Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The only person in the away end last night

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm

I am calm Nedd, just saying that if you didn't want people to share their views, why was it posted on a message board?

If he was being abusive to people, the fine - he got what was coming. At first, it was told that all he was doing was protesting the rebrand. Whilst I question his motives for doing it there and then, he has the right to do it. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I am calm Nedd, just saying that if you didn't want people to share their views, why was it posted on a message board?

If he was being abusive to people, the fine - he got what was coming. At first, it was told that all he was doing was protesting the rebrand. Whilst I question his motives for doing it there and then, he has the right to do it. :ayatollah:

There was more to it than that, as I said. It's a shame that you're so keen on insulting people, especially Gwyn Davies, that you sometimes go too far. You jumped in with scant info and with all guns blazing. You would've seen the situation from a different perspective if you were there, as I did, because I was there.

When we sent some PMs to each other a while back, I felt we shared an affinity, but I'm not so sure now.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:30 pm

If he cared that much he wouldn't go down. Pointless turning up, paying money then kicking off. You don't agree with it, don't go to watch

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:38 pm

ELY BOY wrote:If he cared that much he wouldn't go down. Pointless turning up, paying money then kicking off. You don't agree with it, don't go to watch

It wasn't just about the rebrand and he was off his head and very aggressive, but I agree with you that now is not the time to protest, maybe we should hold back until the end of the season and then say something, if some of us aren't happy with it.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Just a pissed up idiot then ha ha. I've protested with my feet, not that anyone cares but I feel good ha ha

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Just a pissed up idiot then ha ha. I've protested with my feet, not that anyone cares but I feel good ha ha

:lol:

Everyone's choice, mate. I was going to cash in my season ticket, but I knew how disappointed my son would've been - especially as he's got a season ticket as well, he's still young and who was going to take him to the matches?!!

:lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:44 pm

That's fair enough butt, not the boys fault :)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:I am calm Nedd, just saying that if you didn't want people to share their views, why was it posted on a message board?

There was more to it than that, as I said. It's a shame that you're so keen on insulting people, especially Gwyn Davies, that you sometimes go too far. You jumped in with scant info and with all guns blazing. You would've seen the situation from a different perspective if you were there, as I did, because I was there.

When we sent some PMs to each other a while back, I felt we shared an affinity, but I'm not so sure now.

Not keen on "insulting people" as you say, Nedd. I have given my honest opinion about a certain subject - with the information that was given to me.

All was said that he was protesting about the rebrand (which he has every right to do) and then Gwyn said he deserved a slap.

Now with Gwyn being present with two other gentlemen who threatened to "bury" fans who wanted to protest, I felt let down again by Gwyn's stance - especially as he is one of the more "well known" fans after his work with the Vally Rams.

I haven't insulted anyone, offered my opinions.

When more information came about, that he was personally insulting people or getting in their faces, then my attitude towards him changed - if he was being a knob to someone then he may have "deserved a slap" .

It's fair to say I have differing opinions on certain topics than Gwyn, and I am allowed to air them. Once or twice in the past I went too far and apologised to those people involved.

Hope that shows my stance on the matter.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 pm

ELY BOY wrote:That's fair enough butt, not the boys fault :)

Exactly. He's disappointed with the change to red as well, but he loves watching the City. We've been to our share of away games in recent times and he loves the whole day out, so it would be difficult for us both to stop now.

Fingers crossed, we'll go back to blue and back to a bluebird badge.

:thumbup:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:That's fair enough butt, not the boys fault :)

Exactly. He's disappointed with the change to red as well, but he loves watching the City. We've been to our share of away games in recent times and he loves the whole day out, so it would be difficult for us both to stop now.

Fingers crossed, we'll go back to blue and back to a bluebird badge.

:thumbup:

Fingers crossed mate.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Chuckles ; protesting is getting a placard and marching up and down !! Well you get the general idea. But this guy wasn't protesting he was being a dick. A dick on the way up, a dick in the ground, (I admit i was told that i never saw it) and he was an even bigger dick on the way home. He wasn't protesting when he was giving Annis grief constantly.
So in the end he had a gentle slap which caused him to fumble about on the floor for a bit.

Your Welcome !!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Chuckles ; protesting is getting a placard and marching up and down !! Well you get the general idea. But this guy wasn't protesting he was being a dick. A dick on the way up, a dick in the ground, (I admit i was told that i never saw it) and he was an even bigger dick on the way home. He wasn't protesting when he was giving Annis grief constantly.
So in the end he had a gentle slap which caused him to fumble about on the floor for a bit.

Your Welcome !!

In that case, I change my opinions on it - this story was painted a lot differently at the start than it is now.

Sounds like he deserved it - we all know Annisvis anti rebrand!