Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tonights game

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:05 pm

We were very comfortable up to the sending off. Derby were forced to attack but did not look like scoring it must be said. The sending off did not exactly changed the game totally but it was the luck the home team needed. They got their equalisier just after the sending off and this must be down to us not adapting quick enough because as soon as we got our balance Derby really struggled to break us down. In fact we nearly retook the lead with an Helguson header from one of Whittingham defence breaking passes.

Under the circumstances it was a good point and as I said well earlier Derby is a difficult place to come to and get something. Yes I reckon we would have got all 3 points with 11 men but before the start of the gamewould have been happy with a draw. As we finished with 10 men then it has to go down as a good result for us.

Re: Tonights game

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Spot on mate it was a good point to win under the circumstances

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We were very comfortable up to the sending off. Derby were forced to attack but did not look like scoring it must be said. The sending off did not exactly changed the game totally but it was the luck the home team needed. They got their equalisier just after the sending off and this must be down to us not adapting quick enough because as soon as we got our balance Derby really struggled to break us down. In fact we nearly retook the lead with an Helguson header from one of Whittingham defence breaking passes.

Under the circumstances it was a good point and as I said well earlier Derby is a difficult place to come to and get something. Yes I reckon we would have got all 3 points with 11 men but before the start of the gamewould have been happy with a draw. As we finished with 10 men then it has to go down as a good result for us.

Good point to win but feels like two points lost because of stupidity. I am thankful that Malky has invested in another solid defender like Connolly otherwise we might have been coming home without any points.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm

corky wrote:Spot on mate it was a good point to win under the circumstances

I'd have been happy with a point anyway tbh.

Despite the ref we got a good point, really am pleased tonight :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I think that the away win at Barnsley and a draw tonight will give us confidence that the away-form is improving, especially as we were down to 10 men tonight and Derby are certainly no mugs. An away win and draw on the bounce - I'm happy with that. Dave Jones will be gunning for us on Sunday and especially as they got tonked tonight. Championship is trench-warfare. Looking good though.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:We were very comfortable up to the sending off. Derby were forced to attack but did not look like scoring it must be said. The sending off did not exactly changed the game totally but it was the luck the home team needed. They got their equalisier just after the sending off and this must be down to us not adapting quick enough because as soon as we got our balance Derby really struggled to break us down. In fact we nearly retook the lead with an Helguson header from one of Whittingham defence breaking passes.

wow spot on mate :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 am

Spot on Ian, that's how I saw it as well.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am

4 points out of 6 away from home is fantastic and the 2 massive home wins and saw us push on.

It is exicting but we have to build on this.

Any point away from is a bonus. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 am

Yep, fair assessment I'd say Ian.