Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: signatures needed to free soldier

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Merlin wrote:Danny Nightingale is now a free man. Reduced to 12 months and suspended.

Excellent news, good to see that public opinion is taking into consideration

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
corky wrote:http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/secure-the-release-of-an-unfairly-jailed-war-hero

I think this is a cause worth our support.

its nice to see they havent mentioned the weapon was still live (as far as I know since Dunblane school massacre, owning a weapon like this is illegal), also they found 300 rounds of live ammunition with it.
Now if I was caught with that I would have an automatic 5 year prison sentence. An 18 month military detention is very soft and he should count himself lucky.
SAS soldier or not you are not allowed to break the law and if you do you should be punished.
Take away war hero in the headlines and people would be asking some serious questions.

The law, like you is an ass!
You're a very, very pathetic little, little man.
I do pity you. tut! Tut! Tut!

why what have I said that is untrue?
what do you think would happen to you if you were caught with a handgun and 300 rounds of ammunition.
if this was a black kid in London we wouldnt be having this conversation.
Military personnel are not outside the law, Im not, your not. The law has to stand.
He probably wont lose his job when he leaves Colchester, every effort will be made to house his family in the area, if they cant they will offer financial assistance for travel.
This guy is luckier than he thinks.

What a ridiculous comparison

How can you compare a case where these boxes had remained unopened, he was a serving
soldier, and had been given the gun as a gift, boxes packed in his absence.

to a 'black kid in London'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its a fair comparison, like it or not
if a kid (ill leave the black out lets be politically correct) had a handgun in his possession with 300 rounds of ammunition, we wouldnt be asking how it got there we would be more concerned with why hes got it and he would receive a minimum 5 year sentence and automatically assume it was for criminal activity.
you can see this with Ricardo Mckenzie, serving soldier with weapons brought home as war trophies, similar to this SAS soldier except Mckenzie is serving 10 years sentenced in August 2012, because why else would you have weapons other than for criminal activity.
So what makes this SAS soldier different?
You cant differentiate between soldier and civilian, otherwise Mckenzie wouldnt be in prison.
Are you saying SAS soldiers are more professional than regular servicemen? or is the SAS above the law in this country?
The man broke the law but instead of getting 5 years plus he was given 18 months, with a reasonable chance that he will still have his job when he leaves Colchester. Considering he committed one of the more serious crimes in this country, 18 months is as good a slap on the wrist as your ever going to get.

Lets face it though you will never agree with me, so lets just leave it at that because I really dont want to be arguing with you for hours. Sign the petition if you want to. I wont be the law is absolute, there are no exceptions, he admitted his guilt he will and has received a punishment.

I wont sign it anyway?

You were talking absolute f*cking bollocks about the 'black kids in London'

Scenario One is of a decorated serviceman, awarded the weapon by grateful Iraqis
and his oppos packed it away for him in his belongings. Shouldnt be there. No argument.
But there were extenuating circumstances, obviously. The point being that it was unlikely
he had that gun for anything else other than a keepsake.

Black kid, sink estate London, found with a gun in his house. Do behave.

White kid, sink Estate Liverpool, found with a gun in house. Same.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:21 pm

inthebowls wrote:
corky wrote:http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/secure-the-release-of-an-unfairly-jailed-war-hero

I think this is a cause worth our support.

done :ayatollah:

and me

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:29 pm

cheers lads, he is a free man and in my opinion that is the right thing to have happened....each to their own opinion

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:40 pm

[/quote]

The point being that it was unlikely

[/quote]

How can you make such an assumption

I could say to you that its equally as likely that 10 years down the line he might flip from PTSD, pull out
this weapon and go on a shooting spree killing innocent people after he lost his mind.

Anyway the weapon was found, he's obviously now a free man so lets just hope that lessons are learned.

:ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 pm

All he got was 18 months in Colchester?

Lucky man.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Being in the armed forces does not give you immunity from the law. They'd say exactly the same thing themselves.

As per usual, I agree with you.

I'm an agreeable chap ;)

How did the application go? Did they manage to find the bloody thing? :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Just a small point,I assume he was given a dual identity after he left the sas isn't that blown now it's all in the public eye.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 pm

I wont sign it anyway?

Scenario One is of a decorated serviceman, awarded the weapon by grateful Iraqis
and his oppos packed it away for him in his belongings. Shouldnt be there. No argument.
But there were extenuating circumstances, obviously. The point being that it was unlikely

White kid, sink Estate Liverpool, found with a gun in house. Same.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I suggest you get another petition going then for Ricardo Mckenzie

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Forme ... 7246741786

10 years for holding firearms 7 years for ammunition offences, both sentences to run concurrently,compared to 18 months for similar circumstances. Where is the difference, you tell me.

Sgt Danny Nightingale, hero public outrage over 18 month sentence for bringing a weapon and ammunition home as a trophy.

Ricardo Mckenzie, dangerous criminal who returned from Iraq with his trophies and given 2 sentences 1 of 10 years the other 7 years.

Care to explain to me what the difference is?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Being in the armed forces does not give you immunity from the law. They'd say exactly the same thing themselves.

As per usual, I agree with you.

I'm an agreeable chap ;)

How did the application go? Did they manage to find the bloody thing? :lol:

Pfft nope. I think I'm going to move on with my life now and go to college.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 am

legal morality.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am

JONNY012697 wrote:I wont sign it anyway?

White kid, sink Estate Liverpool, found with a gun in house. Same.
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I suggest you get another petition going then for Ricardo Mckenzie

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Forme ... 7246741786

10 years for holding firearms 7 years for ammunition offences, both sentences to run concurrently,compared to 18 months for similar circumstances. Where is the difference, you tell me.

Sgt Danny Nightingale, hero public outrage over 18 month sentence for bringing a weapon and ammunition home as a trophy.

Ricardo Mckenzie, dangerous criminal who returned from Iraq with his trophies and given 2 sentences 1 of 10 years the other 7 years.

Care to explain to me what the difference is?[/quote]

Honest to God. Your obsession with colour is embarrassing :lol:

The white feller? I wouldnt sign the petition. If his defence is 'mental problems' then f**k me
he should not have a weapon. The extenuating circumstances had to be taken into consideration
but to be perfectly honest, he knew the law. Our troops have it drummed into them not to bring
weapons back.

The black feller. THREE weapons AND a Kalashnikov, with dum-dum bullets?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you cant see the difference???

God help us all. :?