Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

signatures needed to free soldier

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 pm

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/s ... d-war-hero

I think this is a cause worth our support.

Re: signatures needed to free soldier

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:08 pm

corky wrote:http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/secure-the-release-of-an-unfairly-jailed-war-hero

its nice to see they havent mentioned the weapon was still live (as far as I know since Dunblane school massacre, owning a weapon like this is illegal), also they found 300 rounds of live ammunition with it.
Now if I was caught with that I would have an automatic 5 year prison sentence. An 18 month military detention is very soft and he should count himself lucky.
SAS soldier or not you are not allowed to break the law and if you do you should be punished.
Take away war hero in the headlines and people would be asking some serious questions.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
corky wrote:http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/secure-the-release-of-an-unfairly-jailed-war-hero

its nice to see they havent mentioned the weapon was still live (as far as I know since Dunblane school massacre, owning a weapon like this is illegal), also they found 300 rounds of live ammunition with it.
Now if I was caught with that I would have an automatic 5 year prison sentence. An 18 month military detention is very soft and he should count himself lucky.
SAS soldier or not you are not allowed to break the law and if you do you should be punished.
Take away war hero in the headlines and people would be asking some serious questions.

The law, like you is an ass!
You're a very, very pathetic little, little man.
I do pity you. tut! Tut! Tut!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

why what have I said that is untrue?
what do you think would happen to you if you were caught with a handgun and 300 rounds of ammunition.
if this was a black kid in London we wouldnt be having this conversation.
Military personnel are not outside the law, Im not, your not. The law has to stand.
He probably wont lose his job when he leaves Colchester, every effort will be made to house his family in the area, if they cant they will offer financial assistance for travel.
This guy is luckier than he thinks.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Strange story

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh and before we think this soldier should be exempt from the law where is Ricardo McKenzie's petition (former soldier having served in the Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment) because hes currently serving a 10 year custodial sentence for the exact same offence.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

what do you think would happen to you if you were caught with a handgun and 300 rounds of ammunition.
Military personnel are not outside the law, Im not, your not. The law has to stand.
He probably wont lose his job when he leaves Colchester, every effort will be made to house his family in the area, if they cant they will offer financial assistance for travel.

Irf the guy had all these rounds then he has not been clever at all.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

If you're serious about this go see a doctor or something.

I take no intrest in trying to win mindless debates with complete and utter pricks.

So, excuse me Ive better things to do.

What did you say that's untrue?

you cant handle the truth.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Going to prison is a bit harsh under the circumstances. But I don't buy the fact that everybody just misplaced and forgot about a hand gun and 300 rounds of ammunition somebody knew about it.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Why did they name the soldier? I thought members of the special forces weren't allowed to be mentioned for security reasons? :?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Why did they name the soldier? I thought members of the special forces weren't allowed to be mentioned for security reasons? :?

his wife did, so his name is out there now. Actually its possible she has done more damage to his career than going to Colchester has. Hes got 18 months another man ex-soldier similar case got 10 years. Our SAS friend got off very lightly.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Yea i remember reading abouth this earlier in the week another f**k up by our goverment thanks to our politicians this country is becoming a laughing stock :oops: this guy fights for his country protecting us and our nearest and dearest then gets treated like this!.roll up roll up and sign the petition.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:48 pm

They could name him because I think he has to be kicked out now after he's done time he can't go back.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

kingdong wrote:They could name him because I think he has to be kicked out now after he's done time he can't go back.

not necessarily thats at the militarys discretion, its their law. If he is in A company he will stay in the military after sentence. If he is in D company he will be discharged. Considering he is a trained SAS soldier I reckon he will be in A company.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

i cant sign something like this, as i cant fully understand it and neither can most people. they will just read the headline and sign.

Gotta think the justice system will work out which ever way is correct

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Why did they name the soldier? I thought members of the special forces weren't allowed to be mentioned for security reasons? :?

his wife did, so his name is out there now. Actually its possible she has done more damage to his career than going to Colchester has. Hes got 18 months another man ex-soldier similar case got 10 years. Our SAS friend got off very lightly.

I hope his wife knows she could've put her family in danger for that. Cause I also thought they shouldn't be named so terrorists/enemy states wouldn't know the address, details etc of the family. :?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 pm

His wife gave her side of the story on the radio a few weeks back, this gun was forgotten about it, was originally in a cage on his barracks, the guy has suffered some sort of brain damage from an accident i think, and his stuff from camp was moved to his home.
She also said he intended to have it disarmed, reason it was at his camp for so long.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:22 pm

StockrA wrote:His wife gave her side of the story on the radio a few weeks back, this gun was forgotten about it, was originally in a cage on his barracks, the guy has suffered some sort of brain damage from an accident i think, and his stuff from camp was moved to his home.
She also said he intended to have it disarmed, reason it was at his camp for so long.

so what was the requirement for the 300 rounds of ammunition?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 pm

A lot of people here arguing about something they know nothing about. Sign it if you want to, leave it if you don't. Don't, however, pretend that you know all the details or have a full understanding of rules/law. The only thing I will say, however, is that soldiers are not outside the law. No one is, nor should they be. Of course, the reasons described on the petition page may be right - he may well have lost his memory. But no one knows for real.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 pm

I don't think its worth my support at all and yes I have read up on the whole story.

There's no point people comparing him to Abu Quatada its quite laughable realy, everyone knows that whole situation is a joke.

The fact is what this fella did was wrong, he knew it, he knows it. He's lucky he only got 18 months, anyone else would be looking at a lot longer.

What you do in life can obviously help you in getting a reduced sentence, which it has but what the fella did was stupid, dangerous and irresponsible and he has to pay a price.

If this man was let off and a year down the line went on a mad shooting spree killing innocent people all the people having a go at his sentence would be the first to have a pop at the law.

Lots of things don't add up, his misses is saying he suffered from memory loss and couldn't remember things yet he was passed fit for work and happily went back.

I fully expect to get some abuse for my stance on this but until someone can show or tell me something that would change my mind I don't see how his sentence is harsh sorry. The Law is there for a reason.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I don't think its worth my support at all and yes I have read up on the whole story.

There's no point people comparing him to Abu Quatada its quite laughable realy, everyone knows that whole situation is a joke.

The fact is what this fella did was wrong, he knew it, he knows it. He's lucky he only got 18 months, anyone else would be looking at a lot longer.

What you do in life can obviously help you in getting a reduced sentence, which it has but what the fella did was stupid, dangerous and irresponsible and he has to pay a price.

If this man was let off and a year down the line went on a mad shooting spree killing innocent people all the people having a go at his sentence would be the first to have a pop at the law.

Lots of things don't add up, his misses is saying he suffered from memory loss and couldn't remember things yet he was passed fit for work and happily went back.

I fully expect to get some abuse for my stance on this but until someone can show or tell me something that would change my mind I don't see how his sentence is harsh sorry. The Law is there for a reason.

As much as I like and respect our Armed Forces, I fully agree with you.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

What a ridiculous comparison

How can you compare a case where these boxes had remained unopened, he was a serving
soldier, and had been given the gun as a gift, boxes packed in his absence.

to a 'black kid in London'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 am

taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

How can you compare a case where these boxes had remained unopened, he was a serving

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its a fair comparison, like it or not
if a kid (ill leave the black out lets be politically correct) had a handgun in his possession with 300 rounds of ammunition, we wouldnt be asking how it got there we would be more concerned with why hes got it and he would receive a minimum 5 year sentence and automatically assume it was for criminal activity.
you can see this with Ricardo Mckenzie, serving soldier with weapons brought home as war trophies, similar to this SAS soldier except Mckenzie is serving 10 years sentenced in August 2012, because why else would you have weapons other than for criminal activity.
So what makes this SAS soldier different?
You cant differentiate between soldier and civilian, otherwise Mckenzie wouldnt be in prison.
Are you saying SAS soldiers are more professional than regular servicemen? or is the SAS above the law in this country?
The man broke the law but instead of getting 5 years plus he was given 18 months, with a reasonable chance that he will still have his job when he leaves Colchester. Considering he committed one of the more serious crimes in this country, 18 months is as good a slap on the wrist as your ever going to get.

Lets face it though you will never agree with me, so lets just leave it at that because I really dont want to be arguing with you for hours. Sign the petition if you want to. I wont be the law is absolute, there are no exceptions, he admitted his guilt he will and has received a punishment.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 am

oh god he pleaded guilty as well did he?

what a pointless petition :roll:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:47 am

BluebirdJoe wrote:A lot of people here arguing about something they know nothing about. Sign it if you want to, leave it if you don't. Don't, however, pretend that you know all the details or have a full understanding of rules/law. The only thing I will say, however, is that soldiers are not outside the law. No one is, nor should they be. Of course, the reasons described on the petition page may be right - he may well have lost his memory. But no one knows for real.

Good post :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 am

taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

he's a desperate c**t is that johnny lad :lol:

"black kid in london" with 300 rounds
so wha u saying fam ? :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:02 am

Being in the armed forces does not give you immunity from the law. They'd say exactly the same thing themselves.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 am

OhhhGa wrote:Being in the armed forces does not give you immunity from the law. They'd say exactly the same thing themselves.

As per usual, I agree with you.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:08 pm

done :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Danny Nightingale is now a free man. Reduced to 12 months and suspended.