Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Off to the Camp Nou on Saturday

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Barcelona v Bilbao. :ayatollah:

Well, if you're going to go plastic you may as well go to the best ;)

Re: Off to the Camp Nou on Saturday

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm

ive been :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 pm

samdm94 wrote:ive been :ayatollah:

Any dos and donts for me? :D

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:

dont sit in the away end :thumbdown:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:30 pm

i went on a tour of the ground many years ago. terry venables was manager at the time. went in the directors box, trophy room etc. think it was then. 100 odd thousand standing . with 20 thousand standing? good day out. even better watching a game there. have a good day...............................plastic :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:30 pm

samdm94 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

:ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

went to watch rangers play them in the champions league, was a mile in the sky :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm

samdm94 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

went to watch rangers play them in the champions league, was a mile in the sky :lol:

Best place for Rangers fans.
it's the nearest they will ever get to heaven.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 pm

I've gotta be honest mate i've been to watch barca at the nou camp and i didnt really think alot of it. Obviously the stadium is wicked and its great to watch messi and co play football. But if you're expecting a great atmosphere and passion from their fans ypu are gonna feel short changed! It's like watching a top 4 club in this country, full of tourists and they sing 2 songs "barca clap clap clap" & "barca barca barca"

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:15 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:I've gotta be honest mate i've been to watch barca at the nou camp and i didnt really think alot of it. Obviously the stadium is wicked and its great to watch messi and co play football. But if you're expecting a great atmosphere and passion from their fans ypu are gonna feel short changed! It's like watching a top 4 club in this country, full of tourists and they sing 2 songs "barca clap clap clap" & "barca barca barca"

Yeah i can imagine.
I'm going for the football.
Apart from the City, Ive only ever watched man u V Liverpool and Villa v Spurs and you could see the gulf is huge compared to the champinship.
i consider barca the best footballing side in the world and i will be sending malkay my report as soon as im back :D

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

Best place for Rangers fans.
it's the nearest they will ever get to heaven.

ooooooooo allo ! :roll:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Yawn

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 pm

the big question is if you had a choice of watching barca home or your supposed club cardiff city home which would most people choose ?
cardiff for me everytime :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:

Don't wear a Real Madrid shirt

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm

jhippno wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

if any one asks your name you say, whan day smurf

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:

Me and my mates went 4 weeks ago to see Barca v Celta Vigo. Middle tier seats we had were excellent. Barca were needless to say, great to watch and although crowd was 89K, there is not much noise from the Barca fans ( although Celta Vigo's away support of c 150 sang for the whole game! ).

Only thing I would warn about is pickpockets on the tube - my mate has his i phone nicked on the way back into the city centre straight after the game. Have a great weekend :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 pm

mugsy wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

Me and my mates went 4 weeks ago to see Barca v Celta Vigo. Middle tier seats we had were excellent. Barca were needless to say, great to watch and although crowd was 89K, there is not much noise from the Barca fans ( although Celta Vigo's away support of c 150 sang for the whole game! ).

Only thing I would warn about is pickpockets on the tube - my mate has his i phone nicked on the way back into the city centre straight after the game. Have a great weekend :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: hes gunna be a paranoid pete all weekend now

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Yawn

Wanker ....you're blocked

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 am

ninianblue wrote:i went on a tour of the ground many years ago. terry venables was manager at the time. went in the directors box, trophy room etc. think it was then. 100 odd thousand standing . with 20 thousand standing? good day out. even better watching a game there. have a good day...............................plastic :lol: :ayatollah:

cheers mate .. i wont melt :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:10 am

thomasblue wrote:the big question is if you had a choice of watching barca home or your supposed club cardiff city home which would most people choose ?

Barcelona ......ya tw*t

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 am

samdm94 wrote:
mugsy wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

:lol: :lol: hes gunna be a paranoid pete all weekend now

Or i might come home with a bag of i phones ;)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 am

mugsy wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

cheers mugsy :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 am

jhippno wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

I've only got a blue cardiff t shirt.
i'll be wearing that ;)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:
thomasblue wrote:the big question is if you had a choice of watching barca home or your supposed club cardiff city home which would most people choose ?

Barcelona ......ya tw*t

true plastic answer there . cardiff would come first for me even over the world cup final , its fans like you who are the problem with our supporters these days !!! ...... ya tw*t :roll:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 am

thomasblue wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

Barcelona ......ya tw*t

true plastic answer there . cardiff would come first for me even over the world cup final , its fans like you who are the problem with our supporters these days !!! ...... ya tw*t :roll:

if only you could comprehend tut .....................You're in the bin tw*t ......

Youve been jermained .......de FOE

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 am

This guy is quite touchy.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Been a few times, went last year when Barca beat Valencia 5-1 and Messi got 4.

Get a travel card, they are about 4 euro a day and you get to use rail, tube, tram and buses with them unlimited. def worth it.

Do the tour, its worth it alone.

there is a tiny tiny back street bar about 800m from the ground, you will see it down a side street when you walk from the tube stop. Its 1.50 a pint in there.

Las Rambles is a rip off for food and drinks. you normally get a deal on one or the other but dont get both.

I have no idea why anyone wouldnt want to go to watch barca. We might support City but at the end of the day you want to watch the best players because everyone loves football!. Id pay anything to watch Messi, and when hes finished and we're all telling grandkids about the players of our generation everyone will tell them about him.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Im going to Barcelona on april 20th, gonna see Barca play Levante then if the fixtures stay the same gonna either fly or train it to Madrid on the sunday and watch Real Madrid play Bilboa i think.........cant wait!!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Karl wrote:This guy is quite touchy.

i dont suffer fools

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Been a few times, went last year when Barca beat Valencia 5-1 and Messi got 4.

Get a travel card, they are about 4 euro a day and you get to use rail, tube, tram and buses with them unlimited. def worth it.

Do the tour, its worth it alone.

there is a tiny tiny back street bar about 800m from the ground, you will see it down a side street when you walk from the tube stop. Its 1.50 a pint in there.

Las Rambles is a rip off for food and drinks. you normally get a deal on one or the other but dont get both.

I have no idea why anyone wouldnt want to go to watch barca. We might support City but at the end of the day you want to watch the best players because everyone loves football!. Id pay anything to watch Messi, and when hes finished and we're all telling grandkids about the players of our generation everyone will tell them about him.

good info that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: