Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WELL CHUFFED "

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 am

We have now had two home wins in a row followed by a hard fought win at Barnsley and then a creditable draw at Derby. In my opinion when we had 11 players on the pitch, the win was never in doubt. But even with only 10 men we played 35 minutes incl 6mins injury time and Malky's team battled to the end,even when the score was 1-1.

Come on, be honest with yourselves you would of taken 10pts from the last 12pts if you had been asked that 4 games ago?
Well I am more than satisfied with that, in fact I am " Well Chuffed " :ayatollah:

As to the atmosphere, that was probably one of the worst I have ever witnessed by City fans at an away promotion season game, In fact it was minus zero for atmosphere.

But well done to all the players and Malky for applauding us for travelling last night. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WELL CHUFFED "

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 am

Well summed up Annis, I agree. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 am

nobber wrote:Well summed up Annis, I agree. :ayatollah:

Nobbie
Enjoyed our drink and chat this afternoon. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Nobbie

And me mate. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 am

nobber wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Nobbie

And me mate. :ayatollah:

Me too, cracking trip on AAMB tours once again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 am

spot on annis :ayatollah: and yes we were poor tonight (fans) but i did enjoy Derby' Dale Cavese chanting!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:We have now had two home wins in a row followed by a hard fought win at Barnsley and then a creditable draw at Derby. In my opinion when we had 11 players on the pitch, the win was never in doubt. But even with only 10 men we played 35 minutes incl 6mins injury time and Malky's team battled to the end,even when the score was 1-1.

Come on, be honest with yourselves you would of taken 10pts from the last 12pts if you had been asked that 4 games ago?
Well I am more than satisfied with that, in fact I am " Well Chuffed " :ayatollah:

As to the atmosphere, that was probably one of the worst I have ever witnessed by City fans at an away promotion season game, In fact it was minus zero for atmosphere.

But well done to all the players and Malky for applauding us for travelling last night. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The issue is not with the team the manager o the results ........,it goes further up the ladder :ayatollah:
Love the city - hate the red
-

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 am

Got to admit 10/12 is an excellent response after our horror show at Charlton.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 am

Annis I am of course well chuffed with 10 out of 12 but it should have been 12 out of 12 and everyone knows it. I've even spoke to Derby fans who said up until the sending off they still didn't believe they would score because of the resilience. Yes Derby have terrific home form but we were just too much for them as we have been over numerous seasons. Even at 10 men Helguson almost grabbed a winner against the run of play. As soon as he went off we were put further on the back burner and Derby saw blood and seized their opportunity.

As I have already have said 10 out 12 is brilliant and I would love to continue that trend all season but the simple fact is come May if we narrowly miss out these will be points we will look back at and wonder what could have been. After all the crap we have had to endure as fans over the last couple of seasons (i.e. the train home from Blackpool just looking out of the window at the world going by because bugger all else mattered) if anything its the fear of not making it again thats making things like this annoy me knowing we could narrowly miss out again.

It was harsh of me to say fine Noone but it was in the heat of the moment and it was the same old story again that has come to haunt us time and time again over the years.

I refuse to let myself get carried away this season. I've done it every year for the last 5-6 years and have been disappointed every single time.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am

I would have happily taken a point with or without 11 men before the start of the game.

We are not going to win every game and Derby are good at home.

We are still averaging 2pts a game after nearly 40% of the season has gone. That is automatic promotion form in anybody's book. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Annis I am of course well chuffed with 10 out of 12 but it should have been 12 out of 12 and everyone knows it. I've even spoke to Derby fans who said up until the sending off they still didn't believe they would score because of the resilience. Yes Derby have terrific home form but we were just too much for them as we have been over numerous seasons. Even at 10 men Helguson almost grabbed a winner against the run of play. As soon as he went off we were put further on the back burner and Derby saw blood and seized their opportunity.

As I have already have said 10 out 12 is brilliant and I would love to continue that trend all season but the simple fact is come May if we narrowly miss out these will be points we will look back at and wonder what could have been. After all the crap we have had to endure as fans over the last couple of seasons (i.e. the train home from Blackpool just looking out of the window at the world going by because bugger all else mattered) if anything its the fear of not making it again thats making things like this annoy me knowing we could narrowly miss out again.

It was harsh of me to say fine Noone but it was in the heat of the moment and it was the same old story again that has come to haunt us time and time again over the years.

I refuse to let myself get carried away this season. I've done it every year for the last 5-6 years and have been disappointed every single time.

I personally believe any player who is sent of should be fined by their club.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I would have happily taken a point with or without 11 men before the start of the game.

We are not going to win every game and Derby are good at home.

We are still averaging 2pts a game after nearly 40% of the season has gone. That is automatic promotion form in anybody's book. :ayatollah:

Your dead right but my worry is that its a bit lop-sided.Its inevitable that the home draws and maybe the odd defeat will come at some point so we need improvement away from home to counter that.And maybe the last two games was the start. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 am

byron moreno wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We have now had two home wins in a row followed by a hard fought win at Barnsley and then a creditable draw at Derby. In my opinion when we had 11 players on the pitch, the win was never in doubt. But even with only 10 men we played 35 minutes incl 6mins injury time and Malky's team battled to the end,even when the score was 1-1.

The issue is not with the team the manager o the results ........,it goes further up the ladder :ayatollah:
Love the city - hate the red
-

As to the atmosphere, that was probably one of the worst I have ever witnessed by City fans at an away promotion season game, In fact it was minus zero for atmosphere. There is something wrong and I really dont understand how us fans who in my opinion were once one of the most passionate away fans in the land and use to sing none stop and creating an amazing atmospheres could become now as though we were none existent last night?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 am

Annis

Fans are punchdrunk over the events the last few years.
Its not the team that has a confidence problem-
Its the Fans.

You just have to stand tall and keep singing lads.

Up or down - next season will be mad. - so enjoy the one you are in and
SING UP FOR CITY

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 am

In my opinion when we had 11 players on the pitch,

Sorry can't agree. That is the worse performance I have seen from Cardiff in decades no pace , zero passing and 90's mins of hoffing the ball out . They were utter tripe , thank GOD Derby were beyond useless in front of Goal

Nugent, Connolly were trully shocking, Whitts was utter crap with Ralls not much better (pure Hudson had a nightmare with them lot) and Bellamy looks for all the world to be an has-been player sadly. A decent result and I would have taken a point before the match , but the performance was shocking .

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:23 am

smilebit wrote:

Sorry can't agree. That is the worse performance I have seen from Cardiff in decades no pace , zero passing and 90's mins of hoffing the ball out . They were utter tripe , thank GOD Derby were beyond useless in front of Goal

Nugent, Connolly were trully shocking, Whitts was utter crap with Ralls not much better (pure Hudson had a nightmare with them lot) and Bellamy looks for all the world to be an has-been player sadly. A decent result and I would have taken a point before the match , but the performance was shocking .

If that's the worst performance you've seen in decades, you obviously don't go to many games. :)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:Annis I am of course well chuffed with 10 out of 12 but it should have been 12 out of 12 and everyone knows it. I've even spoke to Derby fans who said up until the sending off they still didn't believe they would score because of the resilience. Yes Derby have terrific home form but we were just too much for them as we have been over numerous seasons. Even at 10 men Helguson almost grabbed a winner against the run of play. As soon as he went off we were put further on the back burner and Derby saw blood and seized their opportunity.

Totally agree - :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

Nugent and connley crap? not what i heard. everytime it went to our box they were the 1st b
names.to.clear. what else do u want? them to run the pitch everytime and score? get a grip. With.11 men first time this.seasom that we wouldnt concede away. then when we went dwn to ten the attiide was superbe to.get a.point

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 am

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree - :ayatollah:

I do too Annis but got slated for it. However, seeing as Noone has apologized via Twitter and knows he was wrong and you can tell it is genuine I say let him off this time but any more incidents like that and then fine him. He lost it for a moment and he knows full well he was in the wrong. if he didn't, he wouldn't have saw the need to apologize so quickly.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 am

Fine him for making an error?

A fine for me should be for behaviour. Basically saying if you get a yellow you should be fined.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Derby County are a very good side.

We were under the cosh for much of the night.

Personally, I think all our players got what they deserved at the end of the night
and that was a massive round of applause and a 'thank you' from the fans for
digging deep, yet again when the chips are down. Noone? well the lad is absolutely
gutted, so we as fans should 100% say "you've been brilliant for us so far Craig, chin
up and forget about it"

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 pm

If we win on Sunday, then this would be a great point gained at Derby, 1 point is better than nil and its 1 point closer to promotion :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 pm

taffyapple wrote:Derby County are a very good side.

Personally, I think all our players got what they deserved at the end of the night
digging deep, yet again when the chips are down. Noone? well the lad is absolutely
gutted, so we as fans should 100% say "you've been brilliant for us so far Craig, chin
up and forget about it"

Sadly some pr1ck thinks he should be fined :roll:

Cardiff City fans 2012 eh :roll:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

up and forget about it"

In principle I can see why some might say fine him, no problem with that. But I wouldn't, not
unless it was gross stupidity.

But the fact that he was getting slagged off??

Shocking!!!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm

smilebit wrote:

ffs you are worse than apponents fans, they are all saying we are crap after we play them ect ect, but whos top league?? palace leicester middlesborough?? noooooooooo we are! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
smilebit wrote:

ffs you are worse than apponents fans, they are all saying we are crap after we play them ect ect, but whos top league?? palace leicester middlesborough?? noooooooooo we are! :ayatollah:

For once I agree with you, the facts are, WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Nugent and connley crap? not what i heard.

Was at the game mate and they were utter shit , and the same goes for most of the team bar Kym and Helguson who put in a shift and run their hearts out , Hundson was class as well tbf

ffs you are worse than apponents fans,

coming from 1 that never went to last nights game eh ?. If you were there you know it's truth and Cardiff on the nite were shocking

you obviously don't go to many games.

Was you there last night.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20521493

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

up and forget about it"

your a f*cking prick.. always were