Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Be honest now. If you have stoopped going to the footbal

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Karl wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Karl wrote:It's clear that you were never really a true fan. You just attended the games because you were following the crowd and thought it was a cool thing to do.

and how is that clear..? do you know me now then..? FFS what a new breed joker!!!!

Either that or you're just attention seeking again.

You don't miss it yet you're discussing it on the Internet with strangers.

discussing what..?Not going to the football..? FFS!!! No wonder you aren't working!!!! :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Karl wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Karl wrote:It's clear that you were never really a true fan. You just attended the games because you were following the crowd and thought it was a cool thing to do.

and how is that clear..? do you know me now then..? FFS what a new breed joker!!!!

discussing what..?Not going to the football..? FFS!!! No wonder you aren't working!!!! :lol:

Who said I'm not working? :lol:

I miss the footy because I'm working.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:02 pm

I stop going because they played absolute shit last season, rather spend my money on more important things like beer.I also missed most of the 90's.Not missing it at all,got nothing to do with rebrand,we'll be blue again in a few years time.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Adam never went much anyway, was never die hard City, and is Merthyr fan at heart.

Deep down he knows it, I know it, and anyone who knows him well knows it.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 pm

all i can say is, all those people that have stopped watching the city because of whatever reason. will be the first in the stadium if and when we go up.. it would be good to have a post . why have you come back to the city,,,,, because my son begged me to take him.. otherwise id never go down there again. :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:38 pm

ninianblue wrote:all i can say is, all those people that have stopped watching the city because of whatever reason. will be the first in the stadium if and when we go up.. it would be good to have a post . why have you come back to the city,,,,, because my son begged me to take him.. otherwise id never go down there again. :lol:

Be interesting to see if some would. That lad who "sold his support" for example (still find that ironic, selling his support for money in protest of money & modern football :lol: )

Other people like TLG etc I think would stick to their guns.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Spot on Carl with a K.

We never agree but on this occasion nail on the head.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Angry, did this phone call to Annis happen or is Gwyn fabricating the whole thing?

Oh its a phone call now, sorry for my misunderstanding but I don't recall ever making such a phonecall. However people on here would believe Gwyn if he said the sky was green but I for one would take a look for myself.

Ask Annis then because he was the one that told me Adam had been contacting him for tickets and telling him about the lack of games, perhaps Annis got it mixed up, can't see why though. :roll:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Karl wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

This ^

Oho ooh look at me, my next door neighbour painted their house red and I don't like it, I refuse to go back into my own home until the b*stard next door changes the colour back. Very sad how loose your association has become yet you hang around on a messageboard of the team you are an ex-fan of.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Makes me sick that people in Cardiff can't be bothered to go and see the club they claim to support just because of a bloody colour. Do you have no pride in your city? CARDIFF CITY FC is still there up for everyone to see top of the league. I do a 9 hour round trip at least twice a month to see Cardiff play and there are people in Cardiff who would rather spend time with their mrs, astonishing. :twisted:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:47 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Makes me sick that people in Cardiff can't be bothered to go and see the club they claim to support just because of a bloody colour. Do you have no pride in your city? CARDIFF CITY FC is still there up for everyone to see top of the league. I do a 9 hour round trip at least twice a month to see Cardiff play and there are people in Cardiff who would rather spend time with their mrs, astonishing. :twisted:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Dropped a £1 coin in Sloper Road once and stoopped to pick it up! ;)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 am

Angry Man wrote:are you really missing it..?

Due to my anti-red stance Ive stopped going to any football and even stopped watching it on TV or reading the sports page bin the papers. But recently Ive spoken to others who have stopped going for other reasons including the cost, poor atmosphere and so on.

However not one of them has said they are really missing it and in fact most are saying that they are enjoying it with many using the money saved from going to the football and spending it on other things like family and holidays and so on.

When is the season ticket freeze coming to an end..? as Im sure that others will be lost once their contract which they are tied into is up.

Hilarious. The image of this die-hard Cardiff City fan at home:

"DO NOT BRING ME THOSE SPORTS PAGES, UNTIL MY BELOVED CLUB ARE BACK IN
THEIR RIGHTFUL COLOURS I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY FOOTBALL"

"But love, erm, you havent read the sports pages in years, Aw and love, what have i told you
about eating tomato soup in your white Merthyr top, its gonna need washing again now!"

"BAH HUMBUG, WOMAN!"

"Hamburg? Your Hamburg top is in the airing cupboard love, another waste of bloody money if
you ask me, those German delegates on the fact-finding mission never did come to see you, and
I'd prepared all those Brotwursts and Sauerkrauts"

"AH f*cking STOP YOUR WHINING WOMAN, WHATS FOR MY TEA?"

"Sauerkrauts"

"AGAIN?"

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 am

Karl wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Spot on Karl
He only brought up the thread to see how many like himselfy really misses going to the games a typical fairweather fan if i ever saw one! :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:43 pm

No I don't miss it to be honest, hate the new stadium, hate modern football and the rebrand was the final straw. Much more to life than football (something I never ever thought I would say).

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Adam never went much anyway, was never die hard City, and is Merthyr fan at heart.

Deep down he knows it, I know it, and anyone who knows him well knows it.

If he is a Merthyr fan, what's the shame in hiding it? I think it's great that he supports his local team.

I know that's hypocritical considering I live in Bridgend but come on, Bridgend Town? :lol: :lol:

Even though I've seen them play. :oops: