went to games, just bought the odd shirt/coat) until Swansea went up.

He must have accrued enough points in the previous seasons to get one then? Or are you lying? :D

No, I'm not lying. He's got one in the hospitality sections from what he tells me.

He's not the only one either, I know 2 others who have now got season tickets and never really went before.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 pm

So the Jack fans that come on here to wind us up are more than probable plastic fans ? Hmmmmmmm answers a lot that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Image

Not only do you have 6 fingers, but a ridiculous nose too.

No wonder your mother was ashamed of you.. :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

I was pointing out that you're lying about your mates dad.You knew that of course.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

No, I'm not lying. He's got one in the hospitality sections from what he tells me.

He's not the only one either, I know 2 others who have now got season tickets and never really went before.

Well then either he's lying, you are lying or he's followed them avidly prior to purchasing a season ticket.

I'm just telling you how it is.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And here's the other liar pretending to laugh at his lying mate because your thread is dog shit :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Similar situation to a dad and his boy a few doors down. "Big" Man United fans and never heard them once talk about Swansea until they went up, they've been season ticket holders since their promotion.

Wankers.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I know a numbers of Jacks that use to go but don't now. The reason being none of them were STs but could always get in when they had low crowds in the Championship. Now they struggle to get a ticket thanks to these new fans that have appearred on the scene.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Is this your passport photo?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Oh please don't feel sorry for us :lol: :lol:

Who cares what your pretend 'mate' thinks.He's probably a c**t anyway.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:51 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

Well then either he's lying, you are lying or he's followed them avidly prior to purchasing a season ticket.

I'm just telling you how it is.

Incorrect.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 pm

My mate is a season ticket holder at Manchester United and has been for 10 years plus. His dad used to go down the Jacks 20 plus years ago, and had'nt been since. As soon as they went up he got a season ticket, easy as that! he didnt even go to the playoff final. You cant tell me that all those fans are Swansea fans, its funny how they go from 15 k to sell out crowds! :old:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:My mate is a season ticket holder at Manchester United and has been for 10 years plus. His dad used to go down the Jacks 20 plus years ago, and had'nt been since. As soon as they went up he got a season ticket, easy as that! he didnt even go to the playoff final. You cant tell me that all those fans are Swansea fans, its funny how they go from 15 k to sell out crowds! :old:

Easy as that!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28814400/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-13638629

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:My mate is a season ticket holder at Manchester United and has been for 10 years plus. His dad used to go down the Jacks 20 plus years ago, and had'nt been since. As soon as they went up he got a season ticket, easy as that! he didnt even go to the playoff final. You cant tell me that all those fans are Swansea fans, its funny how they go from 15 k to sell out crowds! :old:

We went from 13k - 20k odd on the back of the fa cup are you suggesting most of us aren't real too?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote: You cant tell me that all those fans are Swansea fans, its funny how they go from 15 k to sell out crowds! :old:

You do realise that we'd sold out the Liberty before we got to the PL.don't you?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 pm

In all fairness your mate needs to man up.. what else do you expect when you get to the prem? Of course you're going to get plastics. Deal with it.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Easy as that!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28814400/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-13638629

They sold out because they only come to see Man United and the big teams

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:

We went from 13k - 20k odd on the back of the fa cup are you suggesting most of us aren't real too?

no doubt, we had more fans from our FA cup run. But we didnt go up for people see Man United teams like that, we stayed in the same league. Also, we moved to a bigger and better stadium that season. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Blue_Lloyd wrote: You cant tell me that all those fans are Swansea fans, its funny how they go from 15 k to sell out crowds! :old:

You do realise that we'd sold out the Liberty before we got to the PL.don't you?

When Play off semi final? or heineken cup?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:21 pm

6 bysedd wrote:

No you didn't.