Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Asset or Liability (Bellars)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 pm

The question is with a £35K weekly wage bill are we seeing any return on this from Bellars. Two, possibly three good performances, being out injured more than fit, is his head on for the job we want. With Maynard out many of us thought that Bellars would be put into that role and would be ripping up defences for fun. I would state that up to this point it just aint happened.

Re: Asset or Liability (Bellars)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Whistler wrote:The question is with a £35K weekly wage bill are we seeing any return on this from Bellars. Two, possibly three good performances, being out injured more than fit, is his head on for the job we want. With Maynard out many of us thought that Bellars would be put into that role and would be ripping up defences for fun. I would state that up to this point it just aint happened.

We still love him, though. He has been - and will be - an asset to our club.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Asset

/thread

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Whistler wrote:The question is with a £35K weekly wage bill are we seeing any return on this from Bellars. Two, possibly three good performances, being out injured more than fit, is his head on for the job we want. With Maynard out many of us thought that Bellars would be put into that role and would be ripping up defences for fun. I would state that up to this point it just aint happened.

I think he will make the difference then it's going to matter

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm

It mattered at Derby when he was clear with only the keeper to beat. His effort was not even on target which is well below his standard. When playing away you only get chances like that once and Bellers should be putting those away.

Is he an asset or liabiliy? At the moment edging on being a liability.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:41 pm

The place buzzes when he comes on, or takes a corner in front of a section of fans etc, so for me that equals asset

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm

If he stays fit, i think he wil come into his own at the business end of the season, from february onwards. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:43 pm

neeball wrote:The place buzzes when he comes on, or takes a corner in front of a section of fans etc, so for me that equals asset

For 35k a week you think it represents value to have some people cheer at a corner kick?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
neeball wrote:The place buzzes when he comes on, or takes a corner in front of a section of fans etc, so for me that equals asset

For 35k a week you think it represents value to have some people cheer at a corner kick?

Yawn

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

Yawn

Pawn

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

Yawn

Pawn

Scorn

Zzzzzzz

Dawn

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Zzzzzzz

Rrrrrrr

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Zzzzzz

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Rrrrrrrr

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

Yawn

Pawn

Scorn

Can I play?

Or is just you're 2's game? :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:

Good piont which could have only been made better by you if you were standing in front of some heavy oncoming traffic while you made it!

Point being made is it's better to have Bellamy in our tent pissing out rather than the other way around!
The guy's class no disputing that!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Whitchurchbluebird wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

Good piont which could have only been made better by you if you were standing in front of some heavy oncoming traffic while you made it!

Point being made is it's better to have Bellamy in our tent pissing out rather than the other way around!
The guy's class no disputing that!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:02 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:

No. Was worth it when he scored a last minute winner in your rivals back yard though. :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

£35 k pw... Minus the revenue of shirts sold with 39 Bellamy on back.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:It mattered at Derby when he was clear with only the keeper to beat. His effort was not even on target which is well below his standard. When playing away you only get chances like that once and Bellers should be putting those away.

If that was the one that he took as it dropped over his shoulder I was right in
line with it. the ball just got away from him slightly and he was reaching for
it. He was unlucky

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:It mattered at Derby when he was clear with only the keeper to beat. His effort was not even on target which is well below his standard. When playing away you only get chances like that once and Bellers should be putting those away.

Agree and normally he would. He can't be perfect every time though.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:13 pm

:lol: striker in missed chance shocker :lol: