Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swanseas Atmosphere

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Talking to a mate of mine who is a Welsh football fan rather than club specific, he follow's Wales internationals and watches all the south wales club teams on an ad hoc basis. He commented on the train earlier how in his opinion the atmosphere generated at Swansea is much much better than our stadium. In fact he said it puts ours to shame. Why is this ? surely we are just as passionate supporters is it the rebrand, the apathy whats killing it ? is it the documented ends that need switiching as the gippos main lads seem next to away fans does this help give it an "edge". You could argue we have fans next to away fans but they dont bounce around . Is that due to stewarding at the club threatening our lads with bans.

One thing for sure when we followed city in lower divisions on the rare occurance we may top a division the chant "we are top of the league" was chanted with passion and pride. Now it seems to be taken for granted, :(

Re: Swanseas Atmosphere

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Their support is generated, a lot are new fans who go to experience Premier League football and see the big teams(before Swansea fans have a go at me, it happens at a lot of clubs not just theirs) they have a drum, goal music and the announcer bangs on and gets them in the mood, with us it's just a plain come on support the boys and make some noise, we have no drum, goal music or that, also add the fact Swansea aren't playing with any pressure, Swansea fans don't expect them to succeed, just accept mid table, with us we're on our toes every game expecting a win because we want promotion, if we get promoted the atmosphere will improve.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Nothing to do with the opposition, they get sell outs against reading and Wigan.

They have always been loud fans. They have a sense of identity and they all have the same philosophies in football and don't get on the teams back if they aren't 5-0 up at half time.

We expect a ridiculous amount for a club not been in the top flight for half a century and only seem to generate a decent atmosphere when winning.

No idea what your point regarding goal music is though.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:Nothing to do with the opposition, they get sell outs against reading and Wigan.

They have always been loud fans. They have a sense of identity and they all have the same philosophies in football and don't get on the teams back if they aren't 5-0 up at half time.

We expect a ridiculous amount for a club not been in the top flight for half a century and only seem to generate a decent atmosphere when winning.

f**k off back to Planet Swamp, the only thing worse than a Jack on a Cardiff board is a Jack on a Cardiff board pretending to be a Cardiff fan.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Rape is pretty bad, surprising you don't feel that worse but hey.

As for the content of your accusation, does this mean you disagree with what I've said? As its actually largely made up of fact that an be researched via google or any search engine if wished.

Didnt realise so many people are adverse to saying the truth here, you have to pretend swans got there by luck while having sound pumped into the stadium and its a conspiracy with the refs that let them win ..... otherwise you are a jack. Very odd indeed.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:00 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:Nothing to do with the opposition, they get sell outs against reading and Wigan.

f**k off back to Planet Swamp, the only thing worse than a Jack on a Cardiff board is a Jack on a Cardiff board pretending to be a Cardiff fan.

This ^^^^

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
BluebirdJoe wrote:

This.... is a bitter nonsensical post asking for conjecture rather than fact^

Agreed

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
BluebirdJoe wrote:

Agreed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91k62cyiIY

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
BluebirdJoe wrote:

Agreed

You are a sad tedious little troll. Grow up ffs.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WEgKeDsjLrU

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
BluebirdJoe wrote:

Agreed

You are a sad tedious little troll. Grow up ffs.

Your definition of a troll seems a little off the mark, a troll posts inflammatory content to get a rise. There is nothing inflammatory about saying Swansea sell out against Wigan in a thread relating to the subject, I'm afraid it's a fact. Are BBC news inflammatory when they list the attendances? No.

As for the other two non Internet based attempted insults, as you don't know me they are rejected.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Goal music is a no go.

Any team who has it deserves to go bust, embarassing. I hope Swansea, Reading and all other teams go bust.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Goal music is a no go.

Any team who has it deserves to go bust, embarassing. I hope Swansea, Reading and all other teams go bust.

I don't think goal music has any relation to finances but that's an awful waste of genuine hope there, channel your energies elsewhere, hate gets you nowhere.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:15 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:

I don't think goal music has any relation to finances but that's an awful waste of genuine hope there, channel your energies elsewhere, hate gets you nowhere.

They deserve to go under.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:

They deserve to go under.

If any team deserves to go under its certainly not them.

A credit to the footballing world financially over the last decade.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

subbuteoman wrote:Talking to a mate of mine who is a Welsh football fan rather than club specific, he follow's Wales internationals and watches all the south wales club teams on an ad hoc basis. He commented on the train earlier how in his opinion the atmosphere generated at Swansea is much much better than our stadium. In fact he said it puts ours to shame. Why is this ? surely we are just as passionate supporters is it the rebrand, the apathy whats killing it ? is it the documented ends that need switiching as the gippos main lads seem next to away fans does this help give it an "edge". You could argue we have fans next to away fans but they dont bounce around . Is that due to stewarding at the club threatening our lads with bans.

One thing for sure when we followed city in lower divisions on the rare occurance we may top a division the chant "we are top of the league" was chanted with passion and pride. Now it seems to be taken for granted, :(

Easy. Our fans are better than yours.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:19 pm

To be fair, their support looked good on MOTD last night.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm

RM. Chuckle. Angelis etc etc. Yawn, Zzzzzzzzz

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

I've said this many times on here, the Liberty atmosphere is great these days, but it wasn't always like this. We had the odd game here and there where it was good, but not always.

It came about with building new memories, League one champions, the play-off matches, eventually it clicked. Can't put an exact moment but it took time for all the pieces to fall into place. The like minded sections of the crowd all have their places sorted these days which helps, but it didn't happen overnight.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

Got bored halfway through writing your fantasy shag list?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 pm

scotsjack wrote:I've said this many times on here, the Liberty atmosphere is great these days, but it wasn't always like this. We had the odd game here and there where it was good, but not always.

It came about with building new memories, League one champions, the play-off matches, eventually it clicked. Can't put an exact moment but it took time for all the pieces to fall into place. The like minded sections of the crowd all have their places sorted these days which helps, but it didn't happen overnight.

the only jack on this board that i actually agree with!... the fact he doesn't post such dribble and bullshit makes him AAMB Jack Poster no.1 2012 :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Fair play to swansea for holding their own in the Prem and atmosphere seems good, but goal music is embarrassing and still makes them look like a mickey mouse club. It was cringworthy on MOTD last night. Though to be fair it annoys me when swansea score anyhow so the music just seems that much worse

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 pm

FinancialAdvisor wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Zzzzzzzz

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:40 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
FinancialAdvisor wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Zzzzzzzz

Jay z?

Interesting one I guess.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Zzzzzzz

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Zoro? Into the whole mask thing?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Yawn

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Yawn

Pawn

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Their support is generated, a lot are new fans who go to experience Premier League football and see the big teams(before Swansea fans have a go at me, it happens at a lot of clubs not just theirs) they have a drum, goal music and the announcer bangs on and gets them in the mood, with us it's just a plain come on support the boys and make some noise, we have no drum, goal music or that, also add the fact Swansea aren't playing with any pressure, Swansea fans don't expect them to succeed, just accept mid table, with us we're on our toes every game expecting a win because we want promotion, if we get promoted the atmosphere will improve.

Our atmosphere was better in the Championship than yours was/is.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Milfy_Sigurdsson wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:Their support is generated, a lot are new fans who go to experience Premier League football and see the big teams(before Swansea fans have a go at me, it happens at a lot of clubs not just theirs) they have a drum, goal music and the announcer bangs on and gets them in the mood, with us it's just a plain come on support the boys and make some noise, we have no drum, goal music or that, also add the fact Swansea aren't playing with any pressure, Swansea fans don't expect them to succeed, just accept mid table, with us we're on our toes every game expecting a win because we want promotion, if we get promoted the atmosphere will improve.

Our atmosphere was better in the Championship than yours was/is.

I went to every City game at your Rugby stadium and the atmosphere was nothing special, especially after the novleyt of the first couple of encounters were out of the way.
The accoustics at the CCS arent great in my opinion, the way the club has set the ground up with the family stand next to away fans is another killer, the over zealous stewarding is another killer, the amount of supporters, who are kill joys who have plonked themselves in Ninian 117/118 is a further killer. All these reasons make for a crap atmosphere. However, against Borough, there were signs that the atmosphere was improving.