Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Vettel to be stripped of world title...

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 pm

:o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638

Sorry if its been posted

Re: O/T Vettel to be stripped of world title...

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Shame if it ended like that, been a great season... Rules are rules though.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 am

If you watch the video, Vettel had crossed the line before overtaking. The line separates the sectors which the flags apply to: the first sector was yellow flag and the second green. On that basis, he has done nothing wrong. He may have been advancing under yellow flag but didn't overtake until on green flag. Good vision and awareness from Vettel if you ask me.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 am

jackland_bluebird wrote:If you watch the video, Vettel had crossed the line before overtaking. The line separates the sectors which the flags apply to: the first sector was yellow flag and the second green. On that basis, he has done nothing wrong. He may have been advancing under yellow flag but didn't overtake until on green flag. Good vision and awareness from Vettel if you ask me.

You're wrong - it's the Marshall posts themselves that designate the "sections" covered by a particular flag, not painted lines. Drivers are sat so low that they cannot see painted lines very well.

However, this piece of footage proves that Vettel made the overtake after passing a Marshall post with a green flag flying.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/121128/xq7wq2yp.gif

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 am

So what you are saying then is that a yellow flag does not last until the end of a sector then? As you said the drivers can still see the lines (albeit not very well) and therefore the flag is in place to reiterate the end of a sector if conditions are different in the next sector. You say I'm wrong yet agree with me in the same post. :roll:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 am

jackland_bluebird wrote:If you watch the video, Vettel had crossed the line before overtaking. The line separates the sectors which the flags apply to: the first sector was yellow flag and the second green. On that basis, he has done nothing wrong. He may have been advancing under yellow flag but didn't overtake until on green flag. Good vision and awareness from Vettel if you ask me.

A yellow flag is only ended when a green flag is waved, regardless of sector.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

jackland_bluebird wrote:So what you are saying then is that a yellow flag does not last until the end of a sector then? As you said the drivers can still see the lines (albeit not very well) and therefore the flag is in place to reiterate the end of a sector if conditions are different in the next sector. You say I'm wrong yet agree with me in the same post. :roll:

Lines do NOT govern sectors on a race track regarding Marshall posts.

The section of each track is broken up by the Marshall posts themselves, Seb would not have been allowed to pass until he passed a Marshall post displaying a green flag.

It has nothing to do with lines on the race track at all.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 am

well thats inconclusive surely, its now wether the FIA have the balls to enforce its own ruling or make a mockery of them.