Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bothroyd

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 pm

milly44 wrote:The position you find yourselves in at present you need a motivator and someone to pull the club together. Jones is neither.
I haven't seen you play but speaking to Sam and reading little bits, there's f**k all fight and team spirit in you. Jones will never change!!
Billy may not be the best manager but I think he has a fair set of nads on him and wouldn't take half hearted effort from players who think there something special.

Gary Megson also fits that bill (and he's allegedly still on our payroll) but his bridges are firmly burnt between him and Mandaric

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:I know he's doing poorly at wednesday but would anyone take him back? I think the amount of quaility and creativity we have in the side I think he would bang them in given the right motivation and support

NEVER. Quality player when he wants to be, but also the laziest and not up for it when it really matters, spends his life on his arse.
Jay has had enough clubs10 I think)by now to try and show he can do it week in week out and he cant.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:I know he's doing poorly at wednesday but would anyone take him back? I think the amount of quaility and creativity we have in the side I think he would bang them in given the right motivation and support

NEVER. Quality player when he wants to be, but also the laziest and not up for it when it really matters, spends his life on his arse.
Jay has had enough clubs10 I think)by now to try and show he can do it week in week out and he cant.

We were quite excited when we got him on loan but were warned of the above. It's turned out to be more than true.

Another Championship club will take him on after us, I'm guessing he'll do more of the same before drifting down the league ladder or off to Australia

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He did for us though. People criticise his attitude after his england call up but if i remember correctly he got injured straight after. And to be honest as long as he kept scoring I wouldnt care if he kept falling on his arse. He's better than what we currently have and I feel we need a goal scorer. But as others have said I doubt his heart is in it anymore and it would be wether or not Malky could motivate him. Shame really as he could be a quality player

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Doubt he'd get in the squad :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:08 pm

NickPenarth wrote:

Doubt he'd get in the squad :lol:

So you would start helguson over a possibly inform bothroyd?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm

It would'nt surprise me that he doe'nt shy off and say's he injured for this sunday! :oops:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm

sam salim wrote:It would'nt surprise me that he doe'nt shy off and say's he injured for this sunday! :oops:

Fingers crossed

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm

You'd take Bothroyd back? Seriously?

He's been absolutely dire for us and how he got an England call up i do not know. Perhaps he needs to be around better players but he just does nothing. He is used as a scapegoat far too often and i think people expect too much from him, the fact is he's an average Championship striker nothing else. He gets boo'd everytime he touches the ball, the fans are incredibly frustrated how Dave 'lost the plot' Jones continues to stick with him after games and games of below par performances, he's scored 1 goal for us. Absolutely pathetic.

Wednesday are going back to League One i'm afraid, Dave Jones has completely lost it everything he's done just hasn't worked and relying on Jay 'NOT Bothered is not good enough.

It's funny because when i came on here a couple of months back every you warned me about DJ and Bothroyd has come true.

As Cardiff fans do you think Jones will turn it around for us? Losing all faith in him as manager.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

SWFC_FAN wrote:You'd take Bothroyd back? Seriously?

He's been absolutely dire for us and how he got an England call up i do not know. Perhaps he needs to be around better players but he just does nothing. He is used as a scapegoat far too often and i think people expect too much from him, the fact is he's an average Championship striker nothing else. He gets boo'd everytime he touches the ball, the fans are incredibly frustrated how Dave 'lost the plot' Jones continues to stick with him after games and games of below par performances, he's scored 1 goal for us. Absolutely pathetic.

Wednesday are going back to League One i'm afraid, Dave Jones has completely lost it everything he's done just hasn't worked and relying on Jay 'NOT Bothered is not good enough.

It's funny because when i came on here a couple of months back every you warned me about DJ and Bothroyd has come true.

As Cardiff fans do you think Jones will turn it around for us? Losing all faith in him as manager.

No he probably wont now that as you say lost the plot. He's very one minded and wont change it up.

As for Bothroyd, when he's confident and playing in a good side he will score goals. I suppose it cant help him with fans booing him everytime he touches the ball

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Our fans had more up to date methods than Dave "Prehistoric" Jones. I'm surprised he's even had time to leave the golf course and make it to games on time! :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:30 pm

You got more chance of seeing the queens tits!!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Every week someone asks this :lol:
But No, not a chance, I would rather slam my chopper in my bathroom door, f**k no, HE'LL NO!!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Every week someone asks this :lol:
But No, not a chance, I would rather slam my chopper in my bathroom door, f**k no, HE'LL NO!!

:lol: :lol: I know but after watching DJ moan some more about how its never his fault got me thinking

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 pm

take him back in a shot :lol: :lol: like we did with earnie, leave it to malky :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Yes, most def :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:10 pm

swfc-fan, welcolme, i have said this a million times. with bothroyd before his england cap he was brilliant for us. fell to easy. but was trying to help the team. after his england cap he was dire. and i mean dire. the problem being. the night bothroyd made his england debut. so did carrol. bothroyd played ok. so did carrol. but the week after. carrol had a phone call. sold for 35 million. bothroyd rubbed his hands and sat by the phone ? the phone never rang? so i think he played for us thinking he was something special. lost confidence etc. so basically this engish cap fucked with his mind. he still thinks he is a premiership player playing in the wrong league, as for dj, made a few bad signings for us . a few good ones. hes a good championship manager. dont think you will go down with him. but you wont go up with him, :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Form is temporary class is permenant.When he went off against Blackpool everybody knew our chances of winning went with him.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 am

The contradicting fools are out in force, you was always begging for him bag in December 2010 and now you're all saying hes rubbish, load of b*llshit from some people on here.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 am

DandoCCFC wrote:The contradicting fools are out in force, you was always begging for him bag in December 2010 and now you're all saying hes rubbish, load of b*llshit from some people on here.

So people's opinions can't change then?
Before his England call up I thought he was a good player with a lazy attitude.
Then he became deluded, arragont, more concerned about twitter, lazy, none of which is what I want to see in a player of my club when I'm forking out £400. It seems my change if opinion is merited as the hole of Sheffield is saying the sane thing on a worse scale.
Last edited by milly44 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:51 am

Nope.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 am

Pete_Owlsfan wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Pete_Owlsfan wrote:Please take him back, I'll drive him over to your place myself.

Completely disinterested with playing for us but is immune from being dropped.

Its typical Dave Jones wont drop his favourites. Do you think he will get sacked before sunday?

Milan Mandaric gave an interview with Radio Sheffield about it saying we need stability and he likes what Dave Jones is building (with the youth set up and everything). It seemed like more than just the standard vote of confidence before getting the boot. But we can't go on like this.

I think it's a given we'll lose at your place, but then we play Bristol City followed by Barnsley. If we're still on this run after those 2 games, I'm almost certain he'll be gone. The only problem is that I cannot see any decent replacements out there.

Dave Jones and youth setup?

:lol: :lol: this is the man that was embarrassed into playing Aaron Ramsey and NEVER gave youth a chance.