Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 am

I know he's doing poorly at wednesday but would anyone take him back? I think the amount of quaility and creativity we have in the side I think he would bang them in given the right motivation and support

Re: Bothroyd

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 am

Confidence is gone

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 am

Damned Yank wrote:Confidence is gone

Definetly. Its a shame with him as hes got the quality to be a good player. Speaking of Wednesday Dave Moans is at it again:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20521423

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am

Take him back in a heartbeat

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 am

Could be going back to Qpr as they only have one fit striker.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 am

Yes. Think he'd love it too - the only club where he's ever been totally settled.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 am

No another player who thought he was bigger and better than our club

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 am

NO he had his chance with us and blew it...............especially after his Cap when he went missing.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:I know he's doing poorly at wednesday but would anyone take him back? I think the amount of quaility and creativity we have in the side I think he would bang them in given the right motivation and support

nope,why do people want to go back to players that dont give a shit. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:I know he's doing poorly at wednesday but would anyone take him back? I think the amount of quaility and creativity we have in the side I think he would bang them in given the right motivation and support

Wouldn't touch the lazy, big headed tosser with a barge pole - spends all his time tweeting and very little time staying on his feet on the football pitch :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 am

Not at all.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 am

Well done on the people saying he went missing during his game, contradicting yourself much.

Most people were begging for him to come back when he was injured in the december 2010 so pipe down.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 am

mugsy wrote:

Wouldn't touch the lazy, big headed tosser with a barge pole - spends all his time tweeting and very little time staying on his feet on the football pitch :twisted: :twisted:

This !

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 am

mugsy wrote:

Doubt you was saying that in December 2010.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm

His greatest strength wasnt in the air, but shooting from outside the box, he had one hell of a powerful shot, why did Dave Jones play him out wide most of the time instead of in the area? :o :o

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
mugsy wrote:

Doubt you was saying that in December 2010.

Doubt anyone needed to, at that time. Things move on. What do you think?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

I'd have him back purely on the basis that he is better than thae cart horse Gestede we have right now.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I'd have him back purely on the basis that he is better than thae cart horse Gestede we have right now.

If he's the good Bothroyd, rather than the diving, couldn't care less Bothroyd, then he'd be an asset to our side. Which Bothroyd will he be, though?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Best player we've had for the past we years. Helguson is now our top sorer but I'm doubtful he can go all season (although I am a huge fan) so we def need cover. But I fear it's too long now, he should have signed a contract and stayed with us regardless of if we went up that year. Football mediocrity is his future.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Please take him back, I'll drive him over to your place myself.

Completely disinterested with playing for us but is immune from being dropped.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Pete_Owlsfan wrote:Please take him back, I'll drive him over to your place myself.

Its typical Dave Jones wont drop his favourites. Do you think he will get sacked before sunday?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Pete_Owlsfan wrote:Please take him back, I'll drive him over to your place myself.

Its typical Dave Jones wont drop his favourites. Do you think he will get sacked before sunday?

I f*cking hope not :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

Milan Mandaric gave an interview with Radio Sheffield about it saying we need stability and he likes what Dave Jones is building (with the youth set up and everything). It seemed like more than just the standard vote of confidence before getting the boot. But we can't go on like this.

I think it's a given we'll lose at your place, but then we play Bristol City followed by Barnsley. If we're still on this run after those 2 games, I'm almost certain he'll be gone. The only problem is that I cannot see any decent replacements out there.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm

milly44 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Same would love for us to get him sacked but I can see him coming back and biting us in the arse and ruining our home streak

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:13 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
milly44 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Same would love for us to get him sacked but I can see him coming back and biting us in the arse and ruining our home streak

Yep :cry:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Pete_Owlsfan wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Milan Mandaric gave an interview with Radio Sheffield about it saying we need stability and he likes what Dave Jones is building (with the youth set up and everything). It seemed like more than just the standard vote of confidence before getting the boot. But we can't go on like this.

I think it's a given we'll lose at your place, but then we play Bristol City followed by Barnsley. If we're still on this run after those 2 games, I'm almost certain he'll be gone. The only problem is that I cannot see any decent replacements out there.

Billy Davies?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm

milly44 wrote:
Pete_Owlsfan wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Billy Davies?

People keep saying him. He did okay at Preston, then got Derby promoted (rather fortunately) before getting found out in the premiership. He then did okay(ish) with Forest before throwing his dummy out when he didn't get more money to spend. He was also anti-football with his tactics IMO.

You have to ask why no one else has gone for him in the last couple of years. DJ is losing it but I'd still rather keep him than get Davies.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

The position you find yourselves in at present you need a motivator and someone to pull the club together. Jones is neither.
I haven't seen you play but speaking to Sam and reading little bits, there's f**k all fight and team spirit in you. Jones will never change!!
Billy may not be the best manager but I think he has a fair set of nads on him and wouldn't take half hearted effort from players who think there something special.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

IMO BIlly Davies and DJ are just like for like

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:IMO BIlly Davies and DJ are just like for like

In the way they deflect blame from themselves I agree.