Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 away games with 10 men but 4 points!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm

We would have caved in previously, it seems the referee cost us tonight, radio Wales say the game changed as soon as Noone got sent off and they couldn't understand where they got 6 minutes injury time from. 4 points away from home over 2 games is fantastic, but to do this with 10 men in both games shows we are showing signs of turning the corner away from home. Hopefully if we can keep up this consistancy and keep our home form going, we will do it this season. We have shown we do have the character and mental toughness to pick up results, away from home, with a depleted squad, with 10 men and with decisions going against us. We do have the players who can step in when needed, which is what we lacked last season. Some of us may be disappointed of throwing away another lead, but don't forget Derby have only lost once at home so far this season.

We would have capitulated before, tonight didn't sound pretty but we are starting to show we can grind out results. Tonight was a good, battling point, and a point which has kept us top and put us another point clear of Leicester. We have fought and scrapped for this point and I have every confidence we will not fade away and die this season. We currently have numerous key players out injured, who are resting and dying to get back into the team. Jordon Mutch came on tonight after a 2 month rest. He will be fresh and vital during our tough christmas period when he gets back up to speed. There's a lot to be positive about, well done City! :ayatollah:

Re: 2 away games with 10 men but 4 points!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Me and my dad watching jeff's replacement on sky and felt sick :lol:

We celebrated like it was a win :ayatollah: great point anyway especially with a man down.