Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW MANY MINUTES BEFORE THE CHANT GOES UP.......

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

"YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING"...

Don't get me wrong....I had a lot of time for DJ when he was here and even backed him whilst most were calling for his head.

I didn't lose faith until half way through his last season, but then reluctantly realised it was time for a change. He could take us no further.

Unfortunately he made matters worse by totally alienting all fans and the press. Not a good idea!

I suppose it depends on who scores first and if it be us, how early we score.

I'm going to put my money on 17 minutes & 23 seconds into the game. I've gotta feeling. :D

Re: HOW MANY MINUTES BEFORE THE CHANT GOES UP.......

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 pm

When we played Ipswich when Roy Keane was in charge of them, he was under pressure of being sacked, we went 1-0 up and started singing "you're getting sacked in the morning". Ipswich beat us 2-1.

The same thing will happen on Sunday. :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm

its all part of football, remember, this is our weekend entertainment. give dj a clap at the start. then in to battle :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:10 pm

JonCCFC wrote:When we played Ipswich when Roy Keane was in charge of them, he was under pressure of being sacked, we went 1-0 up and started singing "you're getting sacked in the morning". Ipswich beat us 2-1.

The same thing will happen on Sunday. :lol:

Jones could never beat a side that had grit.
Jones has the amazing ability to drain people with his mindnumbing, monotonous , dreary dialog.
hands in pockets, its only 3 points, this lot down here blah blah blah...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 pm

If that happens it will not be an unfamiliar sound to Jones

If I recall it was sung to him loud and clear during his last game in charge of us against Reading in the play-offs when we were losing 3-0.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Chanting at a Cardiff match? Bit old school isn't it?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm

If I recall it was sung to him loud and clear during his last game in charge of us against Reading in the play-offs when we were losing 3-0.

I think I can correct you on this quite easily in fact as being a total lie.

It was not in fact sung to Jones at this game, as you might expect.

I was in the Canton stand, seething at what was happening yet again. One lad quite near to me started the chant, around 10 minutes before the end of the match of "We want Jonesy out". I joined in. I was then met by an unexpected tirade of abuse. Supporters around me apparently felt that this demonstrated disloyalty, and that, with 10 minutes left, Cardiff still had a chance of winning the match! Still baffled by this, and baffled by why so many people felt such loyalty to Jones, who let us down every time.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 pm

& what if we're losing :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:& what if we're losing :lol:

We sing it to Malky?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 pm

jhippno wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:& what if we're losing :lol:

We sing it to Malky?

:lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 pm

http://www.footballfancast.com/champion ... -wednesday

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 pm

We're like a wounded animal at the moment. What does a wounded animal do when it's in trouble? It claws its way out. That's what we need to do”

Dave Jones Sheffield Wednesday manager

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 am

Football is about banter and if wears beating them the its gonna happen. And we will have to come up with something for Jay but he is gonna be fired up for this one which worries me. As Jay plays well when he wants to LOL

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 am

Jones, by his own admittance, does not bother trying to 'motivate' his teams and
instead chooses to let the senior players do all the rousing speeches. In a dressing
room where he had Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra, three strong personalities this
could only lead to disputes and arguments... and of course, as it transpired, thats
exactly what was happening in the Cardiff dressing room towards the end of Jones'
reign.

You cant leave it to the players. One might be trying to get everyone geed up, and
a couple sat there might be thinking "f**k off, YOU were shit last week pal"

It HAS to be the manager.

We REALLY have to get at Wednesday early on this Sunday, sew the seeds, get them
arguing. Because Wednesday lack leadership. Sorry DJ, but thats where we were always
lacking under you.. Anyone can pick his best eleven players, but for some reason Jones
used to think that was it, job done.

Wrong

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 am

nickblue22 wrote:

I think I can correct you on this quite easily in fact as being a total lie.

It was not in fact sung to Jones at this game, as you might expect.

I was in the Canton stand, seething at what was happening yet again. One lad quite near to me started the chant, around 10 minutes before the end of the match of "We want Jonesy out". I joined in. I was then met by an unexpected tirade of abuse. Supporters around me apparently felt that this demonstrated disloyalty, and that, with 10 minutes left, Cardiff still had a chance of winning the match! Still baffled by this, and baffled by why so many people felt such loyalty to Jones, who let us down every time.

I heard that chant go up and just as quick I heard a load of shushing - it wasn't the time or the place. We had no chance frankly of getting back in the match - Kev managed to miss from a yard or so, it just wasn't going to happen.

I can't stand hearing people booing anything to do with the City - I remember some games that season we'd be 0-0 at half time and some were booing, just can't understand that.

Each to their own of course. Up the City :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 am

If it HAS to be sung, I suggest leaving it until near the end when we are winning. 2 clear goals up and 80+ minutes will be fine.
If we start 10 minutes in, the Wednesday players have got 80 minutes to get right up for it and fight for thier manager. And we don't want that.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

First chant = 'Jonesy, Do the ayatollah!' :ayatollah:

and If no response...

Second chant = 'Sacked in the morning...' :old:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Football is about banter and if wears beating them the its gonna happen. And we will have to come up with something for Jay but he is gonna be fired up for this one which worries me. As Jay plays well when he wants to LOL

One lazy b*stard, theres only one lazy b*stard.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Magners wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Football is about banter and if wears beating them the its gonna happen. And we will have to come up with something for Jay but he is gonna be fired up for this one which worries me. As Jay plays well when he wants to LOL

One lazy b*stard, theres only one lazy b*stard.

Hey only the Mrs can say that about me fella :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: